Forum
General discussion
 Goodbye madtracker
Reply to topic Post new topic  
kelp7
User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28 2012 10:38    
Goodbye madtracker

It's been a good ten years or so but it's time to move on now, for me. Will be moving to renoise as it seems more current and has better support, which is a shame as i've grown very used to Madtracker over the years. Every published track of mine up to this point from smallest net labels to the track this year i had on london's ninja tune label have all been created with Madtracker (no VSTs either) but now it's time to move on. Thanks to Yannick for the excellent software, I've had great use out of it.
cheers
kelp
View user's journal Send private message
Stufe_7

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28 2012 23:09    

It`s sad to hear that.

All i can say is that i have never used a tracker before that was so nice to work with and had such an intuitive interface.

I tried a few other trackers (Renoise Demo, ModPlug) due to compatibility problems and since Madtracker is growing old now, i guess some people will do the step to move to another Tracker. I won`t.

(I use ModPlug to perform since it is better to play live with that, but all the programming is done in Madtracker)

And the sentence: The shortest path from imagination to music.

It is true. At least it works for me. Smile
kelp7
User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29 2012 13:02    

Yeah, I'm sorry to have to leave Madtracker but it's for a few reasons really, and not least the trouble a professional mastering engineer had with a rendered WAV i sent him (i won't go into details but I think I may have been pushing Madtracker too far with its effects). I have had great fun with it and I won't be leaving the Tracker way of working (having started back with Soundtracker, Noisetracker and then protracker all on the amiga) but time to move on now!
Thanks for replying tho!
kelp
SX001

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29 2012 18:46    

kelp7 wrote:
Yeah, I'm sorry to have to leave Madtracker

I guess its not MadTracker which is going old, but its You who
are changing and developing.

Still,...what exactly are YOU missing from MadTracker?

Whats the point about "updates" as other software companies do in order to compensate in a hurry programming as they had greedy need to be first on the market?

Whats the point of "add-ons" if there is no concrete need for it?

I use MadTracker personally for hardware synthesizers where others use Cubase. well I use that too. MadTracker is making different feeling in a workflow.
kelp7
User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31 2012 12:57    

SX001 wrote:
kelp7 wrote:
Yeah, I'm sorry to have to leave Madtracker

I guess its not MadTracker which is going old, but its You who
are changing and developing.

You are correct with the above! It is just time to move on to something more capable. It's not really a case of what's missing from Madtracker but more how much I am pushing it. I don't really want to go into details. I've been very happy with Madtracker for ages and I know a lot of people still are. Just wanted to say farewell to this lovely community!
cheers
kelp
SX001

PostPosted: Fri May 06 2016 14:36    
Re: Goodbye madtracker

kelp7 wrote:
It's been a good ten years or so but it's time to move on now, for me. Will be moving to renoise as it seems more current and has better support, which is a shame as i've grown very used to Madtracker over the years. Every published track of mine up to this point from smallest net labels to the track this year i had on london's ninja tune label have all been created with Madtracker (no VSTs either) but now it's time to move on. Thanks to Yannick for the excellent software, I've had great use out of it.
cheers
kelp

renoise has low pisspoor support and high demands, it does not work on my older equipment, but MT2 does. Smile
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour