Bug report
 Several Problems with MT2 after upgrading machine and OS
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Errorsmith
User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16 2008 10:33    
Several Problems with MT2 after upgrading machine and OS

Hi

I recently got a new machine and reinstalled Windows. Before that I have had a AMD XP3200+ with Win 2000, now I'm using an AMD dualcore CPU with a 32bit Win XP. Madtracker is the current verion wich is available for download on this website with a por registration. Unfortunatly, after upgrading my machine, I ran into some problems wich may or may not related to the new hardware and/or operating system.

First Problem: MT2 hangs. When I start MT2 and close it, the program remains in the taskbar. To "get rid" of it, I have to kill it with the taskmanager. Unfortunatly the mt2.exe process still remains in the process list and I'm not able to kill it. I have to reboot the system. Additionally, until I reboot, my System acts very slow and unresponsive.

Second Problem: When using the creative ASIO drivers and exporting to a Wave File and
1. In the presets chose "DAT Mastering" or CD Mastering or when samplerate set to something bigger then 44100hz, I get an errormessage wich says that the module "wave.mtx" has generated an error. It also tells me an memory adress where the error occured.

2. When the samplerate is lower than 44100Hz, the resulting wavefile is empty.

Third Problem:
I can export Wavefiles when using the included DX driver. Unfortunatly the resulting sounds have clipping. The gain setting shows no effect here. When playing the track, the music sounds nice, but playing back the exported file, it sounds bad because of the clipping.

Has anyone similar problems or ideally a solution at hand for this?

kind regards,

Errorsmith
View user's journal Send private message
SX001

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18 2008 05:57    
Re: Several Problems with MT2 after upgrading machine and OS

Errorsmith wrote:
Hi

I recently got a new machine and reinstalled Windows. Before that I have had a AMD XP3200+ with Win 2000, now I'm using an AMD dualcore CPU with a 32bit Win XP. Madtracker is the current verion wich is available for download on this website with a por registration. Unfortunatly, after upgrading my machine, I ran into some problems wich may or may not related to the new hardware and/or operating system.

First Problem: MT2 hangs. When I start MT2 and close it, the program remains in the taskbar. To "get rid" of it, I have to kill it with the taskmanager. Unfortunatly the mt2.exe process still remains in the process list and I'm not able to kill it. I have to reboot the system. Additionally, until I reboot, my System acts very slow and unresponsive.

Second Problem: When using the creative ASIO drivers and exporting to a Wave File and
1. In the presets chose "DAT Mastering" or CD Mastering or when samplerate set to something bigger then 44100hz, I get an errormessage wich says that the module "wave.mtx" has generated an error. It also tells me an memory adress where the error occured.

2. When the samplerate is lower than 44100Hz, the resulting wavefile is empty.

Third Problem:
I can export Wavefiles when using the included DX driver. Unfortunatly the resulting sounds have clipping. The gain setting shows no effect here. When playing the track, the music sounds nice, but playing back the exported file, it sounds bad because of the clipping.

Has anyone similar problems or ideally a solution at hand for this?

kind regards,

Errorsmith

MT2 "hanging out" ... well it is also with my older hardware (Pentium M, 1,5GHz, WIN98SE 512MB RAM and I am unable to use it with that laptop, while on other computer (see on my signature) it works fine, amazing, I have no idea whats the problem.

wave export:
actually I had no idea that there are 101 ways of wave export when using "export" function. Smile So far I needed that tracker only as a sampler / realtime player for my synths.

But for this I know only workaround for that I have figured out: menu -- File --> (or where it was) Export --> wave ...
use 24bit 96khz and 1x amplification. 16bit is not enough, just use that 24bit with amplification amount like the channels are and after export just edit or amplify it later in external editor and you surprise that the amplification is like correct amplification on 16bit file (weird).
View user's journal Send private message
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour