Forum - headphones
 Forum
Help and support
 headphones
Reply to topic Post new topic  
cijaro2002

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19 2005 10:08    
headphones

I still did not buy me some headphones.Now i found some headphones and i wont to ask you guys if you could tell me if they are good.
Behringer HPS3000
Hope anybody reply.
Bye
View user's journal Send private message
TOffe
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19 2005 19:48    
Re: headphones

cijaro2002 wrote:
I still did not buy me some headphones.Now i found some headphones and i wont to ask you guys if you could tell me if they are good.
Behringer HPS3000
Hope anybody reply.
Bye

I haven't tried them out so it's quite hard to say for me. The features sounds ok (but very "overflashy"). I'd never dare buy a pair of headphones without trying them out first tho, and especially not stuff in this price range. call me whatever you like but I just can't imagen behringer to keep a great standard in that price zoon. I would check out some other phones, maybe a pair of akg k171 studio whitch are really cheap right now, great starter phones.

http://www.sonitusmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/meltic

"You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note." -Doug Floyd
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cijaro2002

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19 2005 19:52    
akg k171

Could you please tell me what is the price for those AKG headphones in your country.The price hear is 150 EURo
TOffe
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19 2005 20:01    
Re: akg k171

cijaro2002 wrote:
Could you please tell me what is the price for those AKG headphones in your country.The price hear is 150 EURo

like 110 euro, but if you are after making music and not just listening with your headphones the quality is of importance. I for one think it's better to invest in something that will last a while if you are buying anything new. or you'll end up buying one specific tool/equip over and over. just my thoughts...

http://www.sonitusmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/meltic

"You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note." -Doug Floyd
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cijaro2002

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19 2005 20:13    

Thanks for your help.I think i will buy them next week.Thanks again.I am buying them for two months now because something stoped in me, when i heard my song through my friend headphones and then i actualy saw what i was mising all this time.I always use my speakers but that is not it.I am working on my new song now and i realy wont good production.You are welcome to listen to it if you want ii is a topic in this forum under the music talk.Hope you like it.Thx again
xiphiuz
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20 2005 08:11    

Hi,

Don't use Behringer Headphones dude.
Almost everything of Behringer Sux.

Except for their autocoms (the old compressors) and their DDX3216 (not designed by Behringer, but a French company, don't know the name) and some of their tube and amp sims.

I've got a Sehnheisser HD580 and a AKG Studio 241.
The 241 will cost you something like 130 euro's... try that one!
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20 2005 14:07    

You may also look at Sennheizer HD595. I purchased those after looking around a bit, and I am satisfied with those. They have a very clear and clean sound.

~ http://martin.madtracker.net ~
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20 2005 21:56    

Anyone tried the new headphones from creative ?

http://uk.europe.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=437&subcategory=438&product=11430

I have read some reviews and it seems these headphones are very good (games,movies).
But also good for making music? The price of 90 € seems to be okay.

Tom

against software piracy...
Elijah

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21 2005 00:12    

xiphiuz wrote:
Hi,

Don't use Behringer Headphones dude.
Almost everything of Behringer Sux.

Except for their autocoms (the old compressors) and their DDX3216 (not designed by Behringer, but a French company, don't know the name) and some of their tube and amp sims.

I've got a Sehnheisser HD580 and a AKG Studio 241.
The 241 will cost you something like 130 euro's... try that one!

yes... behringer .. they have great tube amps.. as for headphones, i have a pair of AKG K2400F headphones. but these are mostly for acoustic recordings.. also they are very good for mixing because they are not accented for bass. i have a seperate pair for mixing sub bass. just some cheap KOSS bass accented heads ($40 cdn)

anyways the AKGs were about $200 (cdn) i dont know pounds.. but i think its about half...

DONT EVER BUY SONY HEADPHONES!!! GRRR!!!!

:edit: p.s. - i love headphone topics.. tee hee Razz

- Elijah
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xiphiuz
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21 2005 07:04    

Creative is toyish If you ask me.

It all depends on your budget... But my advice, just save more money and buy something good. and listen to a selfcompiled cd in your favourite store.

try all the headphones they have in order to make a wise decision Wink

Elijah.. behringer tubes are cool for the price... try a TL Audio Fatman for instance hehe. instant FAT sound Wink
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21 2005 09:57    

I've got a pair of AKG 401's. The sound in them after 7+ years of abuse by me is still great, but the rubber bands that are supposed to keep the headband tight around your head have worn out. In other words they don't sit that comfortably anymore. But still the 120€ (with discount) I had to invest to get them back in the days was well worth it imo.

I'm going with toffe on this. Don't buy headphones before you've tried them. One thing that can help you limit your choices significantly is to decide if you want an open or closed design. Headphones with an open design are usually more comfortable for long listening sessions, as they won't heat up your ears that much. The downside is they let through a lot of ambient noise. A closed design will be better if you need to eliminate a lot of ambient noise in your work enviroment. The downside (in my experience at least) is they're not as comfortable to wear for extended periods of time as they tend to heat up your ears and usually apply a higher pressure on your head (in order to more efficiently eliminate outside noise). Another thing I'd definetly check for is to get headphones with large earcups, ones that your ears will fit inside comfortably. Don't get headphones that press on your ears if you plan to use them for studiowork.

headphone producers I'd check into are AKG, Sennheiser and BeyerDynamic.

hope this helped Smile
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21 2005 10:11    

_0_ AKG K 240 Monitor _0_

140 euro, never have regretted spending that money on it.

Care for a game of Monopoly?
D Vibe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21 2005 16:20    

I've not tried those myself, but according to a couple of reviews I've made they're quite terrible actually; although one can not expect much more in that price range. The only strange thing is Behringer's marketing strategy to call them studio phones; they will lose customers by fooling them.

I would not say that Behringer makes only bad products though. I've got some studio gear made manufactured by them, and I think they are good.

/Daniel

https://www.dvibe.se
MrEdge_
User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27 2005 15:29    

I'm very happy with my Sennheiser HD-25 (not the cheaper SP version)
It costed me 90 euro's on ebay back then while they were 199 in shops. I'm not sure if it's a reliable studio headphone (although I have seen several studio technicians working with them) but it's great for live monitoring. Can handle any volume and never distorts.

My U2 Tributeband
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour