MadTracker.org
Forum - 19. Tokyo
 Forum
2004 Feedback
 19. Tokyo
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page 1, 2  Next
How do you rate this entry?
(Please post your comments after having voted!)
Excellent!
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Good
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Average
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Can do better
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

fox

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11 2004 22:08    
19. Tokyo

Title: Tokyo
Score: 72

Download
Reviews

View user's journal Send private message
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12 2004 09:10    

IRC Feedback wrote:
<vfgdfg> wtf?
<vfgdfg> passed away and came back?Very Happy
<Toffe> ey this I like!
<MyztiQue> this sounds interesting
<Andy-London> this is very nice Smile
<mikx> nice track
<jumb0s> slammin
<QBical> this is great!!!!
<c-frog> this was really cool!
<Toffe> I like the vocals
<Factor> that was a freaky song
<mikx> i really like this tune!
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Silas Rye

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12 2004 18:08    
I like the style

i like this track, i would have like to see more like it in the compo(maybe lazy people like me should have submitted). If you up for a collaborative track sometime, we should exchange a song and add/remix and pass it back and forth. I think our styles could work off each other well and its been a while since i did something like that. So if your up for it, hit me back here.
Later,
Silas Rye
fox

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16 2004 04:12    

I NEVER heard a so looser music like Tokyo before.<---...it IS a real reason to download !!!!

...or You already downloaded? ADSL - eh? Good.

So, I share my thoughts about it, as the author of it. Tokyo made to be a funny music, and this fact is not too clear to others ("don't know if this is supposed to represent music from Japan, or be an interpertation of the japanese way of life." - latter is the truth, which is crystal-clear...or wanna to be that).

I hope I am not alone who can follow what going on in this melody (especially c.a. @9:00), but now I tell: this is a fiction of traveling from Europe to Japan. You are as open-minded as long You can follow this line. If You stuck in at Tibetian temple, You miss train! As I mention, nine minutes is a really good result. (notice that, travelling from Europe to Japan is longer than 10 minutes... I remark just for sure).

Opposed to traditional easy-listening structure Tokyo is complex and You will enjoy only if You are ready for progressive experimentions. Doing things nobody did before - it is the only value for me. Maybe not as soft for ears, not neccessary nice, but in other hand, don't contains any pattern, template, copy-out, similarity, sample-CD material, drum-set, or any noise (sound) made by others and style can't dropped into a categorie ("I don't understand" is not a categorie name). I think there is no difference between using an instrument made by another person and between using a loop, even making bootleg. An alien material already encaptulates a feeling, a direction, hides a lot of others works. Hard to decide what a composer added to this thing... I'm sure I used none.

All sounds are original material. For example, instrument #0C is recorded as I hit a floppy-drive cover, which is an original Japanese instrument - don't? (for copyright reasons I notice that drive disassembled by my 4 years old son). Voice lyrics are also original, however exact meaning is under translation.

Eh - we will never fully understand japanese culture... >)

We will never understand artists - moreover if they aren't that...

Aaaaaaaand first, I really thank Your positive IRC reactions! This is what I wanted to say at first... I late...
SoulEye
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16 2004 08:33    
hmm

Could you describe how you died and was resurrected? I'm Kinda intrigued!

http://www.souleye.se
fox

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16 2004 17:06    
How to resurrect - kit for sale!

Once upon a time...I wrote a parodie when here was a Master (not me, really), who did some kind of music art on the stages, no everybody know exactly what kind, but was (a-bit-over-) mistyfied. A few fan saw with own eyes when Master died at end of concert, and then, he resurrected just before next concert. All was documented on VHS-tape that fans saw, so it was not questionable for they. It's natural: Master dies then resurrects. Is not special in he's case. Real hard-core fans did know that Hendrix will playing on guitars in Master's show. Can hearing everywhere the same about Beatles - they also will playing some music in this show - sounding weird but is just simple cell-reconstruction, nothing special. We saw similar in JurassicPark so it is possible.
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16 2004 17:54    
Re: How to resurrect - kit for sale!

fox wrote:
We saw similar in JurassicPark so it is possible.

Exactly! I'm currently even breeding Dodo's in my room!

Shocked

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
fox

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16 2004 20:01    

Really hard to belive, but I belive You Inge!

You are not the only one living a room sized 30 meters * 30 meters * 80 meters (to make space for a Dodo) - is so natural today - isn't? For example, I have a room two times bigger - whics is so pity compared to rooms of guys built SpaceShipOne (nomenestomen it is the first hand-made spaceship).

That's a childs-room - he?

Why we had no as a cool child-room to build a really functional space-ship? God damn! Imagine, we endless can pushing buttons labelled "Fire"! But no, in my child-hood was (almost) no fire-button, even a simple button to push...

I counted here are 85 buttons before me now, and I almost do not know what key to push and really don't know the right order.

...i think order of characters are counts. Or not?

Good question: pass.
SoulEye
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16 2004 20:08    
ahhh

I get it! It's a PR trick! If not, then I will take your last line
Quote:
Good question: pass.
and regard that as my answer (I don't care if that answer was not directed at me, I just make things easy for myself Smile).

Silas Rye

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16 2004 23:04    
man, what are you sayin?

i havent a clue what your talking about, not even like "whoa hes way out there", but like "how are these things connecting together?" Also, im not sure how a song can be a fictional work? (of course a storie told in a song could be fictional, maybe i wasnt listening close enough to your song to hear the story) Well whatever, im quite easy going, but i just thought id let you know that atleast 1 person isnt picking up what your putting down in text. Question
TOffe
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16 2004 23:13    
Re: man, what are you sayin?

Silas Rye wrote:
i havent a clue what your talking about, not even like "whoa hes way out there", but like "how are these things connecting together?" Also, im not sure how a song can be a fictional work? (of course a storie told in a song could be fictional, maybe i wasnt listening close enough to your song to hear the story) Well whatever, im quite easy going, but i just thought id let you know that atleast 1 person isnt picking up what your putting down in text. Question

I'm right there with you,
but as far as it goes for the song I'm just loving the first "part" of this cool work!!

http://www.sonitusmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/meltic

"You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note." -Doug Floyd
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
fox

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17 2004 00:32    
Format C:

I like to clear this thread, sorry for confusions:

1.) I never died (I writing funny texts sometimes but I'm still alive)
2.) Is a BIG secret for ever WHY Souleye asked about this
3.) We all like music
4.) We are not robots
5.) Tale about that Master was in an older "music" (or performance?) I did, and ofcourse story was fiction, melody was real.

However it would be interesting to compose a music living only in minds. Like old tales, never written down. Oh - I invented folk-music...

To get closer to forum's title, may I asking for examples You know similar to style of Tokyo? A reviewer mentioned Shpongle. I heared a complete album with constant good tracks so far... My favorite was ArtOfNoise. I listened 0-24 at least 4 years...
SoulEye
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17 2004 10:27    
umm

I don't really see it as a big secret why I asked; I even explained why when asking. A person dying and coming back to life is nothing less than a miracle, and unless you are Jesus reincarnated, anybody would want to know the full story.

fox

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17 2004 22:10    
Yesss! Yes.

We solved: Souleye did referred to the compo webcast I never heard. It is more than enough for total misunderstanding, just think...

Webcast did referred to one of my funny e-mail I sent when I realized that I missed deadline of compo by two months. Don't think I was alone...
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18 2004 08:40    

You should deserve a penalty for this. Anyway... Razz

Were you really sick or not after all?

Yannick
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 2 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next