Forum - thread for going off subject so noone gets upset
 Forum
General discussion
 thread for going off subject so noone gets upset
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jesse Moore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18 2003 05:36    

mmmm. sounds like a good thing.... must be one helluva BIG blender!!!! Ahh yesss. the chocolate lover's dream! actually I've been pigging out on oreos dunked in chocolate pseudo-coffee. I like your idea better. mmmmmm Smile

"The world would be a dull place if there were no Idealists"
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
CHICAGO¤lollie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18 2003 05:41    

Oh, you haven't tasted the biggest chocolate hit then! Very Happy

Ok, here it is:
Whipped cream, ice cream, chocolate topping, chocolate fudge, chocolate pudding, sprinkles, and some more chocolate topping on top, and a huge glass of the milk shake mentioned before (just realified down though, normal blender, two or three spoons of ice cream, but same amount of chocolate topping and chopped banana Very Happy

...yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Cool
Sonitus
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20 2003 18:52    

Lollie, is that smell coming from you?

www.sonitusmusic.com
www.myspace.com/sonitusswe
www.vibraonline.com
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20 2003 21:13    

f*ck! either my processor or my mobo just took the final trip to the other side Crying or Very sad One minute I'm printing a document, suddenly the screen goes black and I'm like "huh!? wtf." I try to restart, nothing happens, the computer won't even POST, I rip everything out of the computer and start again, which in my knowledge should cause a concert of beeps cause all kinds of stuff is missing, but still nothing happens... Damn, what a nice way to start the end of the week Sad
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
CHICAGO¤lollie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20 2003 21:24    

MyztiQue wrote:
Lollie, is that smell coming from you?

What? Oh, nah, hang on, I know the source.
*yells at little brother to take a goddamn shower*

No good with the computer Sunbuster, might have to get it checked out. Hope it gets better soon
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20 2003 21:30    

naah, don't think it will get better... All that remains is to figure out wether it's the processor or the mobo that got called to the dark side. Maybe if it's the processor that went then I could find a new one, but if it is the mobo that went bye bye, then it's pretty much a new system I'll have to buy Confused
CHICAGO¤lollie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20 2003 21:36    

Damn.
Did you have it insuranced or anything, because with some of the computers around these days, they're not gonna come cheap Confused
Za!ppa

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20 2003 23:40    

You would probably not like it at all. I would compare it to what you see in Western movies. From a physical standpoint, I suppose that would work if you were trying to escape a natural disaster. Think back to the early days of the computer and how much work and cleverness it took to fit those programs into such small areas of memory. I afraid my notebook on Maxwell's equations isn't with me and I must say again that I am not a physicist. As far as tachyons goes, it's my understanding that they cannot exist at all unless they are created and "traveling" faster than light.
As far as time travel goes, I'm afraid tachyons are merely useful for describing various quirky effects of strange matter.
View user's journal Send private message
Big Mo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21 2003 00:10    

Sunbuster wrote:
naah, don't think it will get better... All that remains is to figure out wether it's the processor or the mobo that got called to the dark side. Maybe if it's the processor that went then I could find a new one, but if it is the mobo that went bye bye, then it's pretty much a new system I'll have to buy Confused

Did your power supply blew up? I've got that twice, and in that case, your mobo is gone, and you will most likely have to buy a new system.
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21 2003 17:08    

No, don't think it's the powersupply, since all HDD's and CD-ROMS continued to run just fine. Same with the processorfan and the PSU fan, nothing stopped and all of those things started up just fine as soon as I hit the power button.

I don't have any insurance on this system, don't think I'd get anything from there even if I had. These things just happen and since it can't be blamed on anyone particular the insurance companies probably won't want anything to do with it. Besides, the mobo+CPU is like three or four years old, so all warranties on those components have expired a long time ago.

I was planning on upgrading anyway, just wish I could have chosen the time of the upgrade myself... Rolling Eyes
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21 2003 17:16    

If you check on a dedicated shop that sells computer components, you will find that a 'temporal' mobo for your setup is damn cheap (approximately 40 euro, possibly less). Just check if it supports your dimms and cpu.

As for your cpu: if possible, plug it into another system with a socket A (you got a thunderbird, right?) and see if it boots. It does sound like the mobo is dead. I assume you already tried to reset the bios via the jumper on the mainboard (most of the times called jp1 / cmosrst / clrtc)? It sometimes does the trick, although I simply assume that the mainboard itself is just dead. Sorry man...I hate it when it happens Crying or Very sad

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21 2003 17:38    

Yeah, I tried with clearing the CMOS, didn't work either. I'll probably get a mobo and CPU from a friend tonight so I can test which part that has the bad hair day, but I don't think I'll buy a new mobo or CPU for this system. As I said, I've been thinking of upgrading anyway so I see no point in getting a new mobo or CPU for this one unless I can get it for free or dirt cheap Smile
Mastema

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21 2003 17:54    

Sunbuster wrote:

"There is no light or dark side of the force...There is only the force. It all depends on the user."
Anakin Solo
Sonitus
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21 2003 18:24    

aw man! you guys accually managed to go off topic on this thread which is supposed not to have one...

now that's slick Very Happy

www.sonitusmusic.com
www.myspace.com/sonitusswe
www.vibraonline.com
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
CHICAGO¤lollie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21 2003 21:23    

lmao! Laughing
I guess this proves how hard it is to actually STAY off topic, considering the fact that this thread was (originally) WITHOUT a topic Razz

`spose it's time to do the "revert to original topic" thing. It'd be a first for me, hmm...

Today's Topic Is: lol duud wat topic teres no topic wud u liek fryz wid taht i wud!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

Wink
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 3 of 4 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next