Forum - Newbie Questions...
 Forum
Help and support
 Newbie Questions...
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Gen-X

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11 2004 21:23    
Newbie Questions...

Hello to all and greetings from Germany.

I hope you could understand me, my english is just that kind I learned in school ;-(

I loaded MT a few days ago, and it seems really great for me. I'm a "tracker" since I got my first AMIGA long time ago. Later on I worked with FT II and now (under windows 2000) with SkaleTracker. I have done my first few Songs with MT allready, but there are still some questions the tutorial could not answer me:

Is there a possibility to open more than one session of MT the same time? The idea behind that is to open one of my old songs and copy parts of it in another new song simply via copy and paste.
I readed something of rewire support in the new version of MT. Is it working in the registered version? I'm (better we) working with Cubase SX, Reason and my Roland E-15 Keyboard. Oh my god, with rewire support and working VST in a tracker there would be infinity possibilitys. If this runs i would immediately buy MT.

BTW: Is anyone intrested in remix some of our older XM songs? You know that problem with songs or simply an idea you want to finish or work out sometime later but never find the time 'cause of new projects?

Greatings,
J. of GenX
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11 2004 23:44    

Greetings!

Gen-X wrote:

Is there a possibility to open more than one session of MT the same time? The idea behind that is to open one of my old songs and copy parts of it in another new song simply via copy and paste.

Nope, you can't start up more than one session of madtracker at a time Sad You can however save patterns and then load them into a new song. Or copy using Ctrl+F4->load the new song-> paste using Ctrl+F5 -> load the old song->copy->load the new song->paste->load the old song... you get the drift Wink

Gen-X wrote:

I readed something of rewire support in the new version of MT. Is it working in the registered version? I'm (better we) working with Cubase SX, Reason and my Roland E-15 Keyboard. Oh my god, with rewire support and working VST in a tracker there would be infinity possibilitys. If this runs i would immediately buy MT.

There is rewire support in MT. MT works as a synth in that case. I'm not the expert on rewire as I've never used it, but there are plenty of people around here that have used it with success. It's a bit buggy still though, or so I've heard...

Gen-X wrote:

BTW: Is anyone intrested in remix some of our older XM songs? You know that problem with songs or simply an idea you want to finish or work out sometime later but never find the time 'cause of new projects?

Post some links to some of you old songs in the "music talk" section and you never know what might turn up Wink
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Gen-X

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13 2004 15:58    

Quote:
There is rewire support in MT. MT works as a synth in that case. I'm not the expert on rewire as I've never used it, but there are plenty of people around here that have used it with success. It's a bit buggy still though, or so I've heard...

Hmm, is there anyone here who realy bring it to work with rewire?
I started Cubase SX, Reason & Rebirth RB-338. Cubase is the host, all other synths. I could activate Reason and Rebirth as devices in Cubase rewire mixer and they work fine. Now when I start MT 2.5RC3 i get an error: could not load ReWire device! (error code 3). Same when I press play button in MT. What misstake i'm doing? Must I mount a new device for MT in Cubase?

Greez,
J of GenX
Walter Vos

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13 2004 16:29    

I think you have to register Wink

what is hip?

www.waltervos.nl
Gen-X

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13 2004 19:04    

error code 3 = you have to register?
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13 2004 20:04    

afaik you don't need to register to get rewire support. At least that's not mentioned as a feature you'd get if you register... But of course it's always good to register to get the wave export feature and the free webspace etc Wink

I hope someone with experience of Rewire in MT would get into this discussion now, I can't help here anymore Sad
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14 2004 12:35    

ReWire is only available in the registered version. But it's been removed from RC4 because I am currently re-writing it and it was incomplete by the time RC4 was released.

It'll be back in RC5.

Yannick
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
oyvinto
User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11 2004 04:08    

Actually, ReWire works with RC4 as well. Just copy the extension used for RC3. Works for me. Just remember to go to the options and choose ReWire as the audio-out.
View user's journal Send private message MSN Messenger
LoneStar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13 2004 09:07    

oyvinto wrote:
Actually, ReWire works with RC4 as well. Just copy the extension used for RC3. Works for me. Just remember to go to the options and choose ReWire as the audio-out.

I wish it would work here at all. I REALLY wish. Sad
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
JSL

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14 2004 21:54    

I can't get ReWire to work in my registrated RC3 or RC4 version. RC4 is not even near, but in RC3 I'm getting a "Cannot connect to ReWire device! (Error code 107)" box thrown straight at my face when I try to use ReWire. I try to use it wiht Cubase SX.

Anybody got any Idea what can be done?!

please.... Very Happy
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour