General discussion
 MadTracker 2.3.0 RC 1
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
TOffe
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30 2003 10:57    

Sunbuster wrote:
ok, so to get this topic back from the virus thingy, an report about the track naming and muting of tracks:

Go to config->general and make sure the box where it says "rename tracks only from the mixer" is not checked. Now when you double click on the part of the pattern window where it says "track 0, track 1, track 2 etc." you'll be able to rename the tracks from there. Ok nothing new so far.

Here comes the interesting part. If you have the checkbox unchecked in config, you'll be able to mute tracks (other than track 0) by single clicking on the trackname in the pattern window. But there is a pretty long latency before the track gets muted (don't know if this is because of some configuration of mine or not, but I doubt it). Now, if you go back to config and check the box "rename tracks only from the mixer", you won't be able to mute tracks by doing as I described before. Instead, you'll only be able to mute the track that you last muted. For instance, if you last muted track 4 by clicking on the name in the pattern window, then go and check the checkbox, and then try to mute track 2, track 4 will be muted.

Don't know if this was a known issue, but at least somewhere it was said that you can only mute track 0 by clicking on the name in the pattern window. This it seems, is not true Wink Anyway, I guess this will be fixed anyway since there was a known issue with the track muting from the start, but hopefully the report helped a bit Smile

Well if one uses the checkbox "rename tracks only in the mixer" then it was true Wink The renaming in the mixer was done the night before it was released that's why it has some bugs and problems. But it's better with a 64 tracks mt that isn't working compleatly perfect than to wait for the final release when Yannick gets back Rolling Eyes

http://www.sonitusmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/meltic

"You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note." -Doug Floyd
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30 2003 13:17    

Oh yes definetly better to get it already, and this way, Yannick will have gotten some public reactions before giving out the final release. Maybe the track muting thingy can be easily fixed before the actual release. No big deal to me, cause I usually mute tracks from the oscilloscope windows anyway Very Happy
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Ohmi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01 2003 01:16    

I just installed and it works fine with me. I just tested the track naming and wave export with a 40 Mb-sized mt2, and no problems whatsoever. Great job.
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
KSO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01 2003 04:11    
Pattern problem

I use MT2 with pattern divided to the main but it crashes MT2.3 for me Exclamation Crying or Very sad
It's a bug Question
TmX
User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01 2003 13:15    

I'd rather have Pitch envelope then Track names *hint hint* Wink

Seriously though. Will Pitch envelope be implanted in Mt2 2.x ?

Man I cant wait til I get home from work and try the new mt2 Very Happy
Big Mo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02 2003 22:49    

CHICAGO¤lollie wrote:
I'm using PC-cillin, and I was just about to click it when it said a virus had been detected! Sad I don't wanna risk anything, but I don't wanna be the last MadTracker to see the improvements

Ok, last post about viruses (sorry for going a bit off-topic, but on the other hand it's not)

I had problems also with PC-cillin 2000 (I saw you were running 2002) with some updates though, but I did install Madtracker (after disabling the virus scanner). During the install, I checked every process running all the time (with a program that reads all processes from the memory, not the ctrl-alt-delete built-in Windows tasktray that hides most processes), and after the install I started MadTracker, checked any new file and registry key made on my system, but there was no virus installed.

So it's a Trojan huh. Sometimes copy protections on PC-game cd-roms are detected as Trojan viruses. So maybe it's some kind of protection in the installer. But it really is nothing to worry about.
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Big Mo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02 2003 22:54    
Re: Pattern problem

KSO wrote:
I use MT2 with pattern divided to the main but it crashes MT2.3 for me Exclamation Crying or Very sad
It's a bug Question

I can use MT2.3 in any way with the pattern screen separated from the main screen, I can play, edit, insert MIDI-events while playing. I suggest you check your configuration.
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Noorachy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03 2003 11:08    

I have some problems with MT2.3 It's impossible to choose an effect from the drop-down menu in the fx window and the button "automation" don't work! Crying or Very sad
I tested it on 2 PC, the 2 have win2000 sp3...
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
sz1
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03 2003 11:10    

Noorachy wrote:
I have some problems with MT2.3 It's impossible to choose an effect from the drop-down menu in the fx window and the button "automation" don't work! Crying or Very sad
I tested it on 2 PC, the 2 have win2000 sp3...

<< Check the FAQ.
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Noorachy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03 2003 14:57    

Ok! The cause is Office Xp with this ctfmon thing... Exclamation
Will try this evening! Thanx for the answer.

Noorachy
Szartd
User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12 2003 09:51    
Wav export sucks in mt 2.3 ?

Hey guys ,

first of all mt 2.3 rocks , it is nice and works fine!

But what about loading older mt2 files into mt 2.3 and wav export them ? It seems for me that it is not possible , and that really sucks , since I am not really planning to start a whole new song , I rather finish some onf my tunes .

Anyone knows more about this ?

Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14 2003 18:07    

About that virus thing... I just installed F-Secure and made a fresh scan of all my system and did not found any virus.

It's probably the way PC-Cillin detects this virus that can be also triggered by the self-extract RAR setup executable.

Yannick
CHICAGO¤lollie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15 2003 09:56    

Yeah...

...well, after reading all the comments on this "virus" sub-topic, I've given it a lot of thought, and, well...

*click*
*click*
*downloading mt2.3 and will ignore false virus warnings* Smile
CHICAGO¤lollie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15 2003 13:22    

Shocked I--I'm sorry I ever thought MT2.3RC1 was virused, and that I ever doubted it.

Very Happy I LOVE IT!!!! W00T!!!! Very Happy
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
mikx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16 2003 04:10    
ok ok.. let me get this straight!

ok guys (by the way i'm back from a short but wonderful trip around europe)..

what are the known bugs for mt2.3 ??

Smile
-mikx
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 3 of 4 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next