Help and support
 VSTi and effects
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Surferboy
User

PostPosted: Mon May 09 2005 10:22    
VSTi and effects

Hi!

I sometimes use the Kontakt and Halion software samplers in MT2, in a mode where I use different inttruments on different midi channels. The problem is that I don't know how to use different effects for the different instrument channels. If I for instance have set up the Kontakt VSTi on track 0, then the only effects working will be those on track 0, and if I use another instrument channel on another track nothin happens when I try to put an effect on that track. The same thing happens when I use the masterchannel for the Vsti, only effects on the master channel works. Result: I must restricted to using the same effects on each and everyone of the 16 midichannels. Is there any soluttion to this, that does not involve loading multiple instances of Kontakt or Halion (my computer isn't powerful enought to do that)?
View user's journal Send private message
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Mon May 09 2005 10:25    

That's actually something I've been wondering myself. How do you make use of the midichannels? Perhaps someone with a bit more insight could explain this? Smile
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Comatose

PostPosted: Mon May 09 2005 11:02    

Have you tried loading one instance of a VSTi made a new instrument and checked the VSTi box for the instrument and changed it's channel assignment? I've done this with Edirol Oorchestral and it works just fine Very Happy
Surferboy
User

PostPosted: Mon May 09 2005 12:34    

The problem is not to get different instruments on diefferent channel from a softsynth, tha I've already managed, but to use different track and VST effects on them.
Surferboy
User

PostPosted: Mon May 09 2005 13:09    

The problem is this: The sound output of all instruments of one VSTi, no matter how many you have, will be routed to the mixer track in MT2 that were chosen for the VSTi. Thus, only the ffects applied to that track will work - therefore it's not possible to for example use a reverb for the first instrument and a delay for the second - you have to use the same effects for all instruments of one VSTi. How can this be solved?
N0N

PostPosted: Mon May 09 2005 19:51    

I'm guessing it only works on the track hosting the vst/vsti. I've found it both usefull and a dissadvantage. if you load up multipul instances of the vsti in different tracks it will work, but can be very cpu intensive after a couple of loaded softsynths or whatever.
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour