Forum - CPU overload
 Forum
Suggestions
 CPU overload
Reply to topic Post new topic  
PyroZane

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18 2005 12:59    
CPU overload

When working with vsts,I normaly work on the edge of what my cpu can handle, and often ends in a cpu overload. That`s not a problem in itself, but sometimes I have to wait about 3 minutes, listning to crackling sound, impossible to move mouse, just waiting for the song to stop by cpu overload. Is it possible to make an option i MT config for how fast (how often) you want cpu overload to stop the song? So that the song stops right away if it gets any trouble at all? or make the song stop before 100% cpu is used (like a selective % of cpu power), so I don't have to wait for the song to stop all the time?

http://pyrozane.madtracker.net/
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Prometheus-3
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07 2007 08:04    
Ditto

I agree with PyroZane... I can't handle too much VSTs
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07 2007 12:06    

This sounds like a good idea. Think
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Psalm 97

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07 2007 16:11    

Just export VST sounds as wav more often. Then you won't even have that problem.

Only what is done for Christ will last.
View user's journal Send private message
G3ronimo
Hot & Sexeh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07 2007 17:11    

Psalm 97 wrote:
Just export VST sounds as wav more often. Then you won't even have that problem.

if you are made pads, and want them to sound good, exporting to wav isnt really an option, because then you have no controll over attack and such

www.soundsector.net
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Franklin van Uden

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07 2007 21:29    

Exporting vsti's to wav is not always a good option indeed ...
U could arrange track for track and export each track as wav and import them back again, it will cost some quality and it is static like hell ...

Export vsti as a instrument only to wav isn't really an option imo, all the automation u can do on the vsti is gone and like g3 already told f.e. pads will sound horrible (note offs are to sudden etc) ..

The option Pyro suggested is neat and would help alot of madtracker users indeed!

What i now do is arranging with some tracks disabled so i can listen to parts and use the export function to preview pieces for mixing etc. well that's my way to work around the cpu overload thing, happy thing about my pc is that it's dual core so i don't have to wait it just niceley stops at overload ..(well i think it is because of the dual core proc , but not sure , my single one has the same annoyance pyro described)

Music ... is endless ... Work in progress ...

View user's journal Send private message MSN Messenger
Psalm 97

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08 2007 01:21    

Yeah, dual cores are sweet. Problem would be, once you have that power you can add a lot more VSTs.......... and overload your processor again. The more we have, the more we want. Rolling Eyes

Psalm 97

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08 2007 01:28    

By the way, what do you mean static? I haven't gotten the registration yet, so I can't export as wav, but I thought this was a top of the line tracker. Y'know, pure undefiled sound and all that. You still get static with wav export?

bigandymac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08 2007 01:58    

i think static as in the sound cant be changed once exported, so you lose some tweakability? maybe wrong though.

i think the cpu overload idea is really good. but rather than mt stopping your track setting the max cpu load to something like 80% would work better as it would give you enough cycles to stop everything if needs be. surely would be simple to implement as well as there is already a good cpu meter on mt.
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Breaker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08 2007 13:07    

same problem...When my comp freezes the vst i use wil sometimes make such a hard sound my ears start bleeding.... :/
Franklin van Uden

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09 2007 16:15    

Psalm 97 wrote:
By the way, what do you mean static? I haven't gotten the registration yet, so I can't export as wav, but I thought this was a top of the line tracker. Y'know, pure undefiled sound and all that. You still get static with wav export?

Andy is right about what i ment, there is no static on a export , but once exported it is untweakable like u would do in the tracker itself like Andy said.

Dual core is sweet but there is only a test dual core support function in madtracker and that one crashes my pc sometimes (icw some vsti/vste).

Music ... is endless ... Work in progress ...

View user's journal Send private message MSN Messenger
Psalm 97

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09 2007 22:52    

Oh good! I'm glad you clarified that static issue. I was beginning to doubt the great MadTracker! Surprised Shocked

Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour