MadTracker.org
Forum - probably final version... finally :)
 Forum
Music talk
 probably final version... finally :)
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Sonitus
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29 2003 18:40    
probably final version... finally :)

After a number of previews of this tune I finally think I'm closing up to a final version, which I know a couple of you guys wants to hear. So I thought I'd post a last preview before I send this off to mastering and see if you guys have any further ideas for it.

Download the last sneek-peek [url=http://www.cutetrancegirls.com/other-sites/MyztiQue/Sonitus-triphop(sneek-peek).mp3]here.[/url] and give me whatever thoughts you might have.

Cheers!

www.sonitusmusic.com
www.myspace.com/sonitusswe
www.vibraonline.com
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
technoid
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29 2003 22:25    

Very nice! It's one of those compositions that build up (well at least in your sneakpeek). I do have a tif about the bass... it sounds too static. Maybe if you could snazz it up a bit using some form of rubberbass or acidbass to give it some wah-type dynamic filtering in the nether regions (of frequency that is, lol), but that's up to you. Smile

BTW, what resolution are your samples in? I want to find high res (16-24 bit) wavs that are free to include to my small, but crappy collection of samples, hehe.

~techie
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29 2003 22:29    

Hell yeah! still like it. Can't think of anything negative (except it's a preview), maybe the bass like technoid said, MAYBE. not sure if a different one would work better though...

The song has a very sentimental sort of feeling, nice atmoshpere Smile Get it mastered quickly so I can have it in my playlist Dancing
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Sonitus
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30 2003 15:32    

technoid wrote:
Very nice! It's one of those compositions that build up (well at least in your sneakpeek). I do have a tif about the bass... it sounds too static. Maybe if you could snazz it up a bit using some form of rubberbass or acidbass to give it some wah-type dynamic filtering in the nether regions (of frequency that is, lol), but that's up to you. Smile

I've given this a lot of thoughts during the process of making this tune, but I just never came up with a good solution. I don't want to use some filter that ruins the contra-sound. And personally I don't think it does much difference if it sounds static or not. As you said, it's up to me.

technoid wrote:
BTW, what resolution are your samples in? I want to find high res (16-24 bit) wavs that are free to include to my small, but crappy collection of samples, hehe.

Some of them are 16 and others are 24 bit, but I'm afraid they're not free. If I was you I'd buy some sample-cd('s).

Thanks for the feedback!
Cheers

www.sonitusmusic.com
www.vibraonline.com
D Vibe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30 2003 17:31    

This is what I call high quality! Smile Great!

/Daniel

https://www.dvibe.se
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
technoid
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30 2003 19:59    

MyztiQue wrote:
I've given this a lot of thoughts during the process of making this tune, but I just never came up with a good solution. I don't want to use some filter that ruins the contra-sound. And personally I don't think it does much difference if it sounds static or not. As you said, it's up to me.
No problem! It sounds good to me as is. As for me, I love to roll the bass around and give it modulation using pitchbends and vibrato when I use a synth, especially in walking bass type of riffs. When I meant filter, I meant the filter is already in the sample. For rubberbass sound, the filter automatically rolls lowfilter higher to end of decay. Sorry, I did not mean the dynamic filter in MT2. Yours does have that bass guitar sort of timbre which is nice to hear. But exactly what type of bass sample is it? I look (or listen?) forward to the final cut.

Yes, I will have to look around for some wave sampler cd's. There is so much out there. The professional cd's are $20 to $500 usd. Ouch! I do have a lot of 8 and 16 bit samples from old mods (late 80's to now). I think they are still useful, but yeah, in these days of higher res', they suck, lol. I hope to find this stuff, because I will be doing some music research for a local band and I would like to use MT2 as an additional platform. Thanks for listening. Smile

~techie
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail
Sonitus
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01 2003 19:19    

technoid wrote:
But exactly what type of bass sample is it? I look (or listen?) forward to the final cut.

It's a contra-bass.

www.sonitusmusic.com
www.vibraonline.com
mikx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02 2003 05:45    

contra-bass... or maybe double-bass?

do you mean the huge wooden string instrument?

Cool
mikx
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Sonitus
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02 2003 18:56    

mikx wrote:
contra-bass... or maybe double-bass?

do you mean the huge wooden string instrument?

Cool
mikx

Yep, that's what I mean, with a bit of tremolo.

www.sonitusmusic.com
www.vibraonline.com
Big Mo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06 2003 22:56    

Hmm, I like the straight version best(preview 3), shuffle doesn't seem to fit in this song.
I liked the other snaredrum-sample better, it had more power. This one mixes too much with the hihats, in my opinion.
The double-bass is too loud, or has too many low frequencies. Try using a low-cut filter on it. When played loud, my subwoofer almost sounds like blowing up.
What I do like very much in the latest version is all the new introduced melodies, they really fit in well, makes the song beautiful. It is super-high quality, very nice.
You might try mastering this song, I did some compression and limiting on it, and it gave the song a lot more power.

In short: it's a very beautiful song, but needs some minor corrections.

Keep it up!

Big Mo
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour