MadTracker.org
Forum - Looking for composer for animation short (melancholic)
 Forum
General discussion
 Looking for composer for animation short (melancholic)
Reply to topic Post new topic  
sephquartz
User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22 2005 08:12    
Looking for composer for animation short (melancholic)

as the title says, i'm looking for a composer to help me compose music specifically for my animation short. I'm doing an experimental animation of about 2-3mins long (my college final project) and i need any willing composer to help me with my shorts. credit will be given of course Wink and i'll be entering my country's competition with this animated short... and who knows after graduation i'll work on it more and submit it to international film festival.. thats my dream at least Smile

Its simple really, it starts off with sad soulful track (no drums beat nothing, just the mood generally) and as the story progress it'll change accordingly.

If anybody's interested please reply to this post or PM me, i'll email you the script.(or is it better to just post the script here) It has no dialogue tho so music is utmostly important to dictate the mood successfully.

Music plays a crucial role in animation, without it there's no life. So... well i have another 2 more months so i hope someone can help me out. I tried using madtracker, i had no knowledge in music nor the time to experiment and learn.

Cheers!
Jackson
View user's journal Send private message
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22 2005 10:44    

Maybe you should set this up as a compo. This way more people can try, and you will have different expressions to choose from.

~ http://martin.madtracker.net ~
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
sephquartz
User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22 2005 11:59    

compo? is it some kind of periodical contest here? care to elaborate?
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22 2005 12:18    

I was just thinking instead of working with one person, why not have a couple (if enough is interested) working on the project. The best entry would be on your animation.

~ http://martin.madtracker.net ~
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
D Vibe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22 2005 13:56    

Please post both animation and script .. or email it to me and I'll see what I can do Wink ..

/Daniel

https://www.dvibe.se
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
sephquartz
User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22 2005 14:11    

I'm still at the pre-production stage of the animation which is... the part where you design the background, style, characters, storyboards, audio, etc etc before really animating (production). i need to find a suitable audio first then i can work on it in accordance to the mood... hopefully a suitable one.

I'll copy and paste the script here. (theres some changes to the script still, improvisation done during storyboarding, but no worries, its nothing major)

The paper / The simplest thing in life

setting: a plain bleak hospital room with only a bed and a cupboard desk in the middle

A sullen pale little girl stood in front of a room's window, watching the world outside. She saw a bird, nesting on the tree branch outside her room, with baby bird cuddle near the mother bird. The street below the window was bustling with people running about their daily life, other children happily clinging to their parents, laughing and giggling. A heavy tear flowed down as the girl walked away from the window. She climbed up the bed and lie down to sleep.

She was awoken later by the hissing sound of wind sailing through the outside world. She stumbled down the bed and ran to the window again. The bird and the nest is no longer on top of the tree branch. As she walked slowly back to her bed, a paper glide gracefully through the wind... and it flew towards the windows sill. Half of it slipped into the room and the other half, still flapping outside. The little girl noticed the flapping sound and turned around. Slowly, she walked towards the windowsill with a curious look and pulled the paper into her small palm. It’s a blank sheet of paper with no dust or scratches on it. Disappointed, she left the paper on the desk beside the bed and climbed back up to her bed, still coughing periodically.

After a moment of silence, she looked at the paper. The paper was subtly flapping, as though beckoning her. She thought for a while and then opened her tiny cupboard drawer beside her bed and fumbled around for something. Finally she grabbed hold of what seems to be an old worn out piece of crayon. Sitting on the floor, she took the paper and started drawing animals and peoples. Odd-looking characters appeared on the paper, product of the little girl's imagination. She drew and drew and drew.

Suddenly as she was engrossed in drawing, the room started fading away. Everything became colourful. The characters that she drew grew out of the paper and started playing around. They beckoned her to join them. Surprised at first, she just froze. And then she threw the black stone away and joined them cheerfully.

As time passed on, the characters faded away one by one. Everything faded away until the girl was left alone. However the girl didn't seem to notice their disappearance but she continued laughing and playing. Her sole laughter echoed the world and then she, too, faded away.

The door of the room creaked open. a silhouette of a doctor walked into the room. He saw the girl lying on the bed, seemingly asleep. He shook the girl, calling her name softly. But the girl did not show any kind of response. He shook her again. But the girl didn't even stir. He checked for her pulse. As he rushed out of the door, the camera pans slowly revealing the girls pale face. On her left arm, she's hugging a blank piece of paper...

And she wore the happiest smile on her pale, sunken face.

*Scene fades out*

“To breath a few moments of joy is better than to live an entire life of sorrow”
-Unknown

Okay hope anyone can help out with this.. I'll ask yannick if i can make this into a compo. Smile
sephquartz
User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22 2005 14:42    

a little bit more on the animation

it's a 2d experimental animation, an individual project for my final semester's graduation work. so it's utterly important for me.

The animation is roughly 2-3mins, or maybe longer depending on the script changes/scene changes that is needed after consultation with lecturers. I currently am working on the rough storyboard which is roughly consisting of approx 30 scenes. The music starts of with a melancholic loneliness feeling, and slowly lifts up to the climax(loud synth ambience music thingie - sorry my musical knowledge is limited) where the girl runs with her drawings and fades out, and the music returns to normal to reveal that she passed on and finally climatic again at the end to emphasize the message.

My dateline for the animation is on mid November, however I need the music in roughly 3-4 weeks time for my animatics (animated storyboard with the music and audio in it) b4 i can start animating. So any help will be greatly appreciated, credits will be given properly, and you can use the animation together with your music as a portfolio for your future endeavours if needed Wink

I hope that gives you all a little more insight. If there's enough request I might ask Yannick to start a compo.

Cheers
D Vibe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23 2005 08:10    

Okay, I just cried now.

Looks like a very good script.

I'll see what I can do (and the others too ofcourse..)

/Daniel

https://www.dvibe.se
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
sephquartz
User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24 2005 07:00    

Hey thanks alot Daniel, appreciate it Wink PM me if u need detail on animation or perhaps some example that i have in mind.
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour