Help and support
 Guitar
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Schizo
User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07 2004 14:26    
Guitar

Hey guys. I'm working on a new song and I really just have to have a cool guitar sound to make it work. Im looking for a sort of rocky and pusating guitar sound (some overdrive). I've herd a sound like that a few places. Hmmmm.... I think the song at the begining of Kill Bill has somthing like it. But any suggestions of where to find cool guitar samples (free) would be cool. Tnx! Smile

Peace out!
-Schizo-
View user's journal Send private message MSN Messenger
N0N

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08 2004 02:58    

Weird topic, uhmm.. what kind of guitar sound?.. or better, give a tempo or our song and I'll see what I can do... or do you want someone to write a guitar song for you to layer your stuff around? Cause I can do that too, writing a song in guitar is cake, especially after writing songs in piano, guitar is like the easiest instrument in the world to write songs with.
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Comatose

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08 2004 13:12    

Hey NON out of curiosity what all do you use/do to create your guitar parts/sounds?
View user's journal Send private message
N0N

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08 2004 14:43    

Its not to hard if you know scales, all I do is pick a high hat tap and a bpm, then make a riff with that, put it in madtracker then start the next pattern with just the high hat tap and play something else in the same scale. I do this like 4 or 5 times depending on how complex I want to make it. But dont worry about rhythum, as long as its in the same scale and fallowing the same bpm the only thing you got to do is make the transfer fit.

I do that mostly with bass, drums, and keyboard, or vst synths. And I never read to far into the riffs I write cause if I do it sounds to much like the last riff, which is ok depending on the style of music. but I guess the main thing is I dont fource it, it comes to me, Like when I sit down and play, I dont go " I want to sound like this", I start by clearing my mind and just playing a note or a cord and if I like what I'm playing I keep it other wise I toss it out, its all about trying different things in this game.

Does this help? I dont know, music is great thats all I really know.
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
aRGee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08 2004 21:12    

Maybe, you can try some vsti´s to create guitarsamples.
Here´s a list with a few guitar-vsti´s. Not al vsti´s are free, but you can also use the demo´s to sample guitarsounds from.

Here
InHousePussy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09 2004 00:29    

I've just started using Virtual Guitarist by Steinberg...and i don't think i'll ever stop..It's fab for makeing those sweet background funk-fills we all love..Wink
Schizo
User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09 2004 16:09    

N0N wrote:
Weird topic, uhmm.. what kind of guitar sound?.. or better, give a tempo or our song and I'll see what I can do... or do you want someone to write a guitar song for you to layer your stuff around? Cause I can do that too, writing a song in guitar is cake, especially after writing songs in piano, guitar is like the easiest instrument in the world to write songs with.

No I'm allready half way done with this track. But one section needs a cool giutar sound. Just a one note pluck or strum. I would sen it to you but I'm making this song in reason and I just want a sample I can use.

Peace out!
-Schizo-
InHousePussy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09 2004 16:12    

what chord do you want? tell me and i'll send it to you.. Smile
Schizo
User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09 2004 22:54    

inhousepussy wrote:
what chord do you want? tell me and i'll send it to you.. Smile

Smile Tnx. E miner. And Maybe C as well.

Peace out!
-Schizo-
BeatMax

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10 2004 01:27    

I tried to emulate an distorted e-guitar using StringThing and TubeBaby together with BuzzROoms Limiter (set very low). Together with some delay and reverb it sounds a bit, but I am not sure if it is really convincing. I can post an example if you are interested. Also ZynAddSubfx has a trash-guitar preset. Of course the best way would to record it yourself. TubeBaby is free and creates nice guitar distortion Smile

BMX

-----------------------------------------------
B E A T M A X
Madtracker-Tutorial - Personal Releases
http://beatmax.madtracker.net
https://soundcloud.com/beatmax_prediction
-----------------------------------------------
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
TNK / ATK project

Location: Village-Neuf, France (Dont's search on the map, it's tiny...)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10 2004 02:09    

Isn't there a demo version of this Steinberg Virtual guitarist available somewhere ?

I have several guitar sounds (.mti) that could do the job if you add some FX in madtracker (like distortion).

Switzerland : #1 earthquake provider! (Bootyshakin' Willhelm Tell ?!?)

Last edited by TNK / ATK project on Wed Nov 10 2004 02:22; edited 1 time in total
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
technoid
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10 2004 02:13    

I've dinked around with Slayer2 (eval version) in realtime "keytarring" and it's pretty good for what it can do.

Yeah, I like also know if there's a demo for VG.

BM, yes please post a demo of what you're doing. Is this in realtime or recorded and then tweaked?

~techie
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail
InHousePussy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10 2004 02:34    

I'll give you a clean sample that you can tweek as much as you like...hang on untill tomorrow, and i'll give you the real shait... Twisted Evil
OK?

edit: here's a link to something i've use guitars in... http://inhousepussy.madtracker.net/FunkGuitar.WAV
Schizo
User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10 2004 13:30    

BeatMax wrote:
I tried to emulate an distorted e-guitar using StringThing and TubeBaby together with BuzzROoms Limiter (set very low). Together with some delay and reverb it sounds a bit, but I am not sure if it is really convincing. I can post an example if you are interested. Also ZynAddSubfx has a trash-guitar preset. Of course the best way would to record it yourself. TubeBaby is free and creates nice guitar distortion Smile

BMX

Yeah... Post it. Smile

Peace out!
-Schizo-
Schizo
User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10 2004 13:34    

inhousepussy wrote:
I'll give you a clean sample that you can tweek as much as you like...hang on untill tomorrow, and i'll give you the real shait... Twisted Evil
OK?

edit: here's a link to something i've use guitars in... http://inhousepussy.madtracker.net/FunkGuitar.WAV

Cool. Tnx.

Peace out!
-Schizo-
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 2 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next