Forum - Write error / Read error on this file
 Forum
Bug report
 Write error / Read error on this file
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Sourfly

PostPosted: Wed May 05 2004 01:06    
Write error / Read error on this file

Okay here's the deal, as I was happily saving some new work I ran into an error message saying the save failed. It happened right near then end of the status bar being filled (maybe 2 blocks from done) ... and now when I try to load those .mt2s it loads upto about the same point and gives me a "Read error on this file" pop up message simular to the one on the save ... Is there anyway to save these files from becoming junk? Please say yes ... I have gig in a week and a half and really want to use this work!!! Sad

Any insight would be much appreciated!

-S
View user's journal Send private message
Martin

PostPosted: Wed May 05 2004 10:56    

I`m not sure I fully understood your problem - but have you tried to use the backupfiles. Yoursong.bak, they are in the same directory as your songs. If one of your .mt2 is not working you should see if MT hasent made a backup of a previous save. I have never used this my self, but it should be worth a try. Smile

Good luck!
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
mikx

PostPosted: Wed May 05 2004 15:01    

hmmm.. i noticed on 2.5 RC3 that if madtracker crashes, the backup files can't be opened - i get the same error as sourfly..

Confused
mikx
Sourfly

PostPosted: Wed May 05 2004 21:56    

Yeah I did some digging and found the back ups ... I restored one and saved some of the work ... but the other one (more recent) was still unreadable ... when I first had the error I saved a few copies just in case ...

Now I am getting a weird little glitch in the instrument window. When I load a sample (to preview it ... since the directory browser preview seems to have stopped working), listen to it, then remove it, the next time I try to load a sound it allows me to pick a sound, but it doesnt load ...
Nothing to indicate a loaded sound (no text or number) and if the instrument is triggered, the deleted sound still plays.

It seems this particular track/file is wonky, I am working off of an older version now that is from the one that crashed. I don't really care so much now that I recovered the bulk of the track ... this sample thing is annoying, but just seems to be happening in this file. Any insights to avoiding this problem and curing the sample non re-loading bug would be super dandy!

-S

Last edited by Sourfly on Thu May 06 2004 23:38; edited 1 time in total
View user's journal Send private message
CHICAGO¤lollie

PostPosted: Thu May 06 2004 12:17    

mikx wrote:
hmmm.. i noticed on 2.5 RC3 that if madtracker crashes, the backup files can't be opened - i get the same error as sourfly..

Confused
mikx

Strange, MT2.5 crashed on me while I was saving, but while the original was screwed over, the back-up worked fine once the .bak was removed.

I don't trust it with "save when closing" just yet.. Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour