MadTracker.org
Forum - MT3 to unoficially come out soon for Linux...
 Forum
MadTracker 3
 MT3 to unoficially come out soon for Linux...
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AmEv

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18 2012 00:10    

Several pieces of good news:

My fork of the code is almost complilable, on Windows AND Linux!

I have a buddy working with me who knows some C++, after going to world in the FTC.

For those of you wondering why the GUI editor wasn't working, it was looking for "mtguiedit.enu" and "mtguiedit.en". Dependency checker.

We are looking for developers for MadTracker 3!
View user's journal Send private message
SX001

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29 2012 08:58    

AmEv wrote:
Several pieces of good news:

My fork of the code is almost complilable, on Windows AND Linux!

Which versions of windows?
Will it be _atleast_ as much backward compatible as MT 2.6.1 (that runs on WIN98SE, WIN2K, XP too?). Support dropping for old systems is very bad idea.
Under linux I have nothing to do with it Since my MOTU Midi Express XT does not work there (no drivermodules at all for this).

I would be satisfied if it works on WIN98SE version too and as always, with multiple MIDI port support.

Quote:

For those of you wondering why the GUI editor wasn't working, it was looking for "mtguiedit.enu" and "mtguiedit.en". Dependency checker.

who are in development team?
AmEv

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29 2012 18:37    

SX001 wrote:
Will it be _atleast_ as much backward compatible as MT 2.6.1 (that runs on WIN98SE, WIN2K, XP too?). Support dropping for old systems is very bad idea.
Under linux I have nothing to do with it Since my MOTU Midi Express XT does not work there (no drivermodules at all for this).

I would be satisfied if it works on WIN98SE version too and as always, with multiple MIDI port support.

It should be compatible with Win98SE. Definite 7 support, and everything NT-based.
SX001 wrote:

I only know of Yannick and I, currently. Hence, my current sig.
Even then, Yan says he really can't be part of it much. So it's up to the community.
My buddy isn't an "official" part of the dev team.

SX001

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29 2012 23:02    

AmEv wrote:
SX001 wrote:

It should be compatible with Win98SE. Definite 7 support, and everything NT-based.

Very nice.

Quote:

SX001 wrote:

I only know of Yannick and I, currently. Hence, my current sig.
Even then, Yan says he really can't be part of it much. So it's up to the community.
My buddy isn't an "official" part of the dev team.

[/quote]

I guess so. Sad Unfortunate times. I have made patient and huge effort to ask Yannick to get a special ReWire.mtx with 16 or 24 rewire channels only and I did not got answer even for this. Sad Sad

I can support with following ways:
* optimizing in assembly language certain routines when needed.
* as I have several different hardware and OS versions then I can do also testing. THough "s-ice" alike debugger I dont have for all platforms.
* in C, (Visual Studio) I can write too some way, but my skills are "C minus" level. I bet that You perhaps write the same complex things 10 times faster than me.

Well, still, about music? Some special wish in about music what I can make in tracker? Some hardware hacks with particular DAC modules?
AmEv

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30 2012 19:52    

SX001 wrote:
I bet that You perhaps write the same complex things 10 times faster than me.

...That might be a bit of a stretch. Sure, I'm converting my HTML/JS-based factor finder into C++ for practice, but I'm not an extremely good programmer.

Still, I'm doing my best to learn C++, figure out what's happening.

Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 5 of 5 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5