Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Elijah

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11 2005 01:28    

BeatMax wrote:
Oh yes 512 line-envelopes Wink

or how about INFINITY ENVELOPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT WO
ULD RUUUUUULE

- Elijah
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
spline
User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11 2005 02:00    
Automatic creation of noteoffs

Elijah wrote:
sline, we already had a topic like that! Razz

but anyways. you can do the same thing using the sustain function in the envelope editor. its the same result you could get from using FL or Cubase or Reason or whatever.

BUT!!!!!

a piano roll would be schweet

Well Elah Wink I´m not talking about a pianoroll I´m talking about how to take some of the pianoroll functionallity into a pattern editor.
And you don't get the same result by changing sustain, the sustain would change all of the notes, while you would this could be used to only change the notes in a pattern in a quick way.

Anyway I have developed the idea a bit further, I also posted it in Renoise forum...

What if you when you press shift and enter a note it would also create a note off.
The length of the noteoff would be controlled by pressing up or down on the arrow keys while still holding down shift.

This way you could enter a chord by holding down shift (like in Renoise) and it would create noteoffs for all the notes, now If you keep shift pressed down you could would then move the noteoffs with the arrowkeys.

This should only happen while you are in record mode.

It would also allow to keep the old way of entering note without a note off if you dont keep shift pressed down, and would also still allow for several vertical notes to be entered by just holding the key pressed.

The other suggestion is a shortcut for adjusting the position of only noteoffs in a selection.

Imagine you selected a whole long track with lots of noteoffs and all you needed to do to make all noteoffs jump down or up one step would be to hold alt(or any other key) and press up down on a arrowkey.

But what if the note offs colide with another note? Well then they should be removed because then they are not needed...Ofcourse they should only be removed once the button is released, while the move noteoff mode is on their position should be remembered so that you can get them back by pressing up.

If someone does not like this behaviour of adding noteoffs automatically while holding shift there could ofcourse be a toggle button "do not add noteoffs" in the settings.

Ofcourse it would also be nice if one could add or remove from a selection like in a pianoroll.

This is something I would like to see in madtracker 2x and also any other tracker...
View user's journal Send private message
Powerdown

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11 2005 11:27    

What if a option like the 'add' and 'octave' is made? that it is possible to see how many lines there are before a note off is inserted? this would make the whole a lot easier i think.

Powerdown

Where the sun blows, Hardcore goes.
So spoke the wise man.
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
untiled22
User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18 2005 15:58    

rewire master!,
and then i just wanted mt3 to be released fast Very Happy
Blaster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24 2005 22:11    

Default pattern length... is there somewhere where I can set this? I know it's possible to change all patterns and save it as a startup module, but I might want to have different values for different projects.

And if it's not too much, could there be more templates (of course one can save a few mt2 files and load these each time)?

united trackers
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
briannrg
User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26 2005 11:48    
Suggestion for Wav Export

I have an suggestion/idea about the Wav Export feuture. Normally i export the file to .wav then i use an compressor and a maximizer in soundforge after that the track goed to an Studio for the mastering. This works pretty well.

I recently discovered an much better option what will give the track an ultimate professional sound. I still export the file to .wav with all the effects on, but now i only use it for an template for the studio.

The next thing i do is export each track seperate with all the effects OFF! I then send it to the studio for mastering where each track will be equelized,volume corrected and checked for additional panning. They will also apply each effect over each track, but now its done with real hardware effectors that will give an awesome sound. If possible some tracks will be Stereo Widened to give it that full sound.
At last they will apply an hardware compressor an voila your done!

When done properly the result is an freakin high quality track that can compete with all the major artist. And trust me, if you are releasing your work its worth the money!!!

To make an long story short Wink

If you want to export in seperate tracks you have to export each track manually so it will be nice if there would be an feature if that could be done automaticly so it will save a big amount of time...

Greetz,

Brian NRG
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Walter Vos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26 2005 12:26    
Re: Suggestion for Wav Export

briannrg wrote:

If you want to export in seperate tracks you have to export each track manually so it will be nice if there would be an feature if that could be done automaticly so it will save a big amount of time...

Indeed this would be a nice feature. I'd also like to have a looped export feature. I do a lot of hiphop, and i don't want to have to add patterns manually to acheive a songlength of 3 minutes (mostly i only have a loop of 20 seconds... mostly...). So I'd like to be able to set that madtracker 'plays' the song X number of times when exporting. I don't like looping manually in cool edit, doesn't always work that well.

@ Briannrg:

Actually I think your story is kind of elaborate, and I wouldn't do this. I would be afraid something would go wrong (and i would be afraid of the costs). This wouldn't be mastering btw, it would just be mixdown.

btw: when sending your music to a mastering studio don't anything like putting maximizers or compressors on you stereo track. Let them take care of that, they're much better at that.

what is hip?

www.waltervos.nl
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
TOffe
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26 2005 16:45    
Re: Suggestion for Wav Export

briannrg wrote:
I have an suggestion/idea about the Wav Export feuture. Normally i export the file to .wav ........................

lol, is this the third time I read this or am I getting insane?

http://www.sonitusmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/meltic

"You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note." -Doug Floyd
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26 2005 16:49    

If that's not putting pressure on me, I don't know what it is then... Laughing

Yannick
InHousePussy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26 2005 21:13    

Good going Brian!!!!
CHICAGO¤lollie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27 2005 00:41    

A suggestion for the analogue filter:
At the moment, the analog filter can only do low-pass, right? Well, what if there was an option for hi-pass? Or an adjustable analogue band-pass and band-stop?

Just some random thinking. Thought I might as well post it.

Walter Vos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27 2005 11:24    

I'm thinking.... get yourself a nice vst plugin to do that and let yannick work on more important things Wink

what is hip?

www.waltervos.nl
CHICAGO¤lollie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27 2005 13:29    

Eh, I'm just thinking of on-hand flexibility.

em22

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27 2005 15:27    
it may of been said before but....

has anyone requested a VSTi to sample thingymebobble?

You see, i like VSTs, but the way i write music is heavily dependant on samples and working those samples hard - vsti's just sound too fluffy and clean (even with their own fluffy fx added)

So i would like an option where we can click vst to sample, then it would give us options to how many base keys are invovled and so on and so forth. I understand i can export the tracks but this is something fiddly that takes away from the "moment" when tracking.

that would make me much happier Smile

oh, and how about and instant coffee button thats sends a text to your missus and she makes you a brew and brings it to you??

Smile

em22
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27 2005 16:25    

http://www.xlutop.com/html/chainer.html

But I see what you mean. That you're fiddling around with a VST instrument *inside* MadTracker, and that you can export the sound it makes (including the note off length) at different keys.

Maybe Yannick should contact the people from Xlutop? Very Happy

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 19 of 22 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next