Forum
Website
 Quick start guide - freedom to reformat would be useful
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Froesefan
User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05 2008 10:28    
Quick start guide - freedom to reformat would be useful

Hi - just joined the forum and am about to start exploring MadTracker. Have never used a tracker before but this one looks to be more intuitive than others I've looked at in the past. (Up to now I've mostly used traditional sequencers or more obscure music software such as Sawcutter2).

The Quick Start Guide looks excellent, but it would be really useful to be able to download it as a document so as to have the freedom to reformat it to ensure that sections aren't split across page breaks.
View user's journal Send private message
patm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06 2008 04:06    
Re: Quick start guide - freedom to reformat would be useful

Froesefan wrote:
Hi - just joined the forum and am about to start exploring MadTracker. Have never used a tracker before but this one looks to be more intuitive than others I've looked at in the past. (Up to now I've mostly used traditional sequencers or more obscure music software such as Sawcutter2).

The Quick Start Guide looks excellent, but it would be really useful to be able to download it as a document so as to have the freedom to reformat it to ensure that sections aren't split across page breaks.

While in the Quick Start Guide:
All you have to do is hit:
Ctrl A (Select All)
Ctrl C (Copy)

Open a Program like Microsoft Word.

Paste the document into Word

Print out, save, or modify to your satisfaction.
Froesefan
User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06 2008 08:13    

Thanks - but there are three problems with that approach:

(a) CTRL A copies everything, including the side panel, all the links, headers and other information
(b) Everything ends up inside a complex table
(c) Every separate page of the tutorial has to be copied separately and then stitched together in Word where the side panel has to be removed every time.

Problems caused by (a) and (b) can be edited out with care - but it has to be done for every part of the tutorial.

The solution I have used is that of simply loading and highlighting the main body of each part of the tutorial, page by page, without using CTRL A. This was then copied by using CTRL C and pasted into Word in sequence where it can be reformatted without the need to delete side panels or remove tables. This way there is still the need for some minor tweaking - but nothing like as much as using the CTRL A method.

All of which helps to explain my original thought about having the option to download the tutorial as a one-piece document.
patm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06 2008 13:56    

Sorry!
I should have said:
Open the Quick Start page
At the top right, click on Print this tutorial
When the new page opens, then do the Ctrl A and Ctrl C
Then paste into Word.
This will give you the entire tutorial without the side panels.
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour