View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
xiphiuz
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01 2007 17:50    

Sounds really nice, I am in! Cool
View user's journal Send private message
Ravana

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01 2007 18:21    

Uh, the deadline is almost here already. Don't know if I'll make anything, since I'm generally quite slow at making stuff... But we'll see. Maybe a remix compo as a major compo is not something I was expecting, but it will do anyways. We'll see...

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/thejollynekromanseri.51046.php

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/bewaretheconstruct.62202.php

MT source files available if requested (maybe)
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail
Breaker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01 2007 20:49    

Can't there be a remix compo AND a normal compo?

Sounds like dubbel the fun...
View user's journal Send private message
Elijah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01 2007 21:05    

this is a bit different. and unexpected. but just beacause i like causing conspiracy talk and such... are there not enough organizers this year? is that why we're getting a different type of competition?

i was really looking forward to, as mentioned before, the highlight of the year original compo. and i really do appreciate the fact that there is a competition. i believe that a directional creative stream does in fact produce good results. i find that if i work towards something in particular, then i end up with a better song...

this may be a stretch, but perhaps AFTER may1 etc. we could do a tracker organized compo. deadline aug 1 or something. maybe everybody that submits an entry can donate 5 bucks to a pot or something. 200 entries = $ 1000 dollars. i dont know.

and then voted like an ohc? haha.

oh dreamland. i love you.

ok i will try yan. thx.

- Elijah
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TNK / ATK project

Location: Village-Neuf, France (Dont's search on the map, it's tiny...)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01 2007 21:36    

Yannick wrote:

PS: It's actually better if you don't understand the lyrics. Razz

The fact is that when you understand what is sung, it gives you an orientation for the whole song. For exemple, I'ld add lotsa voices (in french too) that fit in the topic the song's about, but the entry will probably loose a lot of it's power for those who do not understand the extra voices or FXs I might add.

Besides this, While allowing .ogg entries is a cool thing, I think that it is important to have the stuff available as a .mt2 file too, because it's only by releasing source material that the scene can be kept alive, showing exemples to the newer producers how (potentially great) tracks are built.

.ogg export can be a plus as it allows post processing on the song, but .ogg exports alone are a bit sad for a MT compo.

Switzerland : #1 earthquake provider! (Bootyshakin' Willhelm Tell ?!?)
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
D Vibe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01 2007 21:49    

Maybe you could translate what the lyrics are?

https://www.dvibe.se
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01 2007 22:01    

TNK / ATK project wrote:
Besides this, While allowing .ogg entries is a cool thing, I think that it is important to have the stuff available as a .mt2 file too, because it's only by releasing source material that the scene can be kept alive, showing exemples to the newer producers how (potentially great) tracks are built.

I agree. But in this perticular case of a fun compo, I just don't want to limit people too much. Some may want to use commercial plugins to reach the result they want, etc.
So it's a bit unconventional I agree. That's why we may have a "normal" compo later this year too.

c-frog: It basically says: "It's the peasant song with the cows and the pigs. We turn around, we turn around." Deep as hell eh? Mr. Green

Yannick
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
-M-o-V-A-J-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01 2007 22:02    

TNK / ATK project wrote:
The fact is that when you understand what is sung, it gives you an orientation for the whole song

agree

----

why MP3 is not available and OGG yes ???

i think MP3 would give more "players" to that compo

Visit http://www.electromusica.com
----
Making music since 1998

-M-o-V-A-J-
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TNK / ATK project

Location: Village-Neuf, France (Dont's search on the map, it's tiny...)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01 2007 23:19    

Yannick wrote:
"It's the peasant song with the cows and the pigs. We turn around, we turn around." Deep as hell eh? Mr. Green

Yannick

Basically it does.

No doubt this song made it quite big in your area. Fun songs have always made it big.

If Kamini hadn't released his 'Marly Gomont', a good remix of your track (hey, that's what we're supposed to do!) could have become one of the huge Summer hits in France and probably Belgium too (In our countries, fun songs are often at the top of the charts).

Unfortunately, now that Kamini landed a huge hit with his Country side hip-hop track 'Marly Gomont' (the name of his town, 400 inhabitants, northern France), the idea of rural-anything will sound like a rip off from Kamini, even if Yannick's track was done more than a decade before Kamini did his funny song.

BTW, if you want to see that countryside rapper Kamini, you can watch his video >here<. This song is #1 in the charts for more than 2 months by now ! (they even did it on prime time TV shows, watch it >here<)

Switzerland : #1 earthquake provider! (Bootyshakin' Willhelm Tell ?!?)
Factor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02 2007 02:30    

I know id's a sad excuse, but the yearly MT compo somehow makes me complete a track, which is rare because I hardly finish a track.

I'm disapointed with the format of this compo, and it will not motivate me to join Sad

I do apreciate the efforts from Yannick, but a remix compo?? I don't think most of us want such a compo.

I am without time, so I can't offer any time to be honest. But I hope to have some time after April. Why not start a 2007 Compo with the help of the scene? Make a pole or topic, "MT2007 Compo" Share your ideas kind of stuff?

Just a thought

Factor
N0N

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02 2007 10:49    

remix a club French dance track? what??????????
nice to finally hear something from Yannick, but do what??? and call it the 07 compo????? sure, I guess, whatever, doubt I will participate though. I like the "use whatever plug-ins you got" thing, but I'm done (just when I thought MT was going to pull out something special from it's arse) -23 c It's freaking cold and I don't want to deal with this. This is limiting on so many different angles it hurts to even consider greatness comes from remixing, because it comes from practice and talent. I mean seriously if you want someone to remix a song you did, use the music forum. you should have run a poll to find out if this remix compo '07 was a good idea before such disregard to the writing styles of many of MT's users. Don't get me wrong, if this is the final call, so be it, I'm just saying the MT compo was suppose to be the best of what comes from your heart.
goose

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02 2007 11:52    

Lighten up, folks - - Sounds fun to me - Think I'll have a go at the compo this year! Watch in terror as I upload my entry... Twisted Evil

Is that you singing, Yannick??? Shocked
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02 2007 12:02    

goose wrote:
Is that you singing, Yannick??? Shocked

Nah, it's my friend. Razz

Yannick
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
G3ronimo
Hot & Sexeh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02 2007 13:31    

Yannick wrote:

G3ronimo: No prize indeed. But I can try to get one though. Smile It's mainly a fun compo anyway.

Yannick

you could at least have some registered copys as prizes Wink

www.soundsector.net
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 2 of 6 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next