MadTracker.org
Forum - How to Ripp VST sounds -> Samples?
 Forum
General discussion
 How to Ripp VST sounds -> Samples?
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Za!ppa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26 2003 14:31    
How to Ripp VST sounds -> Samples?

Hi. I've been searching around this forum and google for a while, trying to find a program to 'convert' a sound produced by a VST-plugin (or whatever it's called) into a sample.

(Like f.e. (1) set some settings to some kicking values in the VST-plugin, and (2) press "record to sample" or something like that)

The purpose with this, is ofkoz to use those VST-sounds in MT2, while waiting for MT3. I know allmost nothing about VST's, so please don't spam my ignorant brain with all kinds a' VST-slang Smile

Do any of you know such program?
View user's journal Send private message
TOffe
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26 2003 14:45    
Re: How to Ripp VST sounds -> Samples?

Za!ppa wrote:

Do any of you know such program?

I think "Chainer" is the program you are searching for. You can find it on www.xlutop.com ...
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Enonimis
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26 2003 15:28    

Hey Toffe, in your Avatar are you staring into the light of enlightenment, or perhaps catching a glimpse of god, or maybe an open refrigerator? Or maybe saine's avatar? Just wondering the voices in my head are arguing about that.

cheers,
~Enon

*Enonimis does not endorse god or enlightenment. Unless god is buying me dinner, and a bottle of tequilla, in which case he can chill with me anytime. Not that he would hang out with me, or buy me dinner, or a bottle of tequilla for that matter. What a miser.

If you do not agree with my opinions, you are wrong. If you do agree with my opinions you are drunk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://elrick-enonimis.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TOffe
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26 2003 16:42    

Enonimis wrote:
Hey Toffe, in your Avatar are you staring into the light of enlightenment, or perhaps catching a glimpse of god, or maybe an open refrigerator? Or maybe saine's avatar? Just wondering the voices in my head are arguing about that.

cheers,
~Enon

*Enonimis does not endorse god or enlightenment. Unless god is buying me dinner, and a bottle of tequilla, in which case he can chill with me anytime. Not that he would hang out with me, or buy me dinner, or a bottle of tequilla for that matter. What a miser.

Didn't you know I was a son of the Twisted Evil

http://www.sonitusmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/meltic

"You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note." -Doug Floyd
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Daxx909

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26 2003 17:11    

CHAINER ROCKS!

I'm gonna buy it now! Smile

After all is said and done, more is said than done.
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TmX
User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27 2003 07:23    

Or you just download Buzz and use the VST loader. Then do a wave record of the Vst loader machine. I make my own sounds this way all the time
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
aRGee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28 2003 12:28    

Chainer is indeed a nice program, but the samples doesn´t always sound the same as the vsti-instrument.
View user's journal Send private message MSN Messenger
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28 2003 17:53    

I love it! Despite the argument posted above (haven't experimented that much with it to agree or disagree), Chainer takes way less time than my normal method of playing notes, recording them realtime in soundforge, and cutting them. This rules...fact! Why didn't I install it before?

/me slaps himself on the head for being stupid again

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Pjo2000

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29 2003 13:05    

Inge wrote:
Why didn't I install it before?

Inge

Umm i dont know... Smile it *has* been mentioned at least 3 times before on the forum.

maybe it takes a while for things to sink in hehehehe or you could be lazy.. like me Smile

pjo2000

http://www.projectoverkill.com
Za!ppa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30 2003 13:17    

Tried it and seems like it roxx. Excatly what i've been looking for! But... I can get it to save the wav-files and listen to those files in another program, but i can't get the program itself to play anything. Kind a' strange..

It seems like it's some midi-thing, and only wants to play if you have a midi-keyboard or shit like that??

(I have "SoundBlaster16 Value Edition", and when i select MIDIThru="Creative Music Synth [220]" it does play a standart SB16-midi-sound when i jazz on the keyboard, but that sound has nothing to do with the sound of the VST-plugin)

(There's also something called AISO in the config-menu - i ain't got any of whatever those devices are)

Anyway: Can it only play sounds through a MIDI-keyboard?
View user's journal Send private message
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30 2003 16:28    

No, a normal keyboard (ps2) can also produce sound. I must say that I've only tried it with asio-drivers, and I don't know if regular keyboard support is also possible with normal wave device drivers.

Asio, afaik, isn't support by the sb 16, so it might be the case that you need an external midi-keyboard for sound generating. I'm unaware of wether or not a usb-keyboard (such as the oxygen Cool would also work without asio-drivers (since I don't know if it gives midi-commands or not).

Kind regards,
Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
Big Mo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02 2003 21:31    

You can use a normal keyboard to play VSTi's in Chainer, but you have to select the main window of Chainer. If you're turning some knobs in the VSTinstrument, you cannot play it, because the VSTi gets focus.
Chainer needs focus to convert keyboard events to MIDI events. When you're using a MIDI-keyboard, focus doesn't matter anymore, because Chainer just catches MIDI-events in the background.
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour