Forum - Notation continued and amiga tracks recovered
 Forum
Suggestions
 Notation continued and amiga tracks recovered
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Deepsleeper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19 2009 11:44    
Notation continued and amiga tracks recovered

I read through the sugestion list, when I read a thread about Octamed for the amiga 500 ect. I used Octamed Version 3.00 and it did have a notaion editor as well. after you had worked on a track you could go to the note window and se your work in notes. I didn't have a printer for my A500 but I copied it to a note-sheet using a pencil, It worked well with piano pieces and such, but tracks with both beat, bass and melody it got all mixed up. Now that feature i would like to see again, I dont know if it would be possible to see the coding of the old Octamed for the amiga, but if, maybe that could help Yanich on this. Unless he have it made allready if it is going to be a feature on MT3, I among others surely hope so.

Oh those days.
Makes me want to go and buy an A500 so i can listen to them old tracks again. I still have the disks.
That is another thing that would be cool if there was a way to convert the old A500 Octamed tracks with the early iff samples onto PC Octamed or in MT2, but I don't know if there is a way or how to do it.
View user's journal Send private message
Deepsleeper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19 2009 13:12    

Okay I found a program that allows you to put an old amiga 3.5 inch disc into your floppy drive and copy it, but you can only copy it to another floppy drive so you have to have 2 floppy drives for your pc, and it doesn't seem to work with USB floppy's My old broken pc from way back when was going to the junkyard, a good thing it didn't now i can take out the floppy and attach it in my other pc.

The program is called Adfread 1.1 or ADFRead and here is the link.

http://www.winuae.net/
D Vibe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21 2009 20:22    

You _can_ open protracker mod files, with the iff files saved inside of the module, in MT2. You can't though open song files that only have the song data inside, and where the samples has to be loaded from disk every time you open it.. You first have to save them as modules then.

About the floppy issue, you could send the disks to me and I'll transfer them to the PC and then send the modules to you via e-mail or so. I still have an Amiga 1200 alive and kicking..

I live in sweden though, so maybe the postage cost will be huge?

https://www.dvibe.se
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Deepsleeper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22 2009 16:33    

Thanks for that D-vibe, at the moment I am looking for a mouse and a keyboard for my amiga 2000, which is the only thing missing since I have the computer itself, actually a mouse would be all that is needed to run Octamed and open a module and play it, I can route the phono-out into my soundcard and record it, and convert it to mp3.
Since it is such a long time without using the discs there are many discs I haven't sorted yet so some of them I cant remember if there are any tracks on, and some I am certain. Used a couple of hard spend hours on trying to make adf files from the 2 floppies, after about 50 tries and no luck I decided to try and find the items I need for my old A2000. So I will go on with the quest and I will defenetly keep your suggestion in mind.
D Vibe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22 2009 18:50    

Okay..

You don't actually need a mouse for system friendly proggys, such as Octamed. You can control the pointer with your keyboard. Use one of the Amiga buttons (the A's located to the left and the right of the space button) and control the pointer with the cursor keys. Use left Alt+Amiga to left click and right Alt+Amiga to right click.. Smile

/Daniel

https://www.dvibe.se
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Deepsleeper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24 2009 22:43    

Yeah see the case is that the keyboard was the first thing that broke, then later on the mouse, I have an old amiga 1000 mouse but it doesn't seem to fit into the hole because it is bend down. and only goes in to a certain point, maybe if I remove the front of the desktop (A2000). It is at my fathers house, so I'll have to wait till I go there. If it is possible. Anyway I installed Winua and found the octamed.ADF
on the net and some old sample-discs, if you are interested I can give you a link, and If you have some maybe you can send it to my email i would much appreachiate it.
SX001

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05 2011 10:57    
Re: Notation continued and amiga tracks recovered

Deepsleeper wrote:

Oh those days.
Makes me want to go and buy an A500 so i can listen to them old tracks again. I still have the disks.

well. one place -- e-bay. There you can find old stuff for sale in auctions, in a whole or as reserve details and even as new old stock. Smile just keep an eye on that and check just once a week or so and you will find it. I have found quite rare things for my own needs from e-bay which includes rare double stereo heads for cassette recorder, vintage cassette versions which are still in envelope, gravis ultrasound pnp interwave... and the list goes on. Wink
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour