MadTracker.org
Forum - what are the limitations of unregistered version ?
 Forum
Help and support
 what are the limitations of unregistered version ?
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page 1, 2  Next
MUSTRIX
User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02 2005 02:15    
what are the limitations of unregistered version ?

what are they ? just the wav export option ?

because i cant create instruments with more then one sample, and when i click on another track apart from track one i cant record on it because it records all on track one.

another problem i have is that i can eddit a lot of patterns, btu where is the pater sequencer ? where i can call all my pattern in order ? so i can make a song, plz hlp, cheers Wink
View user's journal Send private message
MUSTRIX
User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02 2005 02:28    

ignore the problem on writing on another track, i just haded to move the cursor keys to the right Embarassed , but i still have a problem,with creatin instruments with multiple samples, how is that done , 1 intrument per sample, or an instrument can have lots fo samples, it can right ? but i cant do it dont know why Confused
MUSTRIX
User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02 2005 02:38    

Oooooooooohhhhhhh MY GOD (OMG)

i finally understood where the sequencer is at !! and its so easy to use, now i know how to cal my patterns, and its cool cause it reads the entire pattern and then blabla bla, i got it ! wow ! im pickign this up fast !!! i even got a site where i cen dowload a lot of instruments ! wich is great, still remains the question, how to create instruments with more then one sample ? and how to make them like,c-4 has one sample, the another note as another sample ? im stuckign at that :S
MUSTRIX
User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02 2005 02:54    

lolololol ,never mind, i know know ohw to create an instrument with different samples as notes, one problem thow, on the keyboard of the intruments, the keys to the right speed up the sample that i assign to them, how do i set them to the samples normal speed ? if u know what i mean. Also, because of the stepper, how do i know whats the longitude of a sample, so i can set the stepper according to the sample lenght
Walter Vos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02 2005 10:15    

MUSTRIX wrote:
lolololol ,never mind, i know know ohw to create an instrument with different samples as notes, one problem thow, on the keyboard of the intruments, the keys to the right speed up the sample that i assign to them, how do i set them to the samples normal speed ? if u know what i mean. Also, because of the stepper, how do i know whats the longitude of a sample, so i can set the stepper according to the sample lenght

LOL, funny topic Very Happy

You can set the sample note in the sample tab. On the right of you screen you have the buttons for instruments, samples, vst plugins, | new instrument, replace by/load new instrument/load sample(s), save, properties and delete. Clicking on the little waveform symbol will take you to the sample tab. Here you can set the sample note.

I was gonna let you find out by yourself first Mr. Green

what is hip?

www.waltervos.nl
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02 2005 10:27    

MUSTRIX, you could build a FAQ on your own. Cool

Yannick
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02 2005 10:28    

MUSTRIX wrote:

Hello Mustrix,

Indeed funny to read how you quickly evolve into an more experienced user Smile

About your question: the thing you describe is a property of working with wave files. If you play a certain sound at a higher pitch, the wave file itself will also play faster, and hence last shorter. The only 'real' way to solve this, is to use virtual instruments (VST plugins) instead of wave files. At http://inge.madtracker.org/vst.htm you find a complete tutorial of what these things are, where you can find them, and how you can work with them inside MadTracker.

Good luck, and post back anytime if you got questions,
Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
MUSTRIX
User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02 2005 10:43    

thanks guys, i was also exploring some instruments and i noticed that most of teh time there is only one sample per instrument to avoid this problem, im right now exploring the samples dialog, to see if i can now how much lenght has a sample, to see how much steps i must separet notes, most likely only way is by trial and error but ill chek this out first Wink

Quote:
MUSTRIX, you could build a FAQ on your own

you might be jocking but i might actually do this, although the tuturial is quite good and i havent read it properly yet, i think a small faq explain some stuff on the program would be great not to scare noobies like myself, although i didnt get scared....but thats because im ubber badass Cool , lol Wink
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02 2005 10:58    

Mustrix is right though: MT is currently missing a good 'now that I installed the program, how the f*ck should I get started?' tutorial. Beatmax tutorial demands - in my view - too much navigation. One must know what he searches for, before he can find it.

I think a very good thing would be a flash tutorial (or any other 'moving' object) that simply walks through the program, and shows what does what. This might cover the gap between knowing nothing and getting self-educated.

Inge

Walter Vos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02 2005 11:04    

Word

what is hip?

www.waltervos.nl
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02 2005 11:17    

Excel

Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02 2005 11:17    

[always have wanted to make that joke. I'm so funny. Ha ha.
Ha.]

InHousePussy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02 2005 11:51    

word to your mother...?? Rolling Eyes
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02 2005 12:42    

Inge wrote:
Mustrix is right though:

I think a very good thing would be a flash tutorial (or any other 'moving' object) that simply walks through the program, and shows what does what. This might cover the gap between knowing nothing and getting self-educated.

Inge

I believe Beatmax mentioned some AVIs (video)he has been working on, in another topic. So perhaps he has already produced some. I do agree though a simpler "getting started" guide might come in very usefull for new users. I mean, you just want to make the "bloody thing" make some noise at first, right?
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
InHousePussy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02 2005 12:46    

Just a drunken thought.....How about removing the tutorial all together... make MT the Nr.1 hardest to learn prog. ever...???

Razz Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 2 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next