Announcements
 MadTracker 2.5 RC3
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30 2004 15:31    
MadTracker 2.5 RC3

The 3rd Release Candidate is out with quite a few improvements in the VST and IRC parts.
Most bugs should be out now... If you find one, please report it here.

Registered users should use the new MT2.dat file as well.

Enjoy!

Download
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
xiphiuz
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30 2004 18:50    
does this kick ass?

yes it <peepin> does! ;D
View user's journal Send private message
KSO

PostPosted: Sat May 01 2004 02:28    

What's new? Surprised

http://kso.madtracker.net/ :: My web into MadTracker Host

http://joseacaso.es/
vfgdfg

PostPosted: Sat May 01 2004 09:40    
Re: MadTracker 2.5 RC3

Yannick wrote:
The 3rd Release Candidate is out with quite a few improvements in the VST and IRC parts.
Most bugs should be out now...

KSO: Isn't it all said there?

Miao
User

PostPosted: Sat May 01 2004 10:10    
Bug Report :)

There's a free VST Plugin from Rgc:Audio, called "sfz", a Soundfont Player. If you try to load a patch in this plugin, Madtracker displays an Error Message.
I think Soundfonts are important Smile
BeatMax

PostPosted: Sun May 02 2004 19:58    

Good work Yannick!

My beloved plugins are now running pretty well. No more Problems with Synt1. Keep up the great support Yannick!

Just tried out SFZ. Man this plugin really rulez, now I can use the old soundfonts I did in Madtracker! And the cpu usage is quite low. Thanks so much for VST support Yannick!

Best wishes and much thanks,

BeatMax

-----------------------------------------------
B E A T M A X
Madtracker-Tutorial - Personal Releases
http://beatmax.madtracker.net
https://soundcloud.com/beatmax_prediction
-----------------------------------------------
TNK / ATK project

Location: Village-Neuf, France (Dont's search on the map, it's tiny...)
PostPosted: Mon May 03 2004 18:27    
Excellent...but I have some more ideas here

*** WARNING : Very long post incoming ***

Hiiipiii !

VST instruments finally works ! Even FM7 works ! And that Soundfont VST is really super cool ! Excellent news !

Without any doubt, it's the biggest improvement MT2 ever had !

However, this new improvement makes an end to a long tradition in tracked music : Now plugins will be needed to play back .mt2 files. That's why I think .mt2 files using VSTs should be given another extention (why not .mtv ... this would sounc cool!), so that the situation would be clear.

- A .mt2 file : I just have to download the track, and can play it back in my favorite tracker

- A .mtv file : I need plugins to play that track.

In the same idea line, I would say it would be cool if .MTIs could also save the VST parameters, so that when I program a sound with a VST plugin, I'ld like to save the whole instrument as .MTI for further use in other modules.

Another thing is that, besides making madtracker files less compatible between themselves, VST playback seems to be quite machine time consuming...therefore, I think it would be cool to have a feature that enables you to transform a VST instrument into a regular (multi sample) madtracker instrument. This VST to MTI function should have the following features :

- Sample rate (11, 22, 44 khz), 8/16 bit and mono/stereo choice.

- Sample range (where you can define the range the multi sample must cover...from C-3 to G-5 for exemple)

- Make a sample every...halftone (from 1 to 36). Exemple : If this parameter would be set to 1, EVERY note in the range would have it's sample, if it would be set to 2, one note out of 2 would be...If it would be set to 12 (remember : 12 halftones = 1 octave), you would get one sample evert octave. So if you would set this parameter to 12 and the sample range from C-3 to C-6, this VST 2 MTI function would generate an instrument containing the C-3, C-4, C-5 and finally C-6 samples of this VST instrument.

- Optional sample normalizing (this should also be included in the wave export function).

- Sample length : Sample X seconds / sample (you need longer times with pads than short synths).

This feature would help people :

- To produce 100% compatible MT2s

- To produce high quality MTIs for those who do not own certain plugins.

- It could be a function that could be partially (sample rate, range, ... limiting) or totally reserved to registered users (this would for sure generate more registrations...and more $$$ for you, Yannick !) (Of course, registered people should get full options on this feature).

Of course, even those super high quality samples will never replace all the functions a real VST instrument has...(Modweel evolution,...) but as we do not always use them all, it could be a nice feature for both compatibility and CPU usage.

I am not a coder, but I think that dumping sounds the way I see it, and automatically creating the MTI should be quite easy to code, considering the functions MT2 already has.

I hope this improvement will be put in the final release of MT2.5, we all have everything to win by having this function.

Best regards, and thanks for reading that far !

/TNK
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Mon May 03 2004 19:10    

The thing you ask is quite simple: it already exists, but it's an external application. It would be pretty much useless to integrate this into MadTracker.

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
TNK / ATK project

Location: Village-Neuf, France (Dont's search on the map, it's tiny...)
PostPosted: Mon May 03 2004 22:39    

Inge wrote:
The thing you ask is quite simple: it already exists

Indeed !
But even if it's very close to what I talked about, it is not integrated in MT2 and cannot directly convert IN MT2 a VST into a MTI. Of course, if programming such a feature would be too hard & long, Chainer will be OK, BUT as :

- VST replay is implemented
- Wave dump features are implemented (in pro registred versions only, I admit)

I thought that, being a kinda combination of both, integrating such a feature could be quite easy & fast. But I may be wrong on that point...

/TNK
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Solid Reptile

PostPosted: Tue May 04 2004 12:37    

Inge what do you think of that?

www.radixrecords.tk

www.solid-reptile.tk
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Tue May 04 2004 16:02    

Support for both vst and a wave export does not automatically imply that vst's can be wave exported in every possible way. I'm not coding this thing, but I don't see a distinct reason to do so.

If someone would somehow want to make a mti out of a vst inside MadTracker, then that specific person could simply make a pattern that holds all notes (including lenght due to the use of = (capslock)). Normalizing can be done via a vst track effect on top of the track. Export that song, chop it inside for instance Recycle to automate the proces, and make a mti inside MadTracker.

Appealing? No. But how many users do you practically think that would need and use an integrated version of Chainer inside MadTracker? And what's next? Soundforge inside MT? Photoshop? Maya? Patience? Smile

But, again: Yannick is master delphi coding l33t final oracle bladibla, so maybe I'm plain wrong, and RC4 will support it. That would amaze me though.

Inge

InHousePussy

PostPosted: Tue May 04 2004 16:39    

Inge wrote:
I'm not coding this thing, but I don't see a distinct reason to do so.
Inge

This makes no sense to me Inge.
Say again please... Wink
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Tue May 04 2004 18:56    

inhousepussy wrote:
Inge wrote:
I'm not coding this thing, but I don't see a distinct reason to do so.
Inge

This makes no sense to me Inge.
Say again please... Wink

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Tue May 04 2004 20:32    

Oh, come on. It's plain clear what I'm trying to say, right? Let me rephrase.

"Eventhough I'm not coding MadTracker, I also don't see a reason to start helping writing lame codes in the middle of the nig..."

Er, no, that wasn't the thing I meant. I mean, I surely meant it, but not anymore. No, uh, you know. Er.

"Coding MadTracker is for cool people. Since I am not, I prefer not to code it. Thus, I give lame answers."

Yes. Exactly. All clear now?

*sobs. sighs. there should be more hours of sleep in six hours*.

Inge

mindplay
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Fri May 07 2004 11:29    

I think it's a really good idea to integrate a function like this into MT2.

No, we don't want a Chainer clone integrated into MT2 of course, but this function wouldn't be that - Chainer does lots of other stuff besides spitting out WAV files.

Also, Chainer is 60 euros, which is more than MT2 itself costs, so I doubt that many users will go that way.

The idea with integrating this function, would be to encourage people to publish MT2 songs that don't require plugins, and I think this would be a good idea - just as you can't count on everyone going out to buy a copy of Chainer (and going through a hell of manual work importing the WAV files and building an MTI with them), you can rely on everyone to run around buying plugins just to play MT2 files from the net.

I also support the idea of using a different file extension - this would make songs that require plugins immidiately identifiable, which would be useful, as there's a good chance that a bunch of people will put out songs and forget to mention which plugins the songs require. (plus the fact that in all future you would have to worry about reading some descriptive text for a song before downloading it, to be sure you're not wasting your time with songs that require plugins you don't have access to)

Just my two cents Smile
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 2 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next