Announcements
 MadTracker Remix Compo 2007
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01 2007 13:06    

This year will start with a fun remix compo! It will also be a free compo without as much restrictions as the previous ones.

The original track is a very old track that I made with a friend back in the Madhouse days. That track had quite a local success. Smile I'm persuaded that this track didn't receive the fame and success it deserved. So now I would really like you all to remix it in order to give it a second life and make some astonishing piece of music out of it!

Read more here:

Last edited by Yannick on Fri Feb 02 2007 11:23; edited 4 times in total
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
StyrmanLjungberg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01 2007 13:12    
Re: MadTracker Compo 2007

Finally! Very Happy yeah!
View user's journal Send private message MSN Messenger
G3ronimo
Hot & Sexeh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01 2007 13:16    

YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES

[edit]

hey... no prizes ?

www.soundsector.net
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
TNK / ATK project

Location: Village-Neuf, France (Dont's search on the map, it's tiny...)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01 2007 13:19    

Are we allowed to add additionnal / extra / whatever samples / FXs / ... to the remix ?

Switzerland : #1 earthquake provider! (Bootyshakin' Willhelm Tell ?!?)
-M-o-V-A-J-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01 2007 13:31    

OHHhhhhh!!!! YESSS!!!!!
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
¡¡WONDERFUL!!

----

So... we can use all we want doing that remix ?? any sample, any vst (free or not free), and send it as an OGG file, is it ??

Visit http://www.electromusica.com
----
Making music since 1998

-M-o-V-A-J-
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01 2007 13:35    

TNK & MoVAJ: Yes it's completely free! Do whatever you like, and if the VST you used aren't available freely, then just submit the Ogg export.

G3ronimo: No prize indeed. But I can try to get one though. Smile It's mainly a fun compo anyway.

Yannick
-M-o-V-A-J-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01 2007 13:42    

i listened the "original track"...

likes sounds !jaja...

but, really it haven't got any "melody"... so.. my question is...

Appart from "conserve" the original "letters" (using sample packagge), we can make any style, and with any meldoy we want??

----
Making music since 1998

-M-o-V-A-J-
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cHiEfRoCkA 4 ReaL

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01 2007 13:44    

Imma have a look at this one Smile.

View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
MagnarTBL

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01 2007 13:46    

I would rather see a new Madtracker Compo 2007, whereas there is no limitation to usage of VST's whatsoever. Just let ppl use whatever they got availalbe to compose the most amazing song ever made within Madtracker... But with the requirement that the Main Editor/Sequencer used is Madtracker.

THAT kind of a competition would have raised my attention.

A remix of others old songs, nah... not me. I rather use my time to compose own new songs instead. Smile But that's just me... I guess.

BR Magnar
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
-M-o-V-A-J-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01 2007 13:51    

MagnarTBL wrote:

A remix of others old songs, nah... not me. I rather use my time to compose own new songs instead. Smile But that's just me... I guess.BR Magnar

Well... maybe i think similar... that kind of music make our imagination more LIMITED... maybe, if only was a "melody" and the make song with that melody, (Like FRANKLIN COMPO), or similar, we can do whatever we want...

but that style, with FRENCH voices, old song "madhouse"... mmm... i would try to do some good track... but i don't know if I can...

I think a lot of people know that I always try to make good trance... mmm i would like to do some good with that voices in a trance style.. i don't know if its a good idea Razz!Razz!
Good luck !!

----
Making music since 1998

-M-o-V-A-J-
Frazze

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01 2007 16:06    

I must say this disapoints me. The MadTracker Compo is one of the highpoints of the year and being able to send in a song made freely and be rated and get vaulable feedback is great.

Also:

1. I think this will limit the participation. A lot.
2. I personaly dislike remixing as i find it hard to make something intressting.
3. I don't understand french, and I'm probably not alone in this. I want to know the lyrics and their meaning.

Note that I will make an entry anyway, but I think this is a far cry from a "real" MT-compo.

http://www.last.fm/music/8ism
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
G3ronimo
Hot & Sexeh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01 2007 16:41    

Frazze wrote:
I must say this disapoints me. The MadTracker Compo is one of the highpoints of the year and being able to send in a song made freely and be rated and get vaulable feedback is great.

Also:

1. I think this will limit the participation. A lot.
2. I personaly dislike remixing as i find it hard to make something intressting.
3. I don't understand french, and I'm probably not alone in this. I want to know the lyrics and their meaning.

Note that I will make an entry anyway, but I think this is a far cry from a "real" MT-compo.

Agree Smile

www.soundsector.net
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01 2007 16:48    

While it's a remix compo, I think you're still quite free to do anything you like. You're not limited by samples or plugins this time. You can even submit an Ogg file if you use non-free plugins or if you master it.

You used to do wonders with limitations. Take the IRC mini-compos for instance. Limitations should boost your creativity.
Now, if you can't manage to do something with it, I'll be the one to be disappointed. Wink

If the remix you come up with is very different from the original, I don't care. Just create something nice. And I'm sure you can. Just don't be scared by the word "remix".

Yannick

PS: It's actually better if you don't understand the lyrics. Razz
MagnarTBL

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01 2007 16:53    

Sure, nice of you to tross a remix compo for those interested in remixing.

But I would like to see a continue of the MadTracker Compo serie where we have free hands to do own music without limitations - within the Madtracker editor.

If the prices in a new MadTracker Compo are great - then that would be a bonus. Smile

BR Magnar
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
-M-o-V-A-J-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01 2007 17:00    

I'm agree with Frazze!
----
MagnarTBL wrote:

But I would like to see a continue of the MadTracker Compo serie where we have free hands to do own music without limitations - within the Madtracker editor.

Agree too
----

I think, to improve category and quality of MadTracker Big Compo would be that, continue with the "classic" MadTracker Compo (as sais "MagnarTBL"), but maybe with some "news":
*-> Allow all kind of VST and samples, and, like THAT "Madtracker compo 2007", allow to send files in OGG & MT2 format...

i think it would be too much interesting and the quality & originality will HAVE A EXPLOSION!!
----
Yannick wrote:
If the remix you come up with is very different from the original, I don't care. Just create something nice. And I'm sure you can. Just don't be scared by the word "remix

so... the only think we must to do is put on our own song the french voices ??

----
Making music since 1998

-M-o-V-A-J-
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 6 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next