Forum - "Error while Saveing" just happend
 Forum
Bug report
 "Error while Saveing" just happend
Reply to topic Post new topic  
N0N

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31 2005 07:13    
"Error while Saveing" just happend

Hi, ok just to let you know, I was able to save to a different file afterwarts but this freaked me out..

ok Click here for the 3 pics taken during this error

The first pic (error3.bmp) contains most of the error. I save with the mixer and 4 vst, UI's open, you cant see 2 of them because there behind the purple'ish colored one. I click save and almost right away, "Error while saving". After which I I couldnt 'print screen' because it said something about there not being enough page space. well, after waiting for 5 min, trying to figure out how to log this, the "Madtracker 2" error windows come up one after the other, as of which I could then print the screen.

I clicked "ok" for all the boxes and saved under a different file name, and that went good, I then waited some more to get the file's here (I also play'ed the song), and again the "Madtracker 2" error window comes up saying the same thing (not during playback) (pic error3-3.bmp). only this time when I clicked ok it said "Madtracker 2 - (Not Responding)".

uhmm.. disregard the error3-2.bmp, because the screen refreshed a little bit after that. I think this error was caused by a small virtual page file set up.. I turned it down *coughs* to 0 *coughs*. Don't worry I put it back up to 700mb.

the original file name was lol2.mt2, and when the error occured it saved 32mb of the song, I sure will error out when I load it. but the file I saved after the error is the full size. Hopefully the virtual mamory thing was the cause of this, (my bad - I didn't do it on perpouse, I was going to but then was advised not to so I changed it back.. well I guess when I reset my pc it still went to off.

I opened up the lol2.mt2 file, and a few of the samples made it in the save, but all the rest didn't.. guessing it had to do with the timeing of the error, vst's, MTI, all made it just not the samples themselfs.

this might be another FAQ entry here. if the error can be replicated by the same thingy.

Thanks
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour