Forum
Suggestions
 Suggestion box
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28 2005 10:57    

If you have the "save on quit" disabled, you'll have to click "save" in the config window to save the windows positions.

And the final will remember which windows were opened as well. Wink

Yannick
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28 2005 12:49    

cool!

The window configuration atm. seems to mess something up though.

I have the following settings:
in the window configuration box mixer, fx and automation checked as always visible, position the windows in the second monitor, save config.

Now if I restart Madtracker and click through all the buttons to get the corresponding windows opened, they'll open up over the pattern editor (as if the second monitor doesn't exist). In other words it doesn't save the window positions (and I have save on quit checked in config).

Now the following settings: Clear all checkboxes in the config (so that nothing should be visible by default), position windows in the second monitor, save config.

Now if I restart Madtracker and click through the buttons to open corresponding windows they'll be placed where I last had them (the second monitor). In other words it saves the window positions.

A bug maybe? Wink
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28 2005 12:58    

Maybe making them topmost reset their position in the main screen or something.

Edit: it is indeed a problem with the topmost thing. Same problem here. Will try to fix it. Smile

Yannick
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28 2005 15:13    

Problem fixed. Cool

Yannick
fiasko

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01 2005 11:21    

EQ: more bands, on/off, reset, width for low and high cut. (great idea to put the eq above the tracks btw)

presets manager for vst plugins.

Modular routing ala Psycle. It's much, much better than any mixer. I love it and so would you Smile
View user's journal Send private message
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23 2005 13:44    
possibility to link different automation variables.

I would like to be able to link several variables together in the Automation box. If I want to slowly raise volume on channel 1,2 and 3 I would draw the desired automation lines in channel 1 and link the two others. This would save a lot of effort.

~ http://martin.madtracker.net ~
Walter Vos

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23 2005 13:51    
Re: possibility to link different automation variables.

Martin wrote:
I would like to be able to link several variables together in the Automation box. If I want to slowly raise volume on channel 1,2 and 3 I would draw the desired automation lines in channel 1 and link the two others. This would save a lot of effort.

ctrl+c and ctrl+v?

what is hip?

www.waltervos.nl
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23 2005 14:59    

hehe - ok, if you want to do it the OLD FASHIONED way. Wink You are of course right - my way would maybe be a bit quicker - but not so much that it would justify spending Yannicks time on it. So I`ll retract my suggestion.

What about real time automation control?

MC Project

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20 2005 01:58    

Yannick...

Maybe I am just being a bore, but I'd like to see this.. (though it isn't something really important, but I think it is not hard to code either)

'To make a short story long Laughing '

When you are in MT (Duh) in a certain pattern, you won't see the other pattern, unless you press Shift + Right/ Left Key. What if this border would just dissapear? Like, if you are just scrolling with your Right or Left Key button, you can move to the next pattern, without pressing Shift + Right/ Left Arrow? So in other words, you can already see the next pattern before MT has arrived there. And if you do press Shift + Right/ Left Arrow, it will bring you to the same lines, but then a pattern further? I personally think it would be handy for example, if you want to add kicks over more patterns. You won't have to copy that much anymore, just adjusting your 'Add' steps, press and hold whatever key on your keyboard, so MT will just ram the kicks on the lines Laughing

It might not be important, but for me it would give a much more natural feel to it. It doesn't seem difficult to do I think. Also, you could seriously decrease the black pieces you encounter above and under the pattern...

I don't know if someone else has mentioned this, but I think it would be better for my eyes, if MT would have this, even if it is a pure cosmetic thing Razz

Really long story for such a simple thing Laughing Anywayz, tell me what you think, or what others think of this idea...

Smile Exclamation Question Idea

Sure......I am the MCP....Or just MC...Uhmmm...I make battle music...There....That is more then enough...
Rieter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20 2005 10:23    

MC Project wrote:
Yannick...

Maybe I am just being a bore, but I'd like to see this.. (though it isn't something really important, but I think it is not hard to code either)

'To make a short story long Laughing '

When you are in MT (Duh) in a certain pattern, you won't see the other pattern, unless you press Shift + Right/ Left Key. What if this border would just dissapear? Like, if you are just scrolling with your Right or Left Key button, you can move to the next pattern, without pressing Shift + Right/ Left Arrow? So in other words, you can already see the next pattern before MT has arrived there. And if you do press Shift + Right/ Left Arrow, it will bring you to the same lines, but then a pattern further? I personally think it would be handy for example, if you want to add kicks over more patterns. You won't have to copy that much anymore, just adjusting your 'Add' steps, press and hold whatever key on your keyboard, so MT will just ram the kicks on the lines Laughing

It might not be important, but for me it would give a much more natural feel to it. It doesn't seem difficult to do I think. Also, you could seriously decrease the black pieces you encounter above and under the pattern...

I don't know if someone else has mentioned this, but I think it would be better for my eyes, if MT would have this, even if it is a pure cosmetic thing Razz

Really long story for such a simple thing Laughing Anywayz, tell me what you think, or what others think of this idea...

Smile Exclamation Question Idea

Hmm ... Sounds not bad.It's something like the Pattern Manager of Renoise.But sounds like a good idea MC Project Razz
View user's journal Send private message MSN Messenger
Martin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08 2006 01:04    
toggle solo/all from VST window

A solo/unsolo button in each VST window could come in handy from time to time. It would be easier to find the right sound when you can hear it both with the other instruments, and alone - without leaving the VST plugin window. As it is now you will have to leave the VST window in order to toggle solo/all.

goose

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08 2006 22:44    

A keyboard shortcut that lets you jump to a line number that you set. Then play it. This would be great for repetitive previews of a bar in the middle of a long pattern, when you're trying to get a tricky bit right. (Shift+Ctrl is good, but you need to keep refinding the start point.)

Last edited by goose on Mon Jan 09 2006 23:40; edited 1 time in total
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
pOWL

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08 2006 23:28    

I need UNDO... Wink

http://powl.madtracker.net
solagon
User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03 2006 15:49    

Hallo all there!

I am new to MadTracker. Ages ago I use trackers on Amiga. Nice to see this sort of stuff on PC. And MadTracker is great!

I write in this thread because I miss some things (or may I can't find them?)

- Change the volume data in a pattern. I recorded some notes with my midi keyboard and they are not loud enough. I wish to do a "xx% louder" command or something in this matter to correct the volume data.

- I can't find any "metronome". I'd appreciate to have one.

- Start playing (with recording) by hitting the first note. It would be nice to go to a certain position in a pattern where you want to start recording. Then hitting the first note will start pattern play (or at first a count in 1,2,3,4) and you can continue playing the notes. It's a sort of "punch in".
View user's journal Send private message
QBical

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03 2006 16:17    

solagon wrote:
Hallo all there!

I am new to MadTracker. Ages ago I use trackers on Amiga. Nice to see this sort of stuff on PC. And MadTracker is great!

I write in this thread because I miss some things (or may I can't find them?)

Welcome!

solagon wrote:

- Change the volume data in a pattern. I recorded some notes with my midi keyboard and they are not loud enough. I wish to do a "xx% louder" command or something in this matter to correct the volume data.

You can change the volume of the instrument in the instrument window, just click on the instrument to get there, or you can use the mixer to just turn the volume of the channel up, or you can lower the volume of all the other stuff that's playing, or you could change the data in the volyme column. And in an extreme case you can double the track by copy/pasting the track to another track.

solagon wrote:

- I can't find any "metronome". I'd appreciate to have one.

The reason it's missing is because madtracker isn't exactly build for midi recording. But you can create a tick sample and enter notes in the way the metro should tick.

solagon wrote:

- Start playing (with recording) by hitting the first note. It would be nice to go to a certain position in a pattern where you want to start recording. Then hitting the first note will start pattern play (or at first a count in 1,2,3,4) and you can continue playing the notes. It's a sort of "punch in".

The reason it's missing is the same as above.
But, Madtracker 3 should revolutionize the way we work with patterns in a way much like 'traditional' sequencers like cubase or logic so this function might be nice to have indeed in the next version.

But all in all, If you realy want to do loads of stuff via live recording your notes, I suggest you look at some of the 'traditional' midi-sequencers, those programs offer much more features like you specified, and you can run madtracker in rewire mode with it so you can still be old-school Very Happy

PC: P4 HT 3ghz, 1gb ram, 500GB+ Storage, plextor DVD-rw, M-audo Audiophile 2496
Laptop: Apple Powerbook G4 15inch
Other Stuff: Phonic MU802 mixer, Alesis M1 Active Mk2 Monitors, Ipod 2nd gen. 20GB, maxtor firewire HD 80GB
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 21 of 22 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next