0%  [ 0 ]
I dont understand what your talking about
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

Silas Rye

PostPosted: Sun May 28 2006 18:53    
loop record

The way i write now is to build a pattern, then open my wav editor and record an instrument that i play or sing while that pattern is repeating, then i cut it up and load it back into mad tracker. The problem is that sometimes trimming and things is not simple, and it is some trouble extracting a pattern lenght loop (or cutting a longer one into pieces) and then inserting it into the track perfectly lined up.

suggestion:
I would like the sample editor to be able to record loops with begining points specified by the user ( say on the second beat at 12 LPB that would be line 12 (I do that now to give myself some sliding room))

So it works like this, i set the sample name 'acoustic guitar', i set the start point '12' and now when i start the pattern repeating, madtracker is recording loops for me that run one pattern length, from line 12 to line 12. Then after screwing around with this for a couple minutes, any one of those loops now named 'acustic guitar_<loop iteration>'.

now when i want this to be synced with my track the way i orignally played it, all i have to do is put it in at C3 on line 12.

This would be heaven for me, cause this is exactly how i write but it is sometimes tough to record long bits and extract them and ad them properly.

Maybe this is a madtracker 3 type thing, or ,maybe it could be written as a vst plugin? Maybe there is this plugin already if so please let me know.
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Silas Rye

PostPosted: Tue May 30 2006 00:02    
welll

guess i should have put another option:
who cares?
obviously noone.
bigandymac

PostPosted: Tue May 30 2006 00:19    

actually i think thats a great idea, i make quite a few loops for websites, and getting them to loop perfectly when there are delays and reverbs on the track is pretty challenging.

andy
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mechanism

PostPosted: Tue May 30 2006 00:30    

Yeah I agree as well.
The wav editor in madtracker is way too limited, and could definately be improved.
I edit most of my samples in Soundforge, and it does become cumbersome reloading files back into mt2 only to find it isn't quite right and needs more editing.
More overall functionality is needed in the wav editor.
Including: undo, start and end play points, more detailed zoom on wavs, directX plugins on the wav editor would be a godsend.

<~The Mechanism~>

http://mechanism.madtracker.net
SoulEye
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Tue May 30 2006 19:57    

The wave editor is so bad I never use it unless it's something real easy like cutting silence before a sound, or doing a fadeout. Recording is also totally out of the question (simply won't work here).

A workaround would be to copypaste some loops efter one and other and then you'll have reverbs where you need them, I guess. But I guess you already tried that and it doesn't work well...

http://www.souleye.se
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour