42%  [ 6 ]
No
57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 14

Franklin van Uden

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28 2006 22:05    

sundude wrote:
btw. don't hold your breath for MT3. It's been a discussion topic for as long as I've been on this board (and me and the board are soon celebrating our 10 year anniversary..

Sunbuster

OH MY GOD , what happened ... is it already 2013, i only tried to sleep a bit ... DAMN ... Twisted Evil

Music ... is endless ... Work in progress ...

View user's journal Send private message MSN Messenger
TOffe
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28 2006 23:09    

there have been another forum before this one. and even another site before that... "madhouse" Smile

http://www.sonitusmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/meltic

"You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note." -Doug Floyd
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Franklin van Uden

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29 2006 12:30    

Pfew , gladly , i started to worry Very Happy

Music ... is endless ... Work in progress ...

View user's journal Send private message MSN Messenger
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01 2006 21:32    

yeah, when I first stumbled upon MadTracker, the site was named Madhouse, so... Wink
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
D Vibe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01 2006 23:31    

You bring back memories of horror of the old forum.

Gah, I will have nightmares tonight!

/Daniel

https://www.dvibe.se
QBical

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02 2006 19:35    

hehe, do you remember the times we drove the forum bezerk by posting complete nonsence into one thread Very Happy

Those where the day's

PC: P4 HT 3ghz, 1gb ram, 500GB+ Storage, plextor DVD-rw, M-audo Audiophile 2496
Laptop: Apple Powerbook G4 15inch
Other Stuff: Phonic MU802 mixer, Alesis M1 Active Mk2 Monitors, Ipod 2nd gen. 20GB, maxtor firewire HD 80GB
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
D Vibe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02 2006 23:07    

QBical wrote:
hehe, do you remember the times we drove the forum bezerk by posting complete nonsence into one thread Very Happy

Those where the day's
Brick wall

D Vibe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02 2006 23:08    

Very Happy

TNK / ATK project

Location: Village-Neuf, France (Dont's search on the map, it's tiny...)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03 2006 02:31    

I'ld say that as a tracking tool, I see no real interest in it, but many friends, who use to use the standard note sheets to write down their music would for sur love such a feature.

The question is how will the FXs be coded in such a format ?
A standard note sheet does not contain data such as filter cutoff & things like that most of us use (standard note sheets are definitely not optimal for electronic music).

However, what could REALLY be handy would be an option that could allow you to :

- Display
- Print
- Export as PDF
- Export as .jpg

notesheets of our music. Even if notesheets are pointless in purely electronic music, it could be handy for the ones who - sometimes - write stuff that could also be played live by instrumental (or vocal ... hehe !) performers. Imagine Helsingborg's Symphonic orchestra playing an orchestral version of Souleye's chip masterpieces ! I think this would be funny and would also help madtracker get recognized beyond the electronic computer nerds scene.
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
D Vibe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03 2006 10:07    

If I remember correct I think that OctaMED Soundstudio on the Amiga actually had both a notation editor and a tracker interface Smile..

But I'm not sure. The Windows version does not seem to have that option at least. No notation editor, that is.

Prometheus-3
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17 2007 03:41    

A notation editor would bring more people to this great tracker! I know lotsa people who wanna write music but wanna do it in notation Smile
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Minimalizman
User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31 2007 17:21    
Effect editor in notation editor

TNK / ATK project wrote:

The question is how will the FXs be coded in such a format ?
A standard note sheet does not contain data such as filter cutoff & things like that most of us use (standard note sheets are definitely not optimal for electronic music).

Well, in college my first digital arts class taught us to use a program (I can't remember the name of it) that used MIDI to reproduce sounds and you entered notes into a staff. Above and below the staves were horizontal lines which could be altered either in realtime playback or set in place by working through your music. Each line could be made to move diagonally up or down, with the corresponding value going up or down. Naturally, any effect could be assigned to these colored lines.

The same thing could be done with MadTracker. The advantage of this feature, as well as a notation editor, is the visual clarity of what's going on. People can write 10 different parts, for example, in, say, an hour, on staves, because they can see visually the harmonies they're writing, the rhythms they're writing, dynamics, effects, instruments...everything. With MadTracker, you have to go line by line and do EVERYthing step by step, starting all over again if you realize mid-track that something is off by a fraction of a beat. I, for one, find this to be the only reason I don't use MadTracker as often as I'd like to. What takes me 3 days to do with MadTracker as it is, I could do in 2 hours if I could enter the notes directly onto a staff.

I realize some people may think for some reason (and to be honest I don't understand it), that adding a notation editor would not be helpful, or that it would add confusion; I don't see how it could do anything but provide an option for eliminating confusion. Trust me, whether you know standard notation or not, it is A LOT easier to work with than the pattern editor. B-flat on count four versus A#3 on line 16 or 32 or 64...much simpler in my mind.
Any thoughts?
View user's journal Send private message
Psalm 97

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31 2007 21:12    

Speaking as one who used to have no experience with standard notation........... Minimalizeman is quite correct. Even if you don't know anything about standard notation, it makes it easier to follow the tune. Much easier than the standard tracker lines.

Probably be really hard to program though.........

Only what is done for Christ will last.
View user's journal Send private message
CHICAGO¤lollie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09 2007 05:49    
Re: Effect editor in notation editor

Minimalizman wrote:
Any thoughts?

Hey, there'd have to be a number of people who can use a tracker, and would like to be able to read sheet music. You could definitely learn something about notation just by observing how the tracker notes translate over into sheet notation.

Course, you wouldn't become a master of notation with it, but it'd be a great head-start.

View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 2 of 2 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2