Forum - Wave Export ...
 Forum
Suggestions
 Wave Export ...
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
mikx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01 2004 11:18    

well then i guess master programmer would have to implement some kind of thinking mechanism, which identifies the tracks that are linked, and then exports them into the one file rather than separate ones..

Cool
mikx
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
CHICAGO子ollie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01 2004 11:31    

Just a side thought... What if there was some sort of a "instrument-by-instrument" wave export?
So instead of exporting Track 01, and Track 02, and all of them, you'd have Instrument 01, and Instrument 02.

Useful if you have 32+ tracks, and only 10 or 15 instruments Wink
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01 2004 11:50    

you know, I had the exact same thought just a couple of minutes ago while exporting channels from a track. Tried it out (exporting an instrument, not a channel), but immediately ran into one problem. What if I use the same instrument to play different melodies, and thus would want to have the various melodies into separate wavs to be able to treat them differently in post-processing? Gets a lot trickier immediately, especially from a programming p.o.v. Smile
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
CHICAGO子ollie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01 2004 11:59    

Hmm...
Well, how about this:
An instrument-by-instrument wave export, where you can select the tracks you want exported for that particular instrument.

Say you've got a Abssine instrument on tracks 04-08 (linked to mpReverb) and track 09 (mpReverb, but different settings)
Now, exporting the instrument wave straight up, you'll end up with the Abssine from tracks 04-09... Pain in the butt if 09's separate.

So, you go to some sort of a track selection dialogue screen, and, first off, select tracks 04-08. Hit ok, export, done. You've got your first set from Abssine, free of track 09.
Second off, just getting track 09, easy.
Track Selection >> Track 09 >> Ok >> Export >> Done.

Could be quite useful that way Wink
QBical

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01 2004 16:14    

ok, but what if my melody contains 4 different instruments, all in one track...

No, usualy I disable all the track FX's when I'm exporting tracks to be mastered, I use some effects that come with logic audio instead. But I guess that when using batch exporting you can asign tasks to it.
For example, instruct it to export the kick on track 1, then instruct it to export a hi-hat/percusion track that has a filter on it and routes to a verb on track 10, then instruct another thing.
Then in the end you have all these tasks lined up in the batch exporter, press export and presto!

Anyway, that seems to be the most flexible solution.

grtz
ray

PC: P4 HT 3ghz, 1gb ram, 500GB+ Storage, plextor DVD-rw, M-audo Audiophile 2496
Laptop: Apple Powerbook G4 15inch
Other Stuff: Phonic MU802 mixer, Alesis M1 Active Mk2 Monitors, Ipod 2nd gen. 20GB, maxtor firewire HD 80GB
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01 2004 17:48    

but, that starts to sound like hell to program... Neutral
AVALON
User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02 2004 21:21    

Quote:
ok, but what if my melody contains 4 different instruments, all in one track...

No, usualy I disable all the track FX's when I'm exporting tracks to be mastered, I use some effects that come with logic audio instead. But I guess that when using batch exporting you can asign tasks to it.
For example, instruct it to export the kick on track 1, then instruct it to export a hi-hat/percusion track that has a filter on it and routes to a verb on track 10, then instruct another thing.
Then in the end you have all these tasks lined up in the batch exporter, press export and presto!

Well if let's say Track 00 has a hihat that's linked to Track 10,you should'nt have to assign anything!
The Wave-Export should export 00 + 10 all by itself !! Cool

What are your thougts on this Yannick ??

Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question

End Of File :
View user's journal Send private message MSN Messenger
Solid Reptile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02 2004 20:58    

I don't hope that Yannick is shocked by your suggestions of seperated trax and instruments Shocked Razz

www.radixrecords.tk

www.solid-reptile.tk
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MC Project

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13 2004 12:59    
Hmmmmm....

I absolutely have no idea what you guys are talking about. You can select the tracks you want to export in the Wave Export Window right? Exporting instrument by instrument? But MadTracker is called a tracker, because you work with tracks, so I don't agree with this instrument by instrument suggestion. It wuold be handy though, if you could export all the tracks in a module seperately in one time. Like that I'd be able to adjust some things, but then again, this could be done in MT with VST. Ah...Never mind it. I don't even get your ideas :S

Sure......I am the MCP....Or just MC...Uhmmm...I make battle music...There....That is more then enough...
CHICAGO子ollie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13 2004 14:05    

Yes, try to think before posting. Razz
You can export the TRACKS you want, but having the ability to export the INSTRUMENTS you want would be a handy thing.

Just because it's called a TRACKER, doesn't mean it should be limited to only exporting TRACKS.

I still think the instrument-by-instrument option of exporting would be handy. Doesn't just have to be one instrument at a time. You'd be able to choose that four-instrument melody, and you could specify which tracks to ignore with export (right-click the instrument, "Mute Tracks..."), if the same instrument just so happens to be used outside that melody.

Sure, it'd be a pain in the ass to code, but think.. a five track melody can be annoying to pick out. If you're gonna do a mixdown, it'd be nice to get the instrumets by themselves easily, instead of ticking every track you need for the melody, drums, or whatever. Having instrument-by-instrument export capabilities could save some time and annoyance.

If you like picking out your tracks one by one, fine, but I still think an IBI feature's something that should be considered. Wink

And MC, get your freakin` smileys right. On phpBB, it's a QUESTION MARK for the Confused smiley, not an S Razz
Wink

Last edited by CHICAGO子ollie on Sat Aug 14 2004 06:54; edited 1 time in total
InHousePussy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13 2004 15:12    

CHICAGO子ollie wrote:
Yes, try to think before posting. Razz
You can export the TRACKS you want, but having the ability to export the INSTRUMENTS you want would be a handy thing.

Just because it's called a TRACKER, doesn't mean it should be limited to only exporting TRACKS.

I still think the instrument-by-instrument option of exporting would be handy. Doesn't just have to be one instrument at a time. You'd be able to choose that four-instrument melody, and you could specify which tracks to ignore with export (right-click the instrument, "Mute Tracks..."), if the same instrument just so happens to be used outside that melody.

Sure, it'd be a pain in the ass to code, but think.. a five track melody can be annoying to pick out. If you're mastering, it'd be nice to get the instrumets by themselves easily, instead of ticking every track you need for the melody, drums, or whatever. Having instrument-by-instrument export capabilities could save some time and annoyance.

If you like picking out your tracks one by one, fine, but I still think an IBI feature's something that should be considered. Wink

And MC, get your freakin` smileys right. On phpBB, it's a QUESTION MARK for the Confused smiley, not an S Razz

Couldn't agree more..!! Smile

off topic http://193.151.73.87/games/lemmings/index.html
View user's journal Send private message
LogicDeLuxe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13 2004 18:23    

You did try this, right?
I tested this in v2.3.2 and I can export any set of instruments and tracks combination I want (just don't disable a required effect track, when routing).

However, I agree on that part, that an option for exporting to several files at once would be quite handy.
CHICAGO子ollie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13 2004 23:01    

LogicDeLuxe wrote:
You did try this, right?
I tested this in v2.3.2 and I can export any set of instruments and tracks combination I want (just don't disable a required effect track, when routing).

Ah, see, that's where the instrument-by-instrument export would come in very handy, as you wouldn't have to pick out route tracks.

Heck, I know it'd be handy.. I try to limit my tracks, so I'll often have these sort of track sets (Especially now VST is around), where I'll have (as an example) Tracks 0 - 3 with Reverb, Tracks 4 - 8 with Reverb and Compressor, Tracks 9 - 11 with Lo-FI (audio destruction, mwahaha), etc.

That's why I'm fully supporting this instrument-by-instrument export. It could overcome some export complications. Smile

LogicDeLuxe wrote:
However, I agree on that part, that an option for exporting to several files at once would be quite handy.

Ah, multi-track export. That would be useful. Wink

Walter Vos

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13 2004 23:40    

CHICAGO子ollie wrote:

(...) If you're mastering, it'd be nice to get the instrumets by themselves easily, instead of ticking every track you need for the melody, drums, or whatever. (...)

Mastering and mixdown are different things Lollie, Mastering is two channels (left and right (or 6 if mastering for 5.1 I guess)), and mixdown is probably what you're talking about, with all channels separately.

Yes I **** ants (they should introduce this word in English, it means that you're real precise about things).

Edit: funny, the forum is censored Shocked

what is hip?

www.waltervos.nl
MC Project

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14 2004 04:33    
I see...

Well, Chicago Lollie, I didn't mean any offense and I also know that there shouldn't be a limit to tracking, but I think that professional trackers should know how to organize their tracks. Sure it would be handy to export by instruments, but on the other hand you can seperate a melody in several parts. That is the way I make melodies though. I'm used to the annoyance of using many tracks for a melody and I think it is a good thing, so you can learn to manage your stuff. Just my opinion. It is not a must have to me.

I don't freaking care about the smileys. You still understand it right? So there is no problem, lol Smile

Sure......I am the MCP....Or just MC...Uhmmm...I make battle music...There....That is more then enough...
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 2 of 3 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next