MadTracker.org
Forum - Are there madtrackers in the wild wild mp3 world ?
 Forum
Music talk
 Are there madtrackers in the wild wild mp3 world ?
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page 1, 2  Next
TNK / ATK project

Location: Village-Neuf, France (Dont's search on the map, it's tiny...)
PostPosted: Tue May 13 2003 23:59    
Are there madtrackers in the wild wild mp3 world ?

Hi all,

Right during the last upload I made on one of my vitaminic accounts, I wondered how many madtrackers there are around, releasing their tracked stuff as mp3/wma (ogg?) on "general music" sites like mp3.com, peoplesound, vitaminic,...

It would be quite interesting to know, of course so that we could create a kinda community on those sites, but also to see how do we do compared to midi, live bands & studio recordings. You know, live bands or midi people often see us trackers as little kids playing around with their toys, but when we release in .mp3 (or any of the above given file formats), people cannot tell the song is tracked (unless the tracker did a bad job), and therefore will listen to it as if it were a normal studio recording...and there, we might get some nice surprises Smile

Having trackers doing well in such charts VS studio works would be a good publicity for the tracker world : they do it with some $$$many equipment, we do it with a $40 shareware proggy, cool isn't it ? Smile

So I wonder if I am the only one out there, sending my tracked works in the wild wild mp3 world ? (I hope not!)

/TNK /ATK project "Le TNK des bois".

P.S. : I did not give my vitaminic / mp3.com URLs because the forum rules say "no advertisement", but of course, they are available on request Smile

Switzerland : #1 earthquake provider! (Bootyshakin' Willhelm Tell ?!?)
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Wed May 14 2003 08:20    

you know, you can use the "music talk" forum for shameless self promoting these days Wink

anyway, I do have some of my music as mp3 and ogg on my site, but I don't publish my tunes on mp3.com or any similar place. I might start to do that once I have some more mastered tunes finished.
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
!PROTON!
User

PostPosted: Wed May 14 2003 10:34    

I have released some remixes and original tracks for a danish lable, only in the promotion stages of the bands, but i was reviewed, and it was a pretty good rating i got, Djs have really sponken good about it.. so Madtracker is for pro's, i have earned money with it Smile.. and hopefully more to come ??

cheers

In the start, we played music with our heart. never forget to "play" with the music.
TNK / ATK project

PostPosted: Wed May 14 2003 12:49    

Sunbuster wrote:
you know, you can use the "music talk" forum for shameless self promoting these days Wink

Yep, but this post was not intended to do promotional work but really to discuss about the given topic. However, it's a fact that those URLs would have been logic there...but in fact, when you click on the "WWW" link that's under my posting you will be sent to a page containing...all those links, so the links are there by some kind of way.

Sunbuster wrote:
anyway, I do have some of my music as mp3 and ogg on my site, but I don't publish my tunes on mp3.com or any similar place. I might start to do that once I have some more mastered tunes finished.

From what I know of your tunes, they are by far above the average release on those sites. The best proof for this is in fact my MT2 compo 2 entry : it often does much better in the vitaminic pop charts than in ... the compo itself ! This implies the compo had a much higher level than a chart containing songs by several hundred (atleast) or thousands (probably) artists !

!PROTON! wrote:
I have released some remixes and original tracks for a danish lable, only in the promotion stages of the bands, but i was reviewed, and it was a pretty good rating i got, Djs have really sponken good about it.. so Madtracker is for pro's, i have earned money with it Smile.. and hopefully more to come ??
cheers

What label ? Do they have an URL ?

Cool for you !
In fact, many pros were stunned when I made them hear what I can do with my tracker (and thus even with my mastering, which is much less good than the one Sunbuster does in his tracks !)

It's strange, but the country my music does (and by far!) the best is Denmark (second are the Netherlands). What's happening in your country ?

Regards,

em22

PostPosted: Wed May 14 2003 13:03    
Of course we doooo!

Yep, I also try an get as many finished songs onto MP3 and then dished around on various sites and CD's for people.

Actually, I my tune is currently dropping but it ended up number #1 in the electronic/house charts on soundclick.com. The competition was not to heavy though Very Happy

Laughing

em22
View user's journal Send private message
Sonitus
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Wed May 14 2003 14:15    

Thanks to MT2 I've got a licence-contract (with a danish label btw) and one or two upcoming record-deals.

But, I'm sorry to say (no I'm not Razz) that now I've become one of the "studio/midi guys" and I can't release any of those works on the net, because that would be called "breaking the terms of contract". But still, it was one of my madtracker-tunes that made the label interested in me in the first place. The label-people refused to believe that my songs were made in a tracker. I think it's nice to show people what this little program really can do.

I still have some MT-projects going on, like a couple of coops with TOffe and one with Szartd&TranceJax. I will never be able to let go of MT for good though...I just love it too darn much. And I promise, I will keep on releasing all my MT-made tunes on the net. Only in mp3-format though...

Big up to the MT-massive! Very Happy
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
!PROTON!
User

PostPosted: Wed May 14 2003 16:08    

The lable is called songworld, www.songworld.dk

this is the dance act i'm producer and band member of : www.d-choice.dk

i've gone freelance instead, just happend btw.
but i'm still working with the guys, just not with a contract in my hands, like before. the reason is, that now i can do work for other lables, and maybe get a little more then before.. hehe so have me in mind if you need a dance-trance remix Smile made with the best piece of software in the world..

c yaa around

In the start, we played music with our heart. never forget to "play" with the music.
mikx

PostPosted: Thu May 15 2003 05:30    

Quote:
So I wonder if I am the only one out there, sending my tracked works in the wild wild mp3 world ? (I hope not!)

naaahh.. i'm also out there, my speed/noize core group named The UOR Crew (UOR = Ultra Organic Records) decided to put up mp3's on mp3.com.au.. they don't have a speedcore or noizecore genre up there, but amazingly when we put our tracks up in the hardcore techno section, nearly all of our tracks ended up in the top 10, and mine even got to number 3, and was in the top 10 (#5 or something as far as i remember) for the overall techno genre.

its pretty dark and screwed up music, but surprisingly people enjoyed it. it was my track called '#3 - Histrionics' (Number 3 is my artist name, and got to #3 on the chart!!) that went high, as well as couple other ones by Antithesic Nightmare (i can't remember which one, i think it was 'Don't Forget It') and Psybugg.

all were made in MT2. if you like, see for yourself on mp3.com.au/TheUORCrew ... amongst thousands of artists, we used to be on top, which i'm quite proud of! now we're in the top 20 for hardcore and 38 or something in the techno genre..

Smile
-mikx
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Enonimis
Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 16 2003 11:29    

First of all TNk /ATR / KAT or however you spell it, the mp3 world is not wild. It's certainly not wild wild. I bet that the wma world is more wild than Mp3 World, and I wouldn't consider the Wma World to be a very wild (or dangerous) place. Hell, just last week I went over there and damn near stubbed my toe but that's about as crazy as it got.
Secondly, I like how you are very opinionated TDH / AK47, because I myself am very opinionated. The difference is I try to keep my posts within a screen-length, because I'll be damned if I'm reading a post by Enonimis and have to scroll down to finish it. It's rough on the wrist and the neck too (figure that one out, eh?)
Well I hope that answers your question.
cheers,
~Enon

If you do not agree with my opinions, you are wrong. If you do agree with my opinions you are drunk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://elrick-enonimis.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Fri May 16 2003 13:38    

Enonimis wrote:
First of all TNk /ATR / KAT or however you spell it, the mp3 world is not wild. It's certainly not wild wild. I bet that the wma world is more wild than Mp3 World, and I wouldn't consider the Wma World to be a very wild (or dangerous) place. Hell, just last week I went over there and damn near stubbed my toe but that's about as crazy as it got.
Secondly, I like how you are very opinionated TDH / AK47, because I myself am very opinionated. The difference is I try to keep my posts within a screen-length, because I'll be damned if I'm reading a post by Enonimis and have to scroll down to finish it. It's rough on the wrist and the neck too (figure that one out, eh?)
Well I hope that answers your question.
cheers,
~Enon

U more high than usual or something, en0enomossos or whatever it was? Very Happy

anyway, agree on the basic point of your reply, long posts are pretty heavy to read in a forum. But if the man has something to say then he should say it, right? Wink
1wills.com
User

PostPosted: Fri May 16 2003 18:33    
MadTracker -> .mp3 -> Web

Nice to hear all your stories. Smile I've just started to release my MadTracker tunes on the net: They're available here:

www.1wills.com

More coming soon! Smile
TNK / ATK project

PostPosted: Fri May 16 2003 19:54    
Re: MadTracker -> .mp3 -> Web

1wills.com wrote:
Nice to hear all your stories. Smile I've just started to release my MadTracker tunes on the net: They're available here:

www.1wills.com

More coming soon! Smile

Are those tunes available in .MT2 format somewhere ?

1wills.com
User

PostPosted: Fri May 16 2003 20:28    
And our survey SAYS...

Yeah - on my hard drive! Smile

www.1wills.com
TNK / ATK project

PostPosted: Fri May 16 2003 20:36    
Re: And our survey SAYS...

1wills.com wrote:
Yeah - on my hard drive! Smile

www.1wills.com

Sure ! But I of course meaned "Somewhere online".

1wills.com
User

PostPosted: Fri May 16 2003 21:40    

I knew what you meant. I guess I was being sarcastic. But in a nice way. Smile The MT2 files aren't available online, no. What you see on my Web site is whatchyaget. Smile

www.1wills.com
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 2 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next