Forum
Bug report
 2.6 export problem.
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Grunzzer
User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10 2007 16:56    

I would prefer to buy the MT2, but I think it might have the same problems when exporting to wav or mp3. It seems to be something in the export function, not a problem of the target format. Or not?

Question

Grunzz.
View user's journal Send private message
geralds
User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10 2007 22:26    

TOffe: That's true of course.

Grunzzer, that's a fair point: I hadn't thought of that possibility.

In any case I think I've found a way around this: OpenMPT will load the MT2 file and export to wav and MIDI. Sorry to mention a different tracker on the MT forum, but I hope that's forgivable given that ogg/MIDI export is supposed to work and doesn't.

If you feel it's out of order, please accept my apologies and delete the post.

Best,
Gerald
Grunzzer
User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11 2007 10:29    

OpenMPT does not import MT2 modules correctly, at least not on my computer. (I've tried Open Modplug Tracker version 1.17.02.28 (1.17RC2).) I'd have to rewrite all my modules, which is not too enticing a prospect.

When I convert my modules to FT2 (in MT2), then the speed changes are lost, just as when I export to MIDI.

I'd happily buy MT2, if I could be certain that the export function works correctly. But I somehow doubt it will. Maybe I try ogg first, when this works, then wav may work as well...

Dazed & confused,
Grunzzer.
goose

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11 2007 19:21    

For what it's worth - I can't believe that Yannick would release broken unregistered versions on purpose. That's just not his style. Confused Also, I've never had a problem with Wav export and I've been using it for years. What VSTs are you using? Maybe that has something to do with your problem.
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 2 of 2 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2