PostPosted: Thu Nov 24 2005 21:04    

wez ty sie uspokoj, robisz 5 kawalkow dziennie Smile

Music Is ThE GatE
---------------------
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28 2005 08:40    

Again a joyful and musically talented little gem. You're mass-producing?

Care for a game of Monopoly?
maxus_pl
User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28 2005 11:10    

I only love music Smile
View user's journal Send private message
MC Project

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28 2005 15:42    

Is it just me, or do many trackers make this 'dream away' kind of songs? Nothing against it, but I just wonder why Surprised

The thing I notice about these songs is that the synths aren't repeated. It seems different through the whole song, no real patterns. Is it me hallucinating, or is this true? Also, I have nothing against this either. i just wonder where you get the inspiration from Shocked

The piece of rumble (it sounds like rain)... What does it actually mean?

It sounds good, although not my favorite kind of music, it draws you into it. The combination of the rumble and the song itself is a weird combination, but it does have something. The bassline and piano sound filling in between 'm reminds me of some Dj Bobo song. It also seems like this song is played in some tunnel (not that you did). If it was the meaning to imitate such a sphere, then you did a good job there Razz

Smile

Sure......I am the MCP....Or just MC...Uhmmm...I make battle music...There....That is more then enough...
XnmE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28 2005 17:02    

Inge wrote:
You're mass-producing?

hehe... here is translation of my previous post:

"wez ty sie uspokoj, robisz 5 kawalkow dziennie"

= hey, calm down, you're making 5 songs a day Smile

Music Is ThE GatE
---------------------
MagnarTBL

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14 2005 10:40    

I am totally amazed!

This song is catchy from it's beginning to its end! Really nice drum arrangement! No fake sampleloop CD I hope, you built that up from scratch yourself I hope? Smile

The rain with the heavy tunnel-reverb is also so dreamy and beautiful overlaying a special mood and unique atmosphere to the song!

*bows in respect! And file added to my mp3 player!*

/M
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
maxus_pl
User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14 2005 17:06    

no!!!Wink.. i don't use loops!! loopers are lamers ;0
MagnarTBL

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15 2005 12:04    

Could you post the mt2 file? I am really curious on how you made this song. I am still amazed by it. Smile

/M
MagnarTBL

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15 2005 12:41    

Ofcourse, I can't answer on behalf of Maxus_pl, but I somewhat recognized myself in your questions above.

MC Project wrote:
Is it just me, or do many trackers make this 'dream away' kind of songs? Nothing against it, but I just wonder why Surprised

Basically, I believe most of us "tracker" composers have limited resources. We are not part of a big musicgroup with a strong lead songer, (sexy) choir girls, a awesome guitarplayer etc that we can use in our music/compositions.

We are limited to the skills we have at hand, which in my case is: a couple of synthesizers, drummachine, some HW effects+compressors and computers. Sure, I do try to record stuff with my old microphone from time to time, and I even try hit some notes on my elguitar (the cheapest in the store), but I utterly sucks when doing it. Smile

Which basically leads me to making music with the "best" resources I have at hand: My computer and samples from my different synths or CD sample libraries. With that, it is really hard to build up anything else than intrumental music. I've tried dozen of times doing a lot of other stuff that you can listen to on the radio, but what works best for me is again building up dreamy moody instrumental songs, like Maxus_pl has done very cleverly, and in my own opinion brilliant, with HappyFlower.

MC Project wrote:
The thing I notice about these songs is that the synths aren't repeated. It seems different through the whole song, no real patterns. Is it me hallucinating, or is this true? Also, I have nothing against this either. i just wonder where you get the inspiration from Shocked

I think this is also a personal choice. I myself hate when a pattern repeats itself, and I find it unprofessionally of the composer to not spend more time to add variation to the song. As I believe the listener would appresiate the song better if it wasn't a repeated loop for 5 minutes...

That leads to extreme cases where you always try to do something different with the drums, with the melody, with the chords, adding some background sfx effects, or tempo tricks like a syncope/force on notes etc. All in all to add variation and excitement for the listener to notice something different from what he just heard 10 seconds ago.

Why I used the words extreme cases? Well, in my case it always puts down to much focus on fixing and editing the first pattern to perfectness , instead of actually making a complete song finish. I don't know how many 30secs songs I have on my harddrive, but I would say a couple of 1000s atleasts! (from 1986-2005). This is very different from when I played in a musicgroup, where we usually got a written songtext first by the (sexy) choir girl, and started doing chords and music that fitted the songlyrics. That was kinda the opposite, where the whole song already was finish, but we had to "come up with the indigrences" as we played. We added differences in the song over time, like try new chords or breaks (by my accidents) and see if we got a "WOHO!-that was cool! Do it again!" experience.

MC Project wrote:
The piece of rumble (it sounds like rain)... What does it actually mean?

I can't really answer on behalf of the master himself, but I would guess this is a rain sample that he used a lot of tunnel-reverbing on. And what does that mean? Well.. HappyFlower is the title, and maybe he thought of the title after making the song. I believe he just wanted to add something in the background, and found a rain-sample of a sampleCD, and built up the song on top of that - after adjusting and playing about with reverb effects to that sample. I guess it was the trigger on what he started off from scratch, and then made the song on top off. Which again, when giving the song a title - he thought of a HappyFlower that got some water to make it happy...

But I am only guessing, the master himself would have to explain it, really. Smile

MC Project wrote:
It sounds good, although not my favorite kind of music, it draws you into it. The combination of the rumble and the song itself is a weird combination, but it does have something. The bassline and piano sound filling in between 'm reminds me of some Dj Bobo song. It also seems like this song is played in some tunnel (not that you did). If it was the meaning to imitate such a sphere, then you did a good job there Razz

Well, that is also the main point. It should "sound good", but it might not be commercial friendly for the radio listeners. Maxus_pl would most likely never become a new DJ Bobo star with his dreamy music. But again, it catch you! You are sucked into the mood if the melodies and the atmosphere/apperance of the song appeals to you. It is relaxing as background music when you work, when you travel, when you actually don't want to listen anylonger to Robbie William or Stings or whatever's voice on the radio/mp3-player.

Trackers are excellent tools for making dreamy music and instrumental songs. That is what I conclude with, and also the reason why this "tracker-scene" way back to the 1980's are so full of songs that are dreamy. It is so easy to make! Just start off with some strong sample that drives, like the rain sample.. Which basically can be whatever, but should be a very long/looped sample. Add some strings/pads chords, a nice and thight-firm drum setup, a deep bass line, and you're on! Continue with some melodies... and TADA! Smile

Anyway, I believe I am not the only one here that feel this way. Prove me wrong, Binärpilot! Very Happy

/M
maxus_pl
User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15 2005 14:34    

ok thnx MagnarTBL Smile, here you are mt2 file -> http://nab.untergrund.net/happy.rar

i must translate your text .. give me a time, becouse my english is very bad Wink

ps. ahh you must download one sf2 file -> http://www.sf2midi.com " +Church Combo " <- this file
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour