MadTracker.org
Forum - MT2.5 final... samples included in it....
 Forum
General discussion
 MT2.5 final... samples included in it....
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Elijah

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15 2004 01:32    
MT2.5 final... samples included in it....

how about everybody that already uses MT submits one sample or loop to be released with MT2.5 final... to leave a mark in time Razz...

.. ok i may be dreaming a bit ...

Rolling Eyes

- Elijah
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TOffe
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15 2004 08:03    
Re: MT2.5 final... samples included in it....

Elijah wrote:
how about everybody that already uses MT submits one sample or loop to be released with MT2.5 final... to leave a mark in time Razz...

Rolling Eyes

Why do that? there are plenty of samples out there, I think the focus of madtracker should be the program and how you can use the samples instead. Either way I wouldn't find such an archive usefull since there would be a wide range of people with the exact same samples then.

http://www.sonitusmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/meltic

"You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note." -Doug Floyd
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15 2004 09:28    
Re: MT2.5 final... samples included in it....

TOffe wrote:
Elijah wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Why do that? there are plenty of samples out there, I think the focus of madtracker should be the program and how you can use the samples instead. Either way I wouldn't find such an archive usefull since there would be a wide range of people with the exact same samples then.

Good point, TOffe. Twentythousand songs with the same samples might get quite, er, boring. Furthermore, MadTracker has built-in links to the song archive of mt.org, so obtaining samples really is quite simple (not even to mention the sample sites listing on the forum).

Apart from that, MadTracker does come bundled with some free VST plugins, so that should already open up possibilities for song creation.

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
N0N

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15 2004 19:06    

Hmm.. I agree and disagree. TOffe & Inge make a good point (and is why I also disagree with packing samples), but if you look at it from a tutorial point of view. Say it included a standard drum kit, piano and a string or two, and a bass, just the bare minimum. Yannick could make the install setup with a sample folder, and this would alow for more indepth totorial to get beginners started with even less questions (a Madtracker for dummies)Wink . Hey it could be helpfull, maybe?
LogicDeLuxe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15 2004 21:53    

What about some chip sounds? Those are too basic to be afraid of many equally sounding songs and also keeps the file size small.
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
D Vibe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16 2004 00:25    

LogicDeLuxe wrote:
What about some chip sounds? Those are too basic to be afraid of many equally sounding songs and also keeps the file size small.

It's a good idea.

But I think, to expand the idea further (and to get slightly offtopic), that MT2.5 would be (more) complete if its synth part in the instrument window would turn "real" and have basic waveforms to choose from, like Sinus, Triangle, Square and Sawtooth.. Have I forgotten any? Smile
Also a "freehand" waveform would be cool, but maybe harder to implement..

More cooler, when we're at it, is that it would be useful to have at least three oscillators with independent waveform and tuning options. They could all be demanded by the same filter and envelopes though Smile

/Daniel

https://www.dvibe.se
Elijah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16 2004 01:25    

c-frog wrote:
Have I forgotten any? Smile

pulse...

i understand the point about fear of having the same shit in everysong. but i was talking about it from a tutorial POV.

like how (sorry) FL has many tutorials. perhaps MT could have similar tuorials, or demos of the different styles you can create (without having to go to the music section.) there are some users that try it once and dont even visit the music section to see what can be done...

anyways. i await the storm of insults.

- Elijah
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CHICAGO¤lollie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16 2004 01:34    

"OMFG HU NEEDZ TUTOIELZ??/////"

Answer: Newbie trackers, and lots of them. Otherwise we'll have people claiming that they've made a new genre, one that consists entirely of offbeat beats and incredibly slow voices, and a total of 3, maybe 4 different patterns. Cosmo techno, for example.

But nevermind that. Some tutorials and tutorial samples could prove to be handy for all those folk who wanna enter the tracker realm.

Jesse Moore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16 2004 02:05    

CHICAGO¤lollie wrote:
"OMFG HU NEEDZ TUTOIELZ??/////"

Answer: Newbie trackers, and lots of them. Otherwise we'll have people claiming that they've made a new genre, one that consists entirely of offbeat beats and incredibly slow voices, and a total of 3, maybe 4 different patterns. Cosmo techno, for example.

But nevermind that. Some tutorials and tutorial samples could prove to be handy for all those folk who wanna enter the tracker realm.

people like me? Very Happy

"The world would be a dull place if there were no Idealists"
Elijah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16 2004 02:46    

Jesse Moore wrote:

exactly... Razz

j/k

i think inclusive tutorials could help keep people interested in MT at first glance.

personally thats what first hooked me to FL Studio.
but the thing that FL lacks is community, and ... hello. MT has a GREAT one. Very Happy

- Elijah
Jesse Moore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16 2004 08:08    

Elijah wrote:
Jesse Moore wrote:

exactly... Razz

j/k

i think inclusive tutorials could help keep people interested in MT at first glance.

personally thats what first hooked me to FL Studio.
but the thing that FL lacks is community, and ... hello. MT has a GREAT one. Very Happy

I expected that.... Razz

"The world would be a dull place if there were no Idealists"
LogicDeLuxe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16 2004 13:50    

c-frog wrote:
But I think, to expand the idea further (and to get slightly offtopic), that MT2.5 would be (more) complete if its synth part in the instrument window would turn "real" and have basic waveforms to choose from, like Sinus, Triangle, Square and Sawtooth.. Have I forgotten any? Smile
While at it, an implementation should have some sliders like shelf ratio for triangle wave (which makes it a saw up/down on exteme settings), pulse ratio for square wave (going from needle impulses over symetric pulse waves, like the SID can do this) and sine powers (which makes it a clean sine at 1.0). Adobe Audition has all of them in its tone generator, btw.. Of course, all of this sliders should support automation.
N0N

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16 2004 15:16    

Wouldn't this already be possable with vst? Rolling Eyes
CamBomb
User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17 2004 14:46    

i like this idea. Mainly because when your new to tracking, you have no idea where to get samples. Also, finding good samples is an even bigger problem. Not being able to find samples can turn alot of people off of tracking. Although...having everyone submit a sample might be a little extreme, maybe we could compile a list of samples as a group and leave our mark that way.
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
TOffe
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17 2004 15:44    

I've seen this kinda thing suggested like 200 times before and in the end it's always the same, just a suggestion nothing more. Noone want's to take things into his own hands and nothing gets done. Wonder how it will turn out this time, or maybe this post will boost someone to actually do it, but I doubt that....

I'd bet that if "you" collect, legal for use, samples in a zipped file Yannick would gladly store it on his domain and link to the file inside madtracker or something simular, that is if the pack keeps an overall good quality. If not I have some space avalible, at least enough for a beginners sample pack.

http://www.sonitusmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/meltic

"You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note." -Doug Floyd
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 3 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next