Forum - End of sample mutes FX
 Forum
Bug report
 End of sample mutes FX
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Ophidian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04 2003 11:23    
End of sample mutes FX

Hi there, this is an error (?) I encounter almost every time I work on a track. It's been in every version of MT that I know of. (But I have been too lazy to post it.)
This is it: When using (stereo) delay or reverb on a track the FX work just fine until you redirect the track to another one to add another effect. What happens is that the reverb or delay stops at the end of the sample. This sounds really silly on a long soundscapy sound and on a short sample like a snare you might not hear any effect at all.
It's a weird glitch which I have even used as an effect in songs, but usually what I do to avoid it is make a tiny loop and the end of a sample, containing no sound. If you do this the sample does not end and so the reverb etc. continues. However, this is not always possible and it can be wildly irritating it the FX don't behave and just stop when you want a nice long reverb.
Does nobody else have this problem? Or is everybody to lazy to post it? Very Happy (or have I just missed it?)
Anyway, cya later, Ophidian.
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
CHICAGO¤lollie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04 2003 12:22    

Heh heh, nah, I've experienced that problem too. Wink
It's a pain in the ass, that one. Rolling Eyes

What I've been doing though, to overcome that problem whenever I have to, is instead of using a note-cut parameter (cause I end up using looped samples), I just use a 00 volume parameter until the reverb sounds like it's finished, or until another note comes in.

I haven't had to work around this problem recently though. Probably because I'm doing the effect redirection thing the other way around (eg: Instead of reverb-flange, I've been going flange-reverb)

Smile

edit: That, and I was too lazy to post it Razz
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04 2003 18:27    

yeah, common knowledge I think. Probably why nobody's posted about it Wink I just add a silent loop to the end of the sample, so the sample doesn't end. No problem as long as it isn't a multisample instrument you're working with, then it becomes a pain in the ass Very Happy
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
FeebleBrain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05 2003 11:02    

You can also solve the problem by not setting the delay on the track you are editing on but on a empty one, and redirect that track to the reverb. For example :

track 1 = melody where you want your delay&reverb on
|link
track 2 = delay (keep this channel empty)
|link
track 3 = reverb. (keep this channel empty)

greetz
feeblebrain
View user's journal Send private message MSN Messenger
Ophidian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05 2003 13:10    

hmmm, I'll check if that works... Usually if I link more than once it mutes the whole thing.

... N ... Z ... M ... X ...
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour