Help and support
 Few questions..
Reply to topic Post new topic  
mariachi
User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12 2006 15:50    
Few questions..

Hi 2 all MadTracker users!
I use free version of MT2 and now I gonna buy it, because it is definitely the best tool to program music. Cubase SX, Cakewalk or Reason are great programs, but only for live or midi recording etc... if I want to program music from the scratch, it takes many many hours to create something good.
From 1995 till 2001 I used Fast Tracker 2 and since 2002 i've been looking for something similar under Windows. Yes, there were some programs I found, but they can't work with VST plugins... and finally I found MT2! It's amazing to have music in my fingers again. No more using mouse to move the little quads all over the screen like in Cubase etc :)

I got few (maybe lamer :) questions, please answer if you can:

1) is it possible to assign one vst to more tracks? i mean channel 1 to track 1, channel 2 to track 2 etc, or I have to load more instances of this vst?

2) I read somewhere, that Rewire 2 allow to play midi events in slave program and simultaneous record it in master program. Is that possible with MT2?

3) Not important at all, but: can I run MT2 in 64bit Windows (xp or 2003)?

Thank you in advance,
-mariachi-
View user's journal Send private message
PyroZane

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12 2006 23:32    

1) If its midi channels you are talking about? Like if you have multiple instruments in one vst? You can create a new instrument and assign the "vst + channel" by dobbleclicking on the new instrument and click on synthesizer tab. Here you can choose what vst + channel to be played, when using that spesific instrument, without reloading the vst multiple times. Just create an new instrument for each midichannel that spesific vst can use, to use all intruments at once, without reloading it.

However that singe vst (containing many instruments) can only be assign to be played in one track, using this method. If you still want it to be played in different tracks, you have to reload it, and assign it to the tracks you want it to be played in.

If this was what you was wondering about?

2) Ask someone else.

3) Ask someone else.

http://pyrozane.madtracker.net/

Last edited by PyroZane on Sun Feb 12 2006 23:46; edited 4 times in total
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12 2006 23:36    

Quote:
3) Not important at all, but: can I run MT2 in 64bit Windows (xp or 2003)?

Everything that runs in 32-bit Windows XP/2003 also runs in 64-bit Windows, since it either gets emulated (native 32-bit software) or released in a 64-bit optimized version. MadTracker belongs to the former, although I did hear Yannick murmuring about the advantages of his new laptop-to-buy that contains an AMD64 and would therefore allow him to test a 64-bit version of MT.

Care for a game of Monopoly?
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12 2006 23:39    

So finally, for 3): Wink

MT2 doesn't support MIDI via ReWire.

Yannick
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
mariachi
User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13 2006 22:43    

Pyrozane: Yes, that's exactly what I needed to know, thanx a lot for your detailed description, it works fine.

Inge & Yannick: Thank you for answers.
View user's journal Send private message
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour