Forum
General discussion
 Reinforced piracy policy
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
CHICAGO子ollie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15 2003 02:13    
The work-around...

There is, infact, a work-around to this new anti-piracy feature and cracked modules.
It takes time, effort, a bit of patience, and disk space - How much disk space relies mainly on the instruments.

1. Open the module in a previous version of MadTracker. For example, MadTracker 2.3.1.

2. Start from the start of the song and save each individual pattern.

3. (optional, but recommended) Save each individual instrument, or just those with added instrument parameters. Either way is fine.

4. Make a list of the instruments' order, as to lessen the load of work later on. You might want to do the same for the patterns, if you have a pattern order that looks something like:
F8

Or repeats certain patterns like:

5. Open up a new module, and commence manual transfer. ie: Load up all the patterns and instruments. Wink

6. Save the newly transferred module (under a new file name).

7. Now, I'm not sure about this, but I don't think the "Pattern - Save..." saves the automation parameters. If you find that it hasn't, here's the next step.
Re-open the cracked module (make sure you have SAVED the transferred file), and... now here's a bitch of a step... Look through ALL of the patterns, and tracks, and make a list of which patterns contain automation on what tracks.

8. The easier part of the bitch of a step: Copying and pasting the tracks from the cracked module to the transferred module. Make sure you save after each individual transfer.
This will take a while, so order a pizza beforehand.
Or a coke.
Or some fish and chips.
Or chinese take-out.
Or whatever takes your fancy (food wise).

9. Make your final save, and take a listen to both versions. If both sound identical, or as close to, then huzzah! Hail the conquering hero! Bathalalalalalalalalalalala!
If not, identify what has to be done, and do it.

-----

I used that method once, but in a different case, where I used a mini-compo entry as a base for a song, did up a tune, then realised I didn't want someone else's name in the message box taking credit for my song.

Cool
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15 2003 09:00    

To reply to some questions:

Q. Can you just re-save the cracked module with MT 2.3.0?
A. No. Once a module is saved by a registered user (or with a cracked DAT file), it won't replace the identity of the song author on subsequent saves.

Q. If I register will I be able to open them again?
A. Read my post again: no. Wink

Q. How can I recover them?
A. There is a way to recover them. If you find it, good. If not, that's too bad... Twisted Evil

Yannick
Future Tribe
User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15 2003 09:54    
Re: The work-around...

CHICAGO子ollie wrote:
There is, infact, a work-around to this new anti-piracy feature and cracked modules.
It takes time, effort, a bit of patience, and disk space - How much disk space relies mainly on the instruments.

1. Open the module in a previous version of MadTracker. For example, MadTracker 2.3.1.

3. (optional, but recommended) Save each individual instrument, or just those with added instrument parameters. Either way is fine.

4. Make a list of the instruments' order, as to lessen the load of work later on. You might want to do the same for the patterns, if you have a pattern order that looks something like:
F8

5. Open up a new module, and commence manual transfer. ie: Load up all the patterns and instruments. Wink

7. Now, I'm not sure about this, but I don't think the "Pattern - Save..." saves the automation parameters. If you find that it hasn't, here's the next step.
Re-open the cracked module (make sure you have SAVED the transferred file), and... now here's a bitch of a step... Look through ALL of the patterns, and tracks, and make a list of which patterns contain automation on what tracks.

8. The easier part of the bitch of a step: Copying and pasting the tracks from the cracked module to the transferred module. Make sure you save after each individual transfer.
Or a coke.
Or some fish and chips.
Or chinese take-out.

9. Make your final save, and take a listen to both versions. If both sound identical, or as close to, then huzzah! Hail the conquering hero! Bathalalalalalalalalalalala!

-----

I used that method once, but in a different case, where I used a mini-compo entry as a base for a song, did up a tune, then realised I didn't want someone else's name in the message box taking credit for my song.

Cool

Actually, I think there is an easier way... Instead of saving every pattern and instrument individually, just convert your MT2 to XM. This way you'll only lose automation and effects (you'll still have to recreate these)... I haven't tried this method myself, but it should work. Because I don't think Madtracker saves the author data with XM's...

.fT

generated by quake, do not modify
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
CHICAGO子ollie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15 2003 10:13    

Future Tribe wrote:
CHICAGO子ollie wrote:

F8

Or a coke.
Or some fish and chips.
Or chinese take-out.

-----

Cool

Actually, I think there is an easier way... Instead of saving every pattern and instrument individually, just convert your MT2 to XM. This way you'll only lose automation and effects (you'll still have to recreate these)... I haven't tried this method myself, but it should work. Because I don't think Madtracker saves the author data with XM's...

.fT

Oh yeah... Smile Forgot about the XM thingy...
*smacks self in the forehead* Doi!

Wink
CHICAGO子ollie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15 2003 10:16    

Yannick wrote:
To reply to some questions:

Q. Can you just re-save the cracked module with MT 2.3.0?
A. No. Once a module is saved by a registered user (or with a cracked DAT file), it won't replace the identity of the song author on subsequent saves.Yannick

Yeah, that's why I did that little work-around. Wink

Haha to all those (now unfortunate) crack users! Razz
Hehehehehe...
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15 2003 10:18    

Future Tribe wrote:
Because I don't think Madtracker saves the author data with XM's...

Erm.... Rolling Eyes

Yannick

Last edited by Yannick on Wed Oct 15 2003 10:35; edited 1 time in total
CHICAGO子ollie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15 2003 10:21    

He's right then? Smile
Heh, you might wanna hide that easier method if that's the case! Cool
sz1
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15 2003 10:31    

I managed to convert one that kind of .mt2 to not regged one in past. It can be in seconds. Here is how:

(censored)

It is that easy.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by sz1 on Wed Oct 15 2003 10:35; edited 1 time in total
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
CHICAGO子ollie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15 2003 10:33    

Aaagh! I can't see it!!!
*hmph* Stupid censored stamp.

Razz
Future Tribe
User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15 2003 10:43    

Yannick wrote:
Future Tribe wrote:
Because I don't think Madtracker saves the author data with XM's...

Erm.... Rolling Eyes

Yannick

Hehe, damn, it does Evil or Very Mad Should have checked it before Sad

Although, when you re-save this XM with let's say FastTracker, then this piracy check will be gone Very Happy Wink

.fT

Last edited by Future Tribe on Wed Oct 15 2003 10:52; edited 1 time in total
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
CHICAGO子ollie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15 2003 10:47    

Oh well, guess my method is the easiest working method posted so far then, hey? Wink
Future Tribe
User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15 2003 11:14    

Well, that was fun, but I did find a way to make my mt2's look unregistered again.. Wink
I'm not gonna tell you guys (Yannick wouldn't be too happy about it I guess), but anyone who has a bit of logical thinking and a hex editor can do it themselves.

happy hacking Twisted Evil

(and feel free to send yer mt2's to me for cleaning Laughing Laughing Laughing )

.fT

Last edited by Future Tribe on Wed Oct 15 2003 11:20; edited 1 time in total
CHICAGO子ollie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15 2003 11:19    

*couldn't hack notepad if he tried* Rolling Eyes

Wink
sz1
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15 2003 11:47    

Future Tribe wrote:
Well, that was fun, but I did find a way to make my mt2's look unregistered again.. Wink
I'm not gonna tell you guys (Yannick wouldn't be too happy about it I guess), but anyone who has a bit of logical thinking and ...

Now you went to say the trick... Rolling Eyes

Wink
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
CHICAGO子ollie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15 2003 11:54    

sz1 wrote:
Future Tribe wrote:
I'm not gonna tell you guys (Yannick wouldn't be too happy about it I guess), but anyone who has a bit of logical thinking and ...

Now you went to say the trick... Rolling Eyes

Wink

Abra-cadabra?
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 2 of 6 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next