MadTracker.org
Forum - Major delay/stereo delay bug in MT 2.32 ??
 Forum
Bug report
 Major delay/stereo delay bug in MT 2.32 ??
Reply to topic Post new topic  
golem

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28 2003 13:34    
Major delay/stereo delay bug in MT 2.32 ??

Hi. I think that there is a major bug in MT 2.32. Modules that I have made with MT 2.2 sound different and I traced the problem to the delay effect.

When I set a delay of about 11 or more lines, the delay isn't right. For example with delay of 32 lines the actual delay is abt. 10 lines or something (but it isn't exactly an even integer because the delay doesn't sound synchronized).

I have a habit of using stereo delay of 12 lines, 8 ticks and 145 bpm.

My system is AMD Athlon 1400Mhz, 1 GB memory, 2x40GB IDE raid, 120GB USB harddrive, Creamware Pulsar soundcard, SB Audigy Soundcard.

I tried repeated the test several times and I got the same bug both with Pulsar and Audigy as sound destination.

I tried this also with a completely new module with only one track and one delay effect but the problem still exists.

If somebody knows solution to this problem, could you please email me? My address is golem@cc.hut.fi

Yannick, or some other developer, if you wan't more details so email me to the same address.

If you email me so put a clear subject header because I get so much spam that I throw very easily obscure messages to the thrash can Smile

Ahh I almost forgot, the delay seems to be working with small line amount, for example 4 lines.
View user's journal Send private message
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30 2003 12:10    

To my knowledge, I haven't made any modification in the delay of MT since a long time. Smile

The delay is limited to 1 second - and it's been like that since the first version of MT2. So if you set a too long delay, it'll be trimmed to 1 sec. without notice.

You can send me a sample MT2 file that illustrates the difference to my e-mail. I'll make some experiments myself.

Yannick
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
golem

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05 2004 23:18    

It seems there was some temporary problem with my computer...

Well it had been on for perhaps 2 months in a row Smile so I think it was a reboot or something that corrected the problem...

I'm not sure if it was reboot but the new MT just started working mysteriously so that's most important :I

I'm sorry for complaining so easily... It just seemed that there was some problem in the program because I installed it many times and the same problem occurred.

I have always ignored the windows message "please reboot your computer" Smile (if I would reboot machine every time windows asks for it, I should reboot the machine between 30-200 times when installing windows/programs from scratch Very Happy
View user's journal Send private message
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05 2004 23:24    

Ah, well, go to know it's solved now. Smile

Yannick
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour