Forum - annoying popups
 Forum
Website
 annoying popups
Reply to topic Post new topic  
zood

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22 2006 08:56    
annoying popups

I'm not sure is this the right place to post this, but i'm getting popups from my pages zood.madtracker.net. I have checked all the sourcecode and i have no idea what is causing it. It does not happen every time, but every now and then it hits me with three popups with ringtones.

Allthough i'm using firefox and the popups will be blocked i just cannot understand what is causing them, this does not happen in any othe site. Could it be the nedstats counter in the page? It is just beyond my understanding what is causing it. Brick wall
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
-M-o-V-A-J-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22 2006 09:56    

maybe the servidor, but using madtracker.net ... i think madtracker.net run oks...

but i really don't know (I'm using iespana... until i'll registered on MadTracker:P!)

----

if you don't know how to do, make the same page in a new dokument, or with other web editor... (i recomend Namo Web Editor... )

Visit http://www.electromusica.com
----
Making music since 1998

-M-o-V-A-J-
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22 2006 10:15    

I noticed nothing wrong with your website (testing with FF2 with no anti-popup extension, just the built-in option). You must have been infected somehow I'm afraid.

Yannick
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
-M-o-V-A-J-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22 2006 11:06    

yeah it's true, maybe you have some software added on your pc... there's "stupid software" that send iformation about your pc and about your pc's use... some of it, puts on files you send by internet (like when you upload your web, os similar)...

well, the best thing to eliminate it, is Format unit C: of your computer.(other units (D:,E:,etc never are infected)...

if you don't want to format...well... download some AntySpy&InternetWall or similar (Norton mabye)

but, i recomend, use FORMAT

----
Making music since 1998

-M-o-V-A-J-
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
zood

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22 2006 12:18    

I have up to date virus and malware programs, i double checked with ad-ware and f-secure the computer and nothing appears. And the thing is it only comes on zood.madtracker.net/main.html, never on anything else. Just that site. Well, it is just a minor problem cause it happens only on that site, hope it is just me, and not anyone else browsing thru that site. Allthought i don't spend lots of time browsing my own site, hehheh Smile
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22 2006 21:30    

Try running Spybot - search and destroy also. Last time I ran Adware it found something like 10 critical objects. Running Spybot after that produced more than 100 hits Shocked Just a thought.

However, as to your problem: I visited your site also, and my FireFox 2.0 blocked two popups after entering the main site. Both went to ilead.itrack.it. I'd try removing the stats link and see if that makes a difference.
Franklin van Uden

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22 2006 22:02    

I hate to break this to you, but over here the same problem , popups all over the place when i visit your page ...
I'm not infected i'm sure about that ... same problem on 4 computers so i'm afraid that something on your page is causing it !

Music ... is endless ... Work in progress ...

View user's journal Send private message MSN Messenger
StyrmanLjungberg

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23 2006 00:19    

My guess is that it's the JavaScript-file linked from NedStat or whatever, is causing it..
View user's journal Send private message MSN Messenger
D Vibe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23 2006 06:24    

Sunbuster wrote:
Try running Spybot - search and destroy also. Last time I ran Adware it found something like 10 critical objects. Running Spybot after that produced more than 100 hits Shocked Just a thought.

However, as to your problem: I visited your site also, and my FireFox 2.0 blocked two popups after entering the main site. Both went to ilead.itrack.it. I'd try removing the stats link and see if that makes a difference.
Yes, I've noticed that too.. Lately Ad-Aware hasn't found anything but Spybot has found several hits.

Btw, a tips, install "Spywareblaster", it will protect your computer from spywares. Works very well..

It's free..
http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

https://www.dvibe.se
-M-o-V-A-J-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23 2006 08:08    

try about java problems, and similar.

if it's not, try to upload your web(original files) to other webservidor (for 1 moment:P), and if the problem still appears, you have to re-write all your web(maybe some files of the web will be infected).
(as a last idea)If doing it, problem disappears, i recomend have a security copy of all your web files, erase all kind of files ans similar from your servidor (format your web servidor), format your C: unit from your PC, and then (after install your software'pc, re-install your WEB)

----
Hope you have luck!

----
Making music since 1998

-M-o-V-A-J-
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour