MadTracker.org
Forum - Upgrading from standard to pro version impossible?
 Forum
General discussion
 Upgrading from standard to pro version impossible?
Reply to topic Post new topic  
ironfreq

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09 2005 02:59    
Upgrading from standard to pro version impossible?

Hello all,

I'd like to introduce myself a little bit, as this is my first posting here Smile I am Vincent, 25 years old and I live in The Netherlands (My English is not perfect, so please forgive me...). Today I've downloaded MadTracker after reading about it in a Dutch magazine 'Interface' (it was mentioned in an article about trackers in general).

I've experimented with the demoversion and I ABSOLUTELY love it very much already. Altough the 2.5 RC crashed a few times, I really thought it was a great joy to work with it. I am already considering buying it, because I would like to contribute to its development.

Is it correct that it is not possible to buy the Standard version first and later upgrade this to the professional version (with the WAV export and Rewire support)? I am particulary interested in the Rewire support, but my PC is probably not fast enough to support this at this time and unfortunately I really must be careful with spending my money at this time (it is possible that the company I work for will go bankrupt).

It would be great if I just could buy the normal version and upgrade to the pro version when I have upgraded my computer (my current PC is a AMD Duron 900 mhz with 1 GB memory).

Best regards,
Vincent

PS: I have searched for this on this forum, but could not find a topic discussing this.
View user's journal Send private message
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09 2005 03:02    

Hi Vincent and welcome onboard! Smile

Upgrading to Pro is always possible, so you shouldn't worry about that.

And for your information, the RC5 free version supports ReWire already, but it is limited to the first 8 tracks (without master send).

Yannick
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
ironfreq

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09 2005 03:12    

Hello!

Thank you for your quick reply Smile

Yannick wrote:
Upgrading to Pro is always possible, so you shouldn't worry about that.

I have visited the Maz-Sound shop and only see two options when ordering MadTracker: The standard version for 20 Euro and the Pro version for (I believe) 40 Euro. I expected to see a third option similair to 'Upgrade to Pro version', but have not found it yet. Can you please give directions?

Quote:
And for your information, the RC5 free version supports ReWire already, but it is limited to the first 8 tracks (without master send).

That sounds great... I will try to experiment with this.

Keep up the excellent work!

Best regards,
Vincent
Walter Vos

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09 2005 11:42    

Hey Vincent,

What issue of interface was this article in? I'd love to read it.

what is hip?

www.waltervos.nl
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09 2005 12:20    

ironfreq wrote:
I have visited the Maz-Sound shop and only see two options when ordering MadTracker: The standard version for 20 Euro and the Pro version for (I believe) 40 Euro. I expected to see a third option similair to 'Upgrade to Pro version', but have not found it yet. Can you please give directions?

I thought the option was visible as well... Maybe it appears only when you've ordered the Basic version. I don't know exactly how it works, but I know it is possible.

Yannick
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09 2005 15:13    

Hello Vincent,

First of all: I'm also Dutch, and like Walter I would *really* like to get my hands on this copy of interface. The website itself (http://www.interface.nl/d/actueel/all/if85/) doesn't mention anything about a tracker roundup though, but we did get an e-mail last month with a request for a review-version of MadTracker 2.5.

Second: I see no clear reason why you would like to go through the process of buying a normal version first, and then upgrading to a pro-version. Since you will buy the pro version in the end, I would just go straight for the pro version. You'll love the wave export anyway, and you're not obliged to start using ReWire straight out of the box Smile

Third: don't worry about your English. You're not on the Great White Noam Chomsky Addicts Forum Of Silly Linguistics or something Smile Ergo: you're perfectly comprehensible.

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
ironfreq

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09 2005 15:22    

Hi,

Thanks for your replies Smile

About the Interface article: It was a quite short article about trackers in general. MadTracker was only mentioned briefly, but from the two screenshots, one of them was from MadTracker (the other one was of good old Impulse Tracker). The article consists of three pages and talks about how trackers have evolved to include MIDI and VSTi support.

I am subscribed to Interface, it is in the latest edition (january/february 2005). I'd be happy to scan it (and to translate it to English if desired), let me know...

Best regards,
Vincent
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09 2005 15:27    

Scanning would be excellent! You can send the high-resolution version to inge@madtracker.org, or upload them wherever you like.

Translating is option: I can also do that. I do wish to mention the 'paper release' of MadTracker on the forum though, so therefore my request.

Which release number does it have by the way? 85 or 86?

Inge

ironfreq

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09 2005 16:30    

Hi,

I have sent it to your supplied e-mail address, let me know when and if Smile you've received them.

It's a bit poor quality I'm affraid.

Best regards,
Vincent
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09 2005 16:42    

http://www.madtracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1358

Thank you!

Inge

ironfreq

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12 2005 22:42    

Hello all,

I've just registered the Standard version of MadTracker today Smile Of course it's a bit unfortunate I didn't know about MT2 in Christmas, but oh well... I am happy to contribute a little bit of money to the development of this program.

I think the Standard version is enough for me at the moment, as the MIDI export is very useful to me. I have tested the Rewire compatibility on my computer, but I got a lot of distortion and crackles when trying this. Obviously my computer is not fast enough (not really a surprise to me)

I use MadTracker as the ultimate jam tool. It always takes a lot of time for me to set up my 5 hardware synths (connecting them via MIDI, setting up my mixer, etc.) every time. Now I simply use MadTracker to quickly try out some ideas. No need to connect anything. I use Cubase VST 5 later to fully work out my ideas on my hardwaresynths and VSTi's. For me this is a great way to work.

I really think these 20 euro's were very well spent and I am looking forward to receiving my registrationcode Smile

I have talked to Maz and he told me how to upgrade to the professional version later, when I want to have the WAV export (I probably will eventually). I simply need to buy the Standard version again and in the comments field mention that I want the upgrade.

Best regards,
Vincent
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14 2005 13:52    

Thanks for the information. I'll add it to the FAQ section.

Update: http://www.madtracker.org/faq.php#faq31

Inge

Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour