Forum - MadTracker 3 to become open-source
 Forum
MadTracker 3
 MadTracker 3 to become open-source
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
RoisHh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02 2018 16:46    

Is there a beta-version of MT3 somewhere or is it yet to come?

greetz
roisHh

keep on trackin'
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
technoid
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23 2018 02:53    

Hello, I haven't logged in here in YEARS, maybe 10 years ago!? Glad I still remember my forum password, heh.

Other than Sourceforge, there is also SOME activity at https://github.com/MadTracker-FOSS/MadTracker3 . When I say "SOME", it's a little more recent activity than at Sourceforge, but still nothing to get excited about.

Granted, from what I read over there, coding it seems to be a can of worms, so I have no reason to hold my breath for MT3 to come out as a working beta release any time soon, much less a stable release.

Personally I don't use MT2 anymore or any other type of tracker. I had used it more as a performance tool rather than making music hooked up to a MIDI controller. If I'm bored I will play someone else's MT2 song, that's about as much as I will use it.

I had been dabbling in OpenMPT a few years ago, but not really that much. MPT has more ongoing support than MadTracker.

In my opinion, it would be just better if you continue to get the most out of MT2 v2.61.

That's my 2 cents. Bye... for now. Smile

~techie
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail
SX001

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21 2018 10:03    

Here we are. You are not alone in this.

technoid wrote:

I had been dabbling in OpenMPT a few years ago, but not really that much. MPT has more ongoing support than MadTracker.

what you mean about "support" ? Its better to avoid the big corporations. We use the old programs and if needed, then retro computers too.

would be better to stick on the working configuration as it is and develop the software not for new, but for old platform and architecture instead. There is really no point about those 64-bit ones.

well, I am developing here the ISA bus soundcard for example. So there would be much more beneficial if the programs would be for DOS which can use the multitrack cards.

At the end this way we get the control over OUR software, OUR hardware (since soundcards we make ourself).
View user's journal Send private message
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 4 of 4 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4