Forum
Bug report
 Cannot replace/delete MT2.dat file in Vista
Reply to topic Post new topic  
workhouse lad
User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25 2008 19:28    
Cannot replace/delete MT2.dat file in Vista

Hi, I really like Madtracker and I've used it with 98 and XP and never came across anything like this. Tracker itself installs and runs fine under Vista but when I want to install my reg files the process just freezes. I cannot replace the MT2.dat file or even delete it. Have uninstalled and reinstalled the tracker to various locaions, folders, partitions and I just haven't been able to get rid of the default MT2.dat file in order to install my own reg files in. Weird. Very weird and painful.

Due to moving I had to get rid of my good desktops with 98 and XP and now I have a cheap crappy laptop with Vista in it. Just to avoid misunderstandings I have used Madtracker before with 98 and XP and things were running smoothly. What in a world is this? I can delete huge files no matter how big with my PC but this dafault MT2.dat seems to be untouchable disregarding where I install the tracker!!!
View user's journal Send private message
workhouse lad
User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26 2008 09:19    

I got around this problem, I created a new empty folder and copied all files except the default MT2.dat and then put my registration MT2.dat file in this new folder and I have no problems.

(I still cannot get rid of the old default MT2.dat file, all the other files I can delete and I cannot even change the name of the folder where it is!!! As soon as I choose the file, click it with mouse the cpu shoots up to 100% and freezes!!! Typical Windows behaviour, wants to be your boss. MT2 for linux.. that woud be too good to be true Smile )
View user's journal Send private message
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour