Forum - F9 effect and built in delay fx bug
 Forum
Bug report
 F9 effect and built in delay fx bug
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01 2005 10:39    
F9 effect and built in delay fx bug

Not sure if this is an MT 2.5.0 specific thing or if earlier versions also had this, pretty sure it's a bug though:

It seems that when you use the F9xxxx command to route one track to another track that has a delay, stereo delay or flange effect applied (the built in effects), you will not hear the original sound, only the delayed sound. In case of the flange you wouldn't hear an effect at all. However, if you in the mixer window first route the source track to the fx track, then use F9 on the source track in the pattern window (to reset it to master output) and finally use F9xxxx to select the delay track when needed it will work just fine.

I created a small example to illustrate the issue, get it here

In the sample track, the hihat is the sound that should get delayed. The clap just indicates where both sounds should start playing. Track 1 has the delay effect applied, track 0 has the sound that should get delayed with the delay effect.

Play the track, go to the mixer window and switch the output of track 0 from track 1 to master and back. When set to master the hihat sound does not play at the same time as the clap. It seems as if the original hit on the hihat gets cut.
When the output is set to track 1 in the mixer both sounds play at the same time amd the hihat is delayed as it should.
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02 2005 09:38    

Make sure you don't use the new engine. The new engine produces the problem you describe. But with the normal (old) engine, it seems to work fine.

Yannick
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02 2005 11:05    

I tried it with both. The old engine, at least on my computer, also has the problem IF you don't first route the source track to the target track in the mixer. The new engine, as you said, has the problem no matter what the routing in the mixer is when the song starts to play.

Anyway, it's no biggie now that I know how to get around it. And as it seems to be related only to the built in effects I can always use a VST to do the job instead Wink
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour