Forum
Music talk
 QBical - Online shopping
Reply to topic Post new topic  
QBical

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30 2004 19:07    
QBical - Online shopping

pfhhhuw...

Making music is far more easier than building websites. This track supposed a kinda promo track to, well, promote the website. But I couldn't realy wait for that.

The website is almost finished, I'm a terrible PHP programmer so that's why. Anyway, in the main time...

Download this! ( right click, save as )

It's a 'Futuristic Electro' track, and I kinda like it.
Tell me what you think!

( some mastering hints would be very welcome! )

Grtz
Ray

PC: P4 HT 3ghz, 1gb ram, 500GB+ Storage, plextor DVD-rw, M-audo Audiophile 2496
Laptop: Apple Powerbook G4 15inch
Other Stuff: Phonic MU802 mixer, Alesis M1 Active Mk2 Monitors, Ipod 2nd gen. 20GB, maxtor firewire HD 80GB
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30 2004 22:46    

hmmm... to be honest, it's a bit repetitive, and thus perhaps a bit too long. I wouldn't however edit after the break (perhaps a bit could be cut from the end), but instead remove some parts from before the break. After the break @3:40 the track gains great momentum, I really enjoyed that part. Before the break however it felt a bit tiresome.

Another thing that in my ears sounds a bit off is the volume of the special fx in most cases. It's too loud simply, I'd lower it a couple of notches at least.

@1:44 there's suddenly a normal voice in the midst of the vocal encoded voices. That sounded a bit off to me...

What I do like however is the sawtooth(?) wave that runs in the background almost constantly throughout the track, and sometimes rises in pitch. Togheter with the small blips that also run through the track it creates a cool distant feeling, that on their own basically set the atmosphere for this track.

the drumprogramming, well it's right up there with what I've become to expect from you Smile

as far as mastering goes, don't know. IMO it's fine as it is now (appart from the fx issue).

ps. want a remix? Cool
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05 2004 20:48    

I like it, as always. Keep posting your tracks, because they always deliver top-notch Chemical Brothers alike joy in my room.

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07 2004 19:44    

so how about it, you want a remix, Qbical? thinking of that sawtooth line I've got numerous ideas already... Wink
kmotiv

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12 2004 21:51    

It sounds great! I think that you've got a really good groove goin on.

As for mastering, there's a bit of clipping around 2:00 (with the high freq bits). Possibly a little reverb on some of the dry elements near the begining. Oh, and don't listen to people who tell you that it's 'too repetitive'. I almost never think that tracks are to repetitive...I think it's because I always try to get into the groove that the artist is getting at with the song. That, and I always listen to all of the elements in it...which is what is intended in mostly instrumental music...you've definitely got a strong groove, I do hear some c bros. influence in here. good overall track....uh, i'm rambling now aren't I? dang it.....

one last mastering bit: a little compression on the overall track would give it a nice bounce.

::kmotiv:::
debut lp: the abstraction agenda
$9.99 at kmotiv.com,
cdbaby & tower records
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
QBical

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13 2004 17:47    

Sunbuster wrote:
so how about it, you want a remix, Qbical? thinking of that sawtooth line I've got numerous ideas already... Wink

Sure, every one can remix my tracks, PM me for the samples...

Grtz
Ray

PC: P4 HT 3ghz, 1gb ram, 500GB+ Storage, plextor DVD-rw, M-audo Audiophile 2496
Laptop: Apple Powerbook G4 15inch
Other Stuff: Phonic MU802 mixer, Alesis M1 Active Mk2 Monitors, Ipod 2nd gen. 20GB, maxtor firewire HD 80GB
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour