0%  [ 0 ]
it sucked, get over it!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Sunbuster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07 2003 22:10    
People! lend me your ears!

I only ask that you drop everything you're doing right now, download my new tune and give it a listen, then tell me what you think Wink
Did some mastering on it this weekend, but as I'm working with (let's be honest) shitty equipment I'm not sure if the end result is good...

It's a D'n'B-ish tune, but I doubt it's what you'd hear at some club Wink

[url=http://www.gnejsi.net/music/gnejsi_days_in_the_past_(07092003).mp3]regular version (128kbps)[/url] (about 7.8MB)
[url=http://www.gnejsi.net/music/gnejsi_days_in_the_past_(07092003)_lofi.mp3]lo-fi version (64kbps)[/url] (about 3.9MB)

enjoy, and thank's for listening! Cool
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08 2003 00:24    

Amazing! I had the pleasure of a pre-listening some months ago, and this one is just plain great. It's Sunbuster-style all the way, but again with improvements along the road. Nothing to add, just a very good track. Yannick should feel proud to have build a piece of software that enables such music.

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
CHICAGO¤lollie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08 2003 06:19    

Downloaded the hi-fi version. True, a good tune. I like it, but that synth (that sounds a bit like a old microsoft midi accordian or something) could have been different. Just that one sample though. Otherwise, all good Smile

...course, I'm not one to talk about D`n B Smile I'm not too familar with the genre Wink
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
D Vibe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08 2003 09:57    

I liked it. Though I can't really hear any drum'n'bass Smile ... nice one though, a bit too repetive, but that's a matter of taste.

/Daniel

https://www.dvibe.se
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08 2003 11:17    

Wonderful job Sunbuster! I am proud of you indeed! Very Happy

Keep it up!

Yannick
goose

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08 2003 12:26    

As c-frog says - no drum n bass here, but getting warmer. But a very good track. The love child of Kraftwerk and William Orbit - which is a good thing indeed. Wink

View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
mikx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08 2003 12:53    

brilliant! haha! and hey, the high hats and cym rides are panned too! Wink

very musical again, with great samples... nice finish too! a warm track and a great one in my opinion- well done!

Cool
mikx
Blaster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08 2003 13:00    

Hmm I got distracted by the nice pictures you put on your site Wink

Listening to it as we speak, at least I like the intro... but 8 minutes is usually a bit much for me on one track.

Can't say much on the overall sound quality since I listen to it on some earphones which belong to my mp3 player (am @ work right now). There's a certain tranquility in the song, very nice. But it goes on and on.. getting incentives to skip a bit.

I know you seem to like the longer mixes (many people do), but I personally like to have the best of the song packed in a short, powerful version.. Guess you won't do a radio edit? Wink
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08 2003 14:32    

Thank's for the comments guys Smile Must say I wasn't expecting 7 replies in such a short time, all of them more or less positive.

Yes, D'n'B isn't quite the right name for this, that's why I put the -ish after it Very Happy But it ain't down tempo either, not breaks... perhaps atmospheric jungle would have been more appropriate? Confused

->Spaceman: Yeah, I hear ya. I do prefer longer mixes, simply because I like to take time to build things up. But I'll be getting some studio time at a pro-sound studio next week probably, perhaps I'll do a radio mix of the tune there Wink
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08 2003 22:08    

Sunbuster wrote:
Yes, D'n'B isn't quite the right name for this, that's why I put the -ish after it Very Happy But it ain't down tempo either, not breaks... perhaps atmospheric jungle would have been more appropriate? Confused

Names are irrelevant, it's music that matters. I've heard drum 'n bass tunes in all the possible broadness you can think of, and the main characteristic of it all is it's tempo (somewhere between 155 and 200) and the way the beats are programmed (boem...tak.....boek.tak!). If in real need, go for atmospheric drum 'n bass. Jungle (in what I perceived on the boards) is kind of outdated as a name (but maybe that's just me).

I like the fact that in this song everything seems 'blended'. Not a harsh tone to be found, only a very smooth pattern of instruments, the Orb-alike fx and a huge flowing song. The repetitive character is something done very properly, but I know that it can be interpreted as 'irritating' if you're not used to it. For those who like repetition: try Optical's remix of Goldie's 'Mother'; he scaled a six minute song to 74 minutes Smile

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour