MadTracker.org
Forum - Do you want to cooperate with a MadTracker music project?
 Forum
Compo talk
 Do you want to cooperate with a MadTracker music project?
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Do you want to cooperate in this project?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

a-stay

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13 2006 20:31    

-------------------------------------------------------------
The Big Idea is to make music together over internet with one person use bass, one synth, one drums, etc.
To make it fast, we can use one person per sample/instrument. I begin with bass, so then you can add what you want with your preffered instrument/sample. Remember, the most recent version is the most updated. It's important that all people give their e-mail adress here on the forum or to me on astay79@yahoo.no . If the project becomes successful, we can make a website if someone of us wants to. But we must agree to what we do. Anyone who hasn't time to finish their contribution partly or whole, get's help from another of us who is the rest.
Remember: not more than 4 synths is allowed (bass synth isn't in within these).

Rules:
You must have done tracker music for at least 3 years to contribute (maintains quality).
I am the leader of this project. If the project becoms big, we'll include some of you who joins the project to it. (Remember, this is a democracy project. So if anyone gets a good idea, the leader(s) will take the decision about the idea.

Responsibility for the samples/instruments:
1.I A-Stay, in reality Øystein Claussen, from Norway) do the bass and drums.
2.Percussion/claps, hihats: Free for the first person who wants to.
3.Synth(s)/synth pads: Free for the first who wants to/but not any of the above persons.
4. Maybe 2nd to 4th synths free if the first synth person don't want to to all synths.
5.We need a sirene person. (I have one, but I love to include others with better sirenes to do this job.
6.Guitar needed for one to control.
7.Piano needed also for one to control,
6.Optional sample/synth: Free for a person who have additional ideas.
7.Like above (6.)
8.Like above also (also=(6.) but with another instrument.
9.Like above also (if desired).
10.Like above also (if the idea is good for the track).
11.FX for the right best person who adores FX.
12.Effects controlled inside MadTracker are controlled by each person to each persons respective instruments.
12.Ideas are open for additional persons or the existin persons who have clues about new samples/instruments to include.
13. Remember: not more than 21 different instruments/samples are allowed for the track.

Above ideas (5-10) are not more than for 9 samples/instruments to be in the track.

If the track becomes good enough I will take it to a studio and let a qualified person who have been in the mastering business for more then 20 years do the mastering job.

The name for this project is not decided yet, but feel free to suggest (also others who don't want to be included in this project.

Come after me.

Nice of you to contribute.

Øystein Claussen
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail
Ravana

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14 2006 09:07    

I'm always happy to take part in some fun co-operation, though "at least 3 years of tracking"-rule will drop me out in this case, I guess.

Well anyway, I just wanted to say that 9 samples is way too few for the track... Or did you mean that so far there are nine samples?

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/thejollynekromanseri.51046.php

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/bewaretheconstruct.62202.php

MT source files available if requested (maybe)
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail
MagnarTBL

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16 2006 11:51    

A co-op through the internet is something I actually would like to do, but not according these terms.

Sorry...
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Walter Vos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16 2006 13:16    

how about joining the chainsong a-stay?

what is hip?

www.waltervos.nl
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
PyroZane

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18 2006 17:45    

This requiers alot of communication, planing etc, where to start etc. sending the song back and forward.

A better way is to let someone start to make an almost complete melodi, then the next artist remove/change what he dislike, then add new stuff, etc. then you end up with a nice song at the end.

There is no facts about how a song should be, and each artist should be free to add what he feels that can bring the song to the next level, to many artists can also bring to many different styles into the song, so you should not have too many artists working togetter also?

A chainsong is a nice concept for lage songs, but not for small ones.

http://pyrozane.madtracker.net/
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour