Forum - Side-chaining support for VST plugins
 Forum
Help and support
 Side-chaining support for VST plugins
Reply to topic Post new topic  
goose

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30 2006 13:37    
Side-chaining support for VST plugins

Anyone care to elaborate on how to use Side-chaining support for VST plugins. then I can add to the Wiki. Or have I missed a tutorial?

Question

Thanks
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
goose

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04 2006 09:46    

No one got any ideas on this one?

Crying or Very sad
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ravana

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04 2006 14:26    

Well I don't know in general, but with the SideChainComp VST I always use it goes simply as follows:

You load the VST and assign it to the track you want to compress (or whatever would be the term in this case), then just select the input track for the side chain from the VSTs GUI.

But well I have an idea you knew that already and I'm just babbling for nothing. Is side-chain used for other purposes other than compression, too? I would like to see some VSTs, if there are any.

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/thejollynekromanseri.51046.php

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/bewaretheconstruct.62202.php

MT source files available if requested (maybe)
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail
goose

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04 2006 15:06    

Ravana wrote:

But well I have an idea you knew that already and I'm just babbling for nothing.

Thanks. all babbling welcome. I understand a bit about sidechaining, but couldn't figure it in MT. I now see that you have to put the Sidechain compressor on a track to the right of the Sidechain input track. Rolling Eyes

Ravana wrote:
Is side-chain used for other purposes other than compression, too? I would like to see some VSTs, if there are any.

There's a gate/expander one too. Any other free ones people use? Anyone got some good tips and uses of sidechaining in MT?
Ravana

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05 2006 08:11    

goose wrote:
Thanks. all babbling welcome. I understand a bit about sidechaining, but couldn't figure it in MT. I now see that you have to put the Sidechain compressor on a track to the right of the Sidechain input track. Rolling Eyes

There's a gate/expander one too. Any other free ones people use? Anyone got some good tips and uses of sidechaining in MT?

Yeah, just like the routing in MT normally goes. I bet the uses and tips of side-chain in MT are just the same as anywhere else. Compressor in probably the most used one. But Í searched a bit and there seems to be also for example filters with side-chain and so on.

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/thejollynekromanseri.51046.php

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/bewaretheconstruct.62202.php

MT source files available if requested (maybe)
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail
goose

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05 2006 18:16    

I expect you're right. But you never know... any info is welcome. Cool
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour