Forum - high hopes
 Forum
Suggestions
 high hopes
This topic is locked. Post new topic  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Blaster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20 2004 23:55    

Just ignore.. I find it very funny that he managed to find this site even though he doesn't use trackers and thinks they're outdated but took the trouble to register to the forum and write this post Eh?

Why are you or should I say were you waiting for MT3 anyway? You're not even going to use it d'oh!

united trackers
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
theo
User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21 2004 05:30    
theo

hehehe... miserable believers. just keep waiting....
by the way, VST in tracker looks veeeery funny. Razz that's already not tracking, people. open your fucking eyes!
View user's journal Send private message
CHICAGO¤lollie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21 2004 05:47    
Re: theo

*can't help but notice that Theo forgot to remove the end-quote code* Rolling Eyes

Certainly, there's been that argument before, that once a tracker implements VST support, it's supposedly no longer a tracker.

It's an old topic.
A very old topic.

Know what I think THIS whole argument will end up being?
*brings out a raven* Nevermore. Razz
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Jesse Moore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21 2004 07:03    

I notice that Theo seems not to want to answer our questions... He's just here to share his (albeit negative) opiions. He obviously has a one TRACK mind and is not on the same level we are.
I believe that Madtracker--if only at its very core---will always be a tracker. But I think that will be enough to make it a tracker. And, as it says in the FAQ If I may quote:
Quote:
Will Madtracker go the way of fasttracker or Screamtracker?
No.

That's enough of an answer for me.

"The world would be a dull place if there were no Idealists"
mikx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21 2004 07:49    

isn't a tracker just software in which you can program music in lines and tracks? mt3 will do that, right? so it will be a tracker..

theo, if you're against trackers (and you seem to be!), and if you think mt3 is a waste of time, then what the fcuk are you still doing here? leave!

Cool
mikx
theo
User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21 2004 07:51    

okay. (to all) Discussing my personality instead of discussing topic is too boring... i have more than one opinion about things. main target was to figure out the reaction... that was curiously enough to look at what kind of shit will you try to dump at me. the results are mostly dull...and i ed in opinion that tracking is dying and is for BEGINNERS. that's not really interesting to me now what will be with it in the future. tracking was important thing for me in the past, but not now....EOF
InHousePussy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21 2004 08:30    

This is getting a bit silly.

The choice of prog. you want to use is your's,
but stating that trackers,in this matter madtracker, is going to fade away is out of your league,Theo.
The matter of life or death for a prog. is entirely up to the people using it.
After reading all the comments here i'm personally sure that Madtracker has a long future. The thing is that it is being developed, and the people here imho are devoted to making good quality music.

Now, if u use "wave export" u can use MT as a tool i combination with other progs., or finish your work in MT. Either way it's all up to the skill of the musician.

I.H.P.
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21 2004 09:34    

Alright.
Theo, you've been a successful troll. Congrats. Posting bullshit (because you dumped the shit, not us) about things you don't know about is not welcome here.
If you don't give a shit about tracking, what the hell are you doing here?? (Ok... trolling... I know)

Get a life please and leave us with our big hopes.

Yannick
Blaster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21 2004 09:46    

CHICAGO¤lollie wrote:
Certainly, there's been that argument before, that once a tracker implements VST support, it's supposedly no longer a tracker.

This I don't understand. A vst or vsti is just another effect or instrument like a mt2 effect or a sample.

Also I don't see why trackers are for beginners Eh?. The sound quality of modern trackers equals that of sequencers like cubase and sonar. More important is that they almost have the same features: biggest difference is just the different way of working.

You say you tracked before, but not now. What did you use? Why did you quit using them? Did you explore different trackers if you found mt2 didn't work out anymore? Do you have examples of your tracked work vs. your midi stuff?
Why is midi different from tracking? Why are trackers for beginners?

These are all questions that arise. You state your opinions but those are not explained with arguments, so I can't really take you serious. We're not afraid of discussions about the future of trackers (mt2 and mt3) if they're meaningful and properly founded. Now you're just one of those forum trolls which spam the boards with unfounded posts and complain why mt3 hasn't been released.

[edit]
P.S. thanks Yannick Wink

united trackers

Last edited by Blaster on Wed Jan 21 2004 09:47; edited 1 time in total
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21 2004 09:46    

I was going to lock this thread... But there are people who actually have real points, so I let them express themselves. Wink

Yannick
Sonitus
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21 2004 11:50    

Theo, you say that it's impossible to make "real" music in Madtracker? (let's skip the whole real/fake thingy) Then what about those of us who have managed to get record-deals with it? I mean, just look at Szartd&TranceJax. They get new deals all the time these days. Even I got signed some time ago. Do you think the record companies sell music they don't like? They wouldn't put their name on anything they didn't like. I think that's proof enough that Madtracker is a worthy of use by others than beginners.

If Madtracker is only for beginners, then I'm proud to be one! I guess that means that there's still stuff to learn Smile I guess we could speak in terms like: "talented beginners and less talented beginners" right?

www.sonitusmusic.com
www.myspace.com/sonitusswe
www.vibraonline.com

Last edited by Sonitus on Wed Jan 21 2004 19:26; edited 1 time in total
CHICAGO¤lollie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21 2004 11:58    

MyztiQue wrote:
If Madtracker is only for beginners, then I'm proud to be one! I guess that means that there's still stuff to learn Smile

Well, when you come down to it, what else can a tracker be? (tracker being the user in this case, not the program)
No-one's an expert. Even the best will learn new techniques.

Theo, with what you've said, it's almost like you're scared of the tracking scene.
Like, us trackers are a new type of human breed or something.

I had no idea there was such thing as trackaphobia Rolling Eyes
Enonimis
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21 2004 19:09    

Well as far as I can tell, everyone has made beautiful arguements here. Just don't get so damn worked up about it. I recall a time that I myself was negative about the prospect of MT3 and tracking in general. Oh wait, that's still true... but you don't hear me whining about it all the live long day.

cheers,
~Enon

If you do not agree with my opinions, you are wrong. If you do agree with my opinions you are drunk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://elrick-enonimis.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blaster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21 2004 22:31    

Enonimis wrote:
but you don't hear me whining about it all the live long day.

cheers,
~Enon

We don't know that.. maybe you talk all day to yourself about it or complain to the people around you.

Maybe we should videotape you for a day to see it for real. Probably would make some interesting footage.

At least you don't spam the forum with it Wink

united trackers
Elijah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21 2004 23:19    

as good as the points are here. i really dont even know why we're paying attention to this theo dude. if he's going to cuss out the way people make their music, than how can he even call himself a musician???

music is music is art is music

- Elijah
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This topic is locked. Post new topic  
Page 2 of 3 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next