General discussion
 Free Wave Export
Reply to topic Post new topic  
milashka
User

PostPosted: Thu May 07 2009 08:21    
Free Wave Export

Hello,

As Yannick is ready to share the source code of MadTracker 2, the developement of MadTracker 2 is stopped and there's a fully cracked MadTracker 2.5 with wave export avalaible in the greek segment of the Internet, I request making wave export option free.

This can be done by creating one shared pack of registration files registered to the user named "Free registration" and putting the pack with those files for free download at madtracker.org.

Thanks for understanding.
View user's journal Send private message
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Thu May 07 2009 16:52    

These arguments are not very valid (nor legal).

People can always get a WAV file out of MadTracker, even without registration (export to Ogg, convert to WAV, record the output, etc.). The registration of MadTracker is more seen as a way to show one's support. (I still have to pay for the hosting, so it is welcome.)
Furthermore, this wouldn't be fair towards those who paid for their registration already.
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
milashka
User

PostPosted: Fri May 08 2009 02:07    

I guess this is your principal position.
Martin

PostPosted: Fri May 08 2009 14:34    

I dont understand this argument: Because there exists a cracked version, Yannick should make MT wav export free for all? How did you come to this conclusion??

Confused

~ http://martin.madtracker.net ~
D Vibe

PostPosted: Sat May 09 2009 18:00    

Martin wrote:
I dont understand this argument: Because there exists a cracked version, Yannick should make MT wav export free for all? How did you come to this conclusion??

Confused

Well, like the swedish clown party called "Piratpartiet" (Piracy party) says, 'the technique makes it possible to illegaly copy music, therefore every author should not claim the copyright of their work' .. or something.

https://www.dvibe.se
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Martin

PostPosted: Sun May 10 2009 11:45    

Sure, I guess I can see that, and I dont mind the wav export being released without charge even though I paid for it myself. It`s not about that. It`s about the stupid notion of trying to use the illegal copying of the program as an argument for trying to get it for free that I`m disagreeing with.

I think that Yannick already has been genreous about OGG export, and even though there is a cracked (trojan infested ) version out there, I cant see why this should be an argument.

I do agree, though - that one could make it free, but for much better reasons than has been stated.

Impulse tracker died because someone released the wav export. I suspect Yannick still entertains the idea of getting the open source project up an running, and a supporting community may just be the what is needed in order to tip the scale in the right direction.

~ http://martin.madtracker.net ~
Deepsleeper

PostPosted: Sun May 10 2009 12:36    
Is the free wave export the gold at the end of the rainbow?

What I think we should deal with here is that Yannick has made a hell of a nice peace of software and send it out for free, with posibilities to upgrade it and give him a bit of echonomical credit for his work. If you want everything for free then go and download it illegally and be stupid as the rest of those suckers who share the same oppinion (I was there once didn't like it). OR go for the already free share and freeware that has been put on the net, and buy some good stuff once in a while. Now It will feel much better when you know your music hasn't been made with cracked software.

Now I would dare say I am more interesting in the features of the comming MT3, that will come sooner or later. It is just a matter of time like the upgrades that came with MT2 before and after ASIO and VSTi. Most should remember.

Greetings Deepsleeper
kragle
User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02 2019 21:13    
Re: Is the free wave export the gold at the end of the rainb

Madtracker IS dead... enough with the extortionate €40 fee. I know you get other stuff with this but to be fair, Madtracker 3 isn't happening and the open source project has completely halted. The website hasn't been updated since 2005! It is a no brainier just to release the whole thing as Freeware without the extra stuff.

People who have paid for this might be thinking its unfair but I don't think I want to pay for software that has not been updated or even maintained. What support do I get if something goes wrong? You buy a single program, with no updates or hope of an update. It doesn't make sense, not in 2019...

It is a great program but come on, the time has come Sad I really only want the WAV export, anything else I would have no use for.

Madtracker v2.3 for life! Smile
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SX001

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22 2019 08:17    
Re: Is the free wave export the gold at the end of the rainb

Well, brother, I paid even fifty bucks to get that professional licence and webspace etc. But I had possibility for this service just a couple years! Then that support was "discontinued".

kragle wrote:
I really only want the WAV export, anything else I would have no use for.

Perhaps for just wave export it is enough to use recording over digital output and all fine? Even all other things had to be solved with workarounds.

But hey, fellows, look at the mirror too - the help section is mostly consisting about elementary questions and how many use more than just minimum capability?

About that if the product is dead or not: As long as someone uses it, it lives! NO ARGUMENT with that.
To prove it just lets look how old is that Fasttracker 2 which is still in use! Also look the pause between the last development. It is very popular among DOS users either on the 386-486 hardware or through emulation. Irony is that even if there are new FT2 clones made, they have even harder limitations and does not support even MIDI! Very Happy Very Happy

But about MT2, well, the whining started immediately about "updates needed", while they dont know what it even means!

Why MT2 does not developed further? Well, Perhaps becouse Yannick began it while being in his 20s. Now imagine someone being in its 40's and still developing the program. Only die-hard fans do it which are only handful people. But most people just change and abandon their favourite toys when getting 20 years older.

Also here are only 2..3 fellows left who take it seriously (including me). But WE ARE HERE.
Perhaps I never get enough of this?
Mainly I use the Madtracker with hardware synthesizers via MIDI(typically 8 of them in one setup), external effects driven with MIDI and multiple digital audio outputs routed. The main important thing is that it works with win98se and I have also found the ways to get around from the MIDI bugs in this program.

Also all those Yannicks arguments which were valid 10 years ago, does not apply. Well You see I bought the professional usage licence with webpage place hosting too, which was after a while taken down.

BUt there is a much worse things out there.
Look the new clones-imitations are much worse.
They are limited and even the old program imitation requires GHz CPU speeds and newest platform... in order to imitate the 4-channel protracker!
There arent really many programs who support enough old platforms. Mt2 runs on win98se, all other things require the atleast latest billg M$ platform.
ALso the developers have big factory mentality by saying "WE dont support it", after asking their new retro imitation to support the retro platform too. They have no documenting skills (source!), source code is ugly or suck at it, and later all that is in ruins again.

Just enjoy what is here.

I will come back again.
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour