MadTracker.org
Forum - "Error while cleaning VST plugins"?
 Forum
Bug report
 "Error while cleaning VST plugins"?
Reply to topic Post new topic  
PhantoBro
User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02 2008 21:17    
"Error while cleaning VST plugins"?

Hello, I've just recently started working with Mad Tracker. I'm working on a song, and when I try to upload a VST the program continues to make this load beep. It won't stop no matter what I do until I turn the program off. When I turn off the program, Mad Tracker gives me a message saying "Error while cleaning VST plugins!".

I've tried pressing stop and even removing the vst I've loaded, and the noise won't stop. Now, there may be a better way doing this, but the particular VST i've loaded (Nes Synth), I've loaded twice onto Madtracker, because I want to use it to make two different instruments. Maybe this has something to do with it. It doesn't give me this error with any other instrument I load.

Any help with this would be appreciated.
View user's journal Send private message
Martin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04 2008 11:52    

MT indexes all the VSTs on your harddrive, and perhaps this is the process that you "confuse" with loading because of the time it takes. Next time try to let it work for 10 minutes before you interrupt/stop the process. Once it has indexed all your VSTs I don`t think you will experience the same problem again.

Hope this helps you, otherwise I not sure what causes the problem except perhaps that there is something wrong with the one VST.

Good luck!

~ http://martin.madtracker.net ~
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour