Forum
MadTracker 3
 Release the source!
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Martin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20 2011 14:45    
Release the source!

Hi all,

Should we ask of Yannick to publicly release the source files? Its been several years since a project was started at Sourceforge, but nothing has happened. I cant see any harm in publicly releasing the source? I think it would create a better chance of someone picking up the project.

The forum refuses to die after all these years, which is pretty amazing, and maybe there is a young wiz out there who could contribute? Unless the source is easily available we will never know.

MT is of course the property of Yannick and I dont see why he shouldn`t continue to get revenue from the Waw export, allthough the source files to the program is released.

What do you think?

~ http://martin.madtracker.net ~
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
D Vibe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20 2011 17:00    

I like the idea, but I understand why Yan is not willing to do such thing. There might be code and inventions that he like to save for future work, which might not have anything to do with MT3...

Although I, as everyone else here I guess, would really like MT3 to be released one day.

https://www.dvibe.se
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
jonno
User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20 2011 18:59    

Really, all I want to know is whether or not MT3 will be released at all! The last I've seen of Yannick on the forums and his FaceBook page have been years ago :\
Anyone know what he's up to?
View user's journal Send private message
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21 2011 18:02    

I don`t understand why you guys are still waiting for MT3. As far as I understood most of the features that was originally planned for MT3 was implemented in the last version. So I have always thought that Yannick pretty much wrapped it up with the last version of the program.

The reason why I started this discussion now about the source is because Yannick has mentioned that he wouldn`t mind making it an open-source project if he could find the right programmers to continue his work.

~ http://martin.madtracker.net ~
D Vibe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21 2011 18:45    

Martin wrote:
I don`t understand why you guys are still waiting for MT3. As far as I understood most of the features that was originally planned for MT3 was implemented in the last version. So I have always thought that Yannick pretty much wrapped it up with the last version of the program.

The reason why I started this discussion now about the source is because Yannick has mentioned that he wouldn`t mind making it an open-source project if he could find the right programmers to continue his work.

I wouldn't say I'm waiting for it; I've got it covered anyway. But it would be nice bonus if it was released Smile

I don't think you can compare MT2 with MT3, since, if I remember it correctly, MT3 will be much more dynamic than MT2... Feature wise it might be equal though...

https://www.dvibe.se
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Golden_Vampire
User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22 2011 13:21    
madtracker 3

if the forum is alive again, maybe madtracker 3 is back in business? Shocked

its always been my dream to write a demo song to be included in a madtracker release. Shocked

think of the forum cred, and the immortality of that song
Shocked
SoulEye
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26 2011 20:11    
Re: madtracker 3

Golden_Vampire wrote:
its always been my dream to write a demo song to be included in a madtracker release. Shocked

think of the forum cred, and the immortality of that song
Shocked

Thinking... thinking... Oh yes, this feels good! Thinking... thinking... thinking... thinking... thinking... thinking... thinking... YUM YUM YUM! Very Happy

http://www.souleye.se
Deepsleeper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14 2011 16:36    
So long, since I last checked the forum

Hi guys, it is nice to be here again and see that all Madtracker fans are still holding on to the dream of a third version, lately I haven't really been tracking, instead I jammed alot with my gear and made some hands on music. I bought an ipad, that rocks. I would say that if there could be a madtracker version for the ipad/iphone, before a renoise version hits the iphone market that would be great, and MT3 should be out of the box thinking, combining better recording abillities, fusioning with a DAW would make the perfect tool. mix live recording with tracking, make your beats and basslines on the tracker, and record your melody and singing or whatever you want to record on seperate tracks with easy editing and VSTi and VST effects specially made for MT3.
Well then I would gladly buy it all over again and even pay more.
AmEv

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19 2011 06:26    

And, since I am a uber computer modder who enjoys music thoroughly with a desire to make it and has some programming skills who is learning C++, this should be good.
Deepsleeper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06 2011 20:34    

Quote:
AmEv said : And, since I am a uber computer modder who enjoys music thoroughly with a desire to make it and has some programming skills who is learning C++, this should be good.

Where is the Ilike button on this page Very Happy
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour