MadTracker.org
Forum - 2 new MT2 tracks made with great VSTs (like absynth, FM7...)
 Forum
Music talk
 2 new MT2 tracks made with great VSTs (like absynth, FM7...)
Reply to topic Post new topic  
arkham

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13 2004 01:08    
2 new MT2 tracks made with great VSTs (like absynth, FM7...)

Hi there,

not been over this forum for quite some time now, but still tracking with MT2 when I have some time (i.e. when I'm not at school and not shooting/editing my short movies...) I have uploaded 2 new MT2 tracks on my (temporary) Madtracker Web site (I know it sucks: but I only had half an hour to set-up some pretty basic web page today... I'll try to improve this page later on). I have used loads of VSTs to make them (NI absynth and FM7 are the main ones). I also re-mastered thes tracks with Cool Edit Pro and used BBE's Sonic Maximizer plugin to help me, coz I really don't know much about the art of mastering tracks.

Names of these 2 tracks? "Life is an enigma" and "Scratchin' the surface".

"Life is an enigma" is a little bit inspired by some "Dead Can Dance" tracks, and was made for one of my upcoming "Project-H" short-movies serie (Episode 0: "Anamnesis"), which I am still editing. So, this isn't a "Techno" track. But don't leave now: if you like "Techno", you'll probably like "Scratchin the Surface" a little...

Please have a look over here: http://arkham.madtracker.net (right click on one of the tracks and save it)

And of course, any sort of feedback is welcome! I am sure I have a lot to learn from you guys!

P.S. You are also welcome to listen to "Grandfather" which is a reworked version from Synop's MT2 track.
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15 2004 19:12    

Arkham: massive stuff! Both tracks are more than very amusable.

Scratching the surface has a very pro-ish, driving sound quality that would work very well at a local dancefloor at 3 am. The only real downside is the scratch sample, which sounds a bit dull and fake. Some enhancement/excitement (BBE/Dynasone) would do miracles for that sample. Apart from that: massive!

Life is an Enigma actually reminds me of stuff done by gothic metal bands such as My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost and Tiamat. Good atmosphere, crystalclear samples, transparant mixdown, intruiging melodies...you got one listener convinced of your skills.

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
arkham

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16 2004 11:54    

Wow! Very Happy I didn't expect to receive such a good feedback from one of the person I admire the most over here. Many many thanks Inge!

I have to agree with you about the scratchin sample, which is a little dull: I'll try to fix this with BBE (I don't have dynasone so far, maybe I'll give it try too).

Thanks again for the feedback, I really appreciate it!
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour