Forum
Bug report
 track routing (bug?)
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Trance
User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30 2006 17:40    
track routing (bug?)

I want tracks 7 and 8 to have both mpReverb effect and Filter effect. So I route the tracks as follows: tracks 7 and 8 are both routed to track 30. Track 30 has mpReverb fx and is routed to track 31, which has Filter fx, and is routed to Master.
The problem is that no sound can be heard from tracks 7 and 8. However, when I disable the effect "mpReverb" on track 30, it starts playing! (it also starts playing when I put some "simpler" fx on track 30 such as Distortion, Delay...)
Next thing I tried was putting the mpReverb fx on tracks 7 and 8 and then routing these to track 31 (with filter) and to master. This kinda worked but there was no reverb. However, when I disabled the mpReverb on track 7, track 8 started reverbing!

kinda weird, isn't it.
View user's journal Send private message
oldbrian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31 2006 00:25    

yes, the old routing had this bug, reverbed tracks became silent when routed to filters and so on. however, it should work if you use the new routing (ctrl+f, General tab and uncheck the 'old routing' checkbox).
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail
Trance
User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31 2006 12:46    

oldbrian wrote:
yes, the old routing had this bug, reverbed tracks became silent when routed to filters and so on. however, it should work if you use the new routing (ctrl+f, General tab and uncheck the 'old routing' checkbox).

this works, thanks!
D Vibe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31 2006 13:33    

oldbrian wrote:
Ahh! Okay, that was actually news for me. I think I've noticed this problem once too, but I wasn't aware of that it was actually an optional bug Wink

/Daniel

https://www.dvibe.se
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
xiphiuz
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31 2006 19:43    

me too, but a long time ago.. Smile
Trance
User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31 2006 20:08    

Could this (new routing) be made default in next MT versions? I don't feel like still putting "!IMPORTANT! You have to turn off Old routing!" in many of my MT2 modules.

J.M.
SoulEye
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01 2006 00:16    

c-frog wrote:
oldbrian wrote:
Ahh! Okay, that was actually news for me. I think I've noticed this problem once too, but I wasn't aware of that it was actually an optional bug Wink

/Daniel

Me too! I'm like.... WTF?!

http://www.souleye.se
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour